First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Occupation
Performance person
To be honest mileage is atrocious. E85 burns hotter and faster, so while it’s cheaper to use, it doesn’t get you far. I average right around 10-12 in the city (but to be fair I’m almost always gassing it, it’s hard not to when it’s so much fun) and 18 on longer trips if I’m driving about 70mph.
Ethanol burns cooler actually and requires a larger volume of fuel than gasoline, it’s not that it burns faster in the combustion chamber, it gets used faster because it requires a larger volume of fuel to make the same power as gasoline. You burn more fuel on ethanol because it takes more fuel to make power. It’s larger volume and cooler burning has a large cooling effect on the valves and pistons that allows it to make more power when compared to gasoline. It’s being cooler and higher octane that allows so much more ignition timing and power, if you can flow enough to keep it happy.
Sponsored

RangerStranger

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
How many Rangers have you actually seen that have bigger injectors?
Literally only 2! But they were also the only guys I saw trying to run full e85. Sheepyrace built a Ranger that ran bigger injectors, pump and turbo with all of the supporting mods. Then there’s a guy on the fb forums that I believe also has a YouTube channel that was chasing the same build. He has an entire video on him running out of injector on full e85 and then upgrading them along with a turbo.

Loweredon33s

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Occupation
Performance person
Literally only 2! But they were also the only guys I saw trying to run full e85. Sheepyrace built a Ranger that ran bigger injectors, pump and turbo with all of the supporting mods. Then there’s a guy on the fb forums that I believe also has a YouTube channel that was chasing the same build. He has an entire video on him running out of injector on full e85 and then upgrading them along with a turbo.
But have you seen them? They seem more like a legend. I saw the blue truck on YouTube but no evidence of injectors actually being installed. The ecu was only just recently cracked for the fuel changes required to run injectors correctly (unless they were doing very weird things to tune it which is totally possible) I just haven’t actually really seen anyone who actually had injectors….. from the past I mean. I know for a fact that they currently exist but I don’t know how or what they did before now.

RangerStranger

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
With a questionable source you supposedly prove half your statement and disprove the other half.
Questionable source? EFlexfuel is a company that’s been making conversion kits for e85 for years. Also not afraid to admit I was wrong when saying it burns hotter, that was my assumption with the fact that it does burn faster causing you to use more fuel consumption. But instead of you doing any research at all! You just said…. Wrong. Maybe you should check things out as well instead.
I admit I didn’t fully understand the combustion of e85 vs regular pump gas but it’s interesting to get to know the facts. My main point across this whole post was that e85 uses more fuel consumption than regular gas, which is indeed true. To which you just replied “Wrong” for no reason whatsoever, that’s a strange thing to do when you don’t know the facts. Kinda makes you look stupid if you ask me. So maybe next time just do a quick google search before you go adding in your opinion on a post.

pbethel

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2016 Ford t250 Transit
Occupation
retired
Questionable source? EFlexfuel is a company that’s been making conversion kits for e85 for years. Also not afraid to admit I was wrong when saying it burns hotter, that was my assumption with the fact that it does burn faster causing you to use more fuel consumption. But instead of you doing any research at all! You just said…. Wrong. Maybe you should check things out as well instead.
I admit I didn’t fully understand the combustion of e85 vs regular pump gas but it’s interesting to get to know the facts. My main point across this whole post was that e85 uses more fuel consumption than regular gas, which is indeed true. To which you just replied “Wrong” for no reason whatsoever, that’s a strange thing to do when you don’t know the facts. Kinda makes you look stupid if you ask me. So maybe next time just do a quick google search before you go adding in your opinion on a post.
With google as the banner on your cited source...
Everything from google is suspect in my mind and should be verified elsewhere.
I should have stopped with my original post and sort of hate myself for responding further.

Loweredon33s

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Occupation
Performance person
With google as the banner on your cited source...
Everything from google is suspect in my mind and should be verified elsewhere.
I should have stopped with my original post and sort of hate myself for responding further.
That website is junk, they seem to feed off of the uninformed. Just check it out if you want to see for yourself. Their claims are hyped, they won’t tell you much about what it actually does and it’s a wiring/plumbing mess of a diy fire hazard. The “tuning” sounds like a joke on top of it all.
You were right to question its integrity from the beginning.
He’s just mad that he didn’t know how ethanol works I guess. I’m still waiting for these Rangers from the past who had injectors installed for ethanol tuning to surface.

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
I have access to ethanol-free 90 octane and I run a mid grade tune from Unleashed yet my buttmeter and fuel mileage calculations don't show much of a difference if any. My wallet cries though so I just went back to Sam's club/Costco premium for way less $$$. I do miss E30. Must be that spark advance.

Loweredon33s

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Occupation
Performance person
I have access to ethanol-free 90 octane and I run a mid grade tune from Unleashed yet my buttmeter and fuel mileage calculations don't show much of a difference if any. My wallet cries though so I just went back to Sam's club/Costco premium for way less $$$. I do miss E30. Must be that spark advance.
The timing from e30 is all the difference!

got3fords

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Sport
How are people timing their runs, is there an app or something?

MY23RANGER

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 XLT Ranger black edition 2wd
Occupation
Ford Tech
I use the Dragy App to track my times.

Rod B

First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT sport 2WD, extended cab (long bed)
2020 2wd with 17,000 miles on it. K&N, MBRP single side, unleashed 93 with 93 octane. 20’ elevation on a 60 degree day in the Florida panhandle.
5.6 to 60 with a soft start.

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
2020 2wd with 17,000 miles on it. K&N, MBRP single side, unleashed 93 with 93 octane. 20’ elevation on a 60 degree day in the Florida panhandle.
5.6 to 60 with a soft start.
I was stationed in Pensacola a few times an did 3.5 years as an instruction. I really like the area an you gotta love the "20' elevation"!
Sponsored