First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4, 2022 MINI JCW Hardtop
Occupation
Boeing Driver
Ranger doesn't need a tune to outrun a Frontier. Or a Tacoma.

Install a tune and it starts thumping V8 full size trucks.
It already thumps V8 full-size trucks. A tune just embarrasses their compensating-for-something asses even more.
Sponsored

Apples

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Retired
You need to be careful posting about your stoplight derby antics, for obvious reasons. But I do own a Draggy, which gives me 0-30, 0-60, and 1/4 mile times. Depending on the ambient, I can almost break 5 seconds to 60 with a lot of wheel spin, at my home altitude of 3,800 FAS. At ≈1,500 FAS (as low as I've driven it) it easily breaks 4.8 if the temps are mild. Unfortunately, there is just too much wheel spin to do any better (stock tires).

This is on 91 octane pump gas, with the FPT, Ford exhaust, CAI, pipes, and intercooler.

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
You need to be careful posting about your stoplight derby antics, for obvious reasons. But I do own a Draggy, which gives me 0-30, 0-60, and 1/4 mile times. Depending on the ambient, I can almost break 5 seconds to 60 with a lot of wheel spin, at my home altitude of 3,800 FAS. At ≈1,500 FAS (as low as I've driven it) it easily breaks 4.8 if the temps are mild. Unfortunately, there is just too much wheel spin to do any better (stock tires).

This is on 91 octane pump gas, with the FPT, Ford exhaust, CAI, pipes, and intercooler.
Hankook stocks? Surprisingly they perform amazingly well. Still waiting to get true on-road tires... I have the same exact mod setup almost and run very similar times. Went under 5 sec a few times now.

rcairflr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4
Occupation
retired
My lariat FX4: Ford Performance tune, LT285/70R17’s BFGs and MBRP exhaust is 5.6-5.7ish 0-60, best 1/4 mile to date 13.67 at 101. ??
I really enjoy when people come with verifiable numbers instead of BS. That is darn respectable numbers.

Apples

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Retired
I'd love to run my Ranger at sea level. Even 750 FAS average where I was raised (K.C., MO Area) would be fine. Don mentioned better tires, and I think that is a good idea. We get a bunch of slick weather here in Roswell NM, until about April. I suspect that will be about the time to switch to summer tires. If I can find a set of Bridgestone RE50Rs or similar, I'd be happy. Gooies? Yes, if I could find them. They've been out of production since ≈1990s.

txquailguy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Lariat - 2020 Hyundai Kona Ultimate
Occupation
Biologist
Vehicle Showcase
Ranger doesn't need a tune to outrun a Frontier. Or a Tacoma.

Install a tune and it starts thumping V8 full size trucks.
Yep! Throw in a few WRX STI’s also ?

Cabose-1

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT FX2
Occupation
Student
i'm impressed...more that you marked out a 1/4 mile on an impromptu street drag race.
Still didn't thump him as the previous post implied, 3/4 truck length?? lol, that's worth laughing over.
nor do you know if he was even trying as hard as you.
e1394868d0932ba861e567aaa646df50.jpg

txquailguy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Lariat - 2020 Hyundai Kona Ultimate
Occupation
Biologist
Vehicle Showcase
BTW....we had the last weekend of our annual community leaf recycling event here in Arvada this past weekend. I say this because we had another 1,600+ vehicles come through, which gave me an opportunity to see a few new rides. We had a new Ford Maverick pickup come through and one of the 2022 Frontiers. Honestly, the Frontier looks great! The Maverick....lol...IMO, not so much. It just looks weird to me. Like a Ranger bed on a little truck. Thank goodness the Ranger is still KING in my book over either one....
BTW, had a guy come through in a 5g Electric Blue Ranger with Orange trim for a custom Denver Broncos look.....pretty nice truck! Wish I had a few pictures.

OP
OP
WNCblueridge

WNCblueridge

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger supercab
Occupation
Goat herder

Wouldn't mind pairing the aftermarket charge pipes with my FP tune but not sure if any gains would be negated by leaving the stock oem filter in place

Reactions: Doc

Apples

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Retired
If you believe the dyno pull info on line, about each individual installation, and in pairs and completes, it is evident that each small addition helps all of the others. It is a case where the total is more than the sum of the individual parts.

I made mention to a Ford engineer about the mods I have made, and his comment was to the effect, you probably could increase the output by another 10% or so, by having a slight retune to handle the increased airflow. I believe his was a truthful comment.

All this said, my XLT is two wheel drive, and even with better traction-rated tires, it is still easy to not just squeal the tires, but flat out spin them (traction and stability turned off) to the point of smoke! I can't imagine why I'd need more!

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4