SHROCKWORKS out of business?

jsphlynch

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XL
This is really to bad as they were a really good company. What really sucks is if they were a corporation (S corp, LLC etc) I don't think there's much anyone can do. You can't sue them personally and if they didn't own the building and only leased it there's nothing to go after there.

Plus guys like this usually have a huge group after them because they've been doing this for so long you'd have to stand in a long line waiting for your money. The big creditors like the banks and state (I'm sure he wasn't paying his taxes either) will get their money first.
After reading this thread, I'm going to have to firmly disagree with you. By all accounts, they made a really good product. However, even in the best of times, their communication was terrible to nonexistent and their timelines completely unreliable, and then in the end they leave everybody (their customers, their employees, and almost certainly their creditors) hanging. That sounds like a really crappy company.
Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
After reading this thread, I'm going to have to firmly disagree with you. By all accounts, they made a really good product. However, even in the best of times, their communication was terrible to nonexistent and their timelines completely unreliable, and then in the end they leave everybody (their customers, their employees, and almost certainly their creditors) hanging. That sounds like a really crappy company.
Yeah I worded that wrong. I meant to say they made a really good product. I posted earlier in this thread on how bad their communication skills were. I tried calling them and emailing them for some info on sliders for my Jeep and they never returned either. Every time I called no one would answer until finally one day someone did. I think it was the owner and he couldn't give me a straight answer on how how long it would take to get them. You can't run a business telling people you'll get them when ever. Obviously because now their doors are closed and probably for the best so no one else gets screwed. I don't know how these people live with themself knowing they're screwing people over but they have no conscience!

Colo_Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
I don't know how these people live with themself knowing they're screwing people over but they have no conscience!
I would be careful with this kind of statement. You don't know what they're going through. I'm not defending them, and they very well could not care, but I believe in *some kind* of human decency and I would be this is not how they planned to run their business. Meaning; I bet the owner feels terrible about how things are going. Even a narcissist would be upset about a failed business.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I would be careful with this kind of statement. You don't know what they're going through. I'm not defending them, and they very well could not care, but I believe in *some kind* of human decency and I would be this is not how they planned to run their business. Meaning; I bet the owner feels terrible about how things are going. Even a narcissist would be upset about a failed business.
I disagree this isn't something that just started a few months ago it's been going on for years. He always ran that place like we, the customer were to be grateful for him and not the other way around. That's a terrible business attitude and one that won't get you far and we can see. I'm not saying I wish something bad on him but he got what was coming to him. Maybe he feels bad but he sure never showed it by the way he ALWAYS treated the customer. Just go over to the Bronco and JL forums and you'll see numerous posts all saying the same.

Noface

First Name
Jes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Occupation
Nerd
RCI makes a sweet skid plate set (including fuel tank skid, though I don't have it yet).
I just installed mine a couple weeks back. Im happy with the build quality but was pretty surprised that I lost an inch of ground clearance at the cross member vs the FX4 plate. I’m also not sure why they used a diff mount point at the tow hook / frame. Granted I’m no engineer either.

Colo_Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
I just installed mine a couple weeks back. Im happy with the build quality but was pretty surprised that I lost an inch of ground clearance at the cross member. I’m also not sure why they used a diff mount point at the tow hook / frame. Granted I’m no engineer either.
I gained clearance compared to my ARB skids. The OE skid was so thin, anything thicker is going to lose ground clearance.

OP
OP

chicken lips

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XL
Occupation
Hydrologist
Maybe by starting this thread I saved some folks from making the same dumb mistakes as I did. I'd like to to think Ilearned my lesson.

Those of you that didn't lose money to Shrockworks, maybe you'd like to send me money to offset the $2,700 I lost!?! (Just so that there's no misunderstanding, that was meant as a bad joke.)

Jrel209

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT crew cab
Maybe by starting this thread I saved some folks from making the same dumb mistakes as I did. I'd like to to think Ilearned my lesson.

Those of you that didn't lose money to Shrockworks, maybe you'd like to send me money to offset the $2,700 I lost!?! (Just so that there's no misunderstanding, that was meant as a bad joke.)
2700 cambodian riel on its way

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase

Did you give them cash? If you paid by credit card you should be able to go back on the credit card company....

XDKTC

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 4Runner
Occupation
Welder/Fabricator
I'm not too sure about the owner is going thru but us the employees are going thru hell. Sure a few of the guys have been there less then 2 years, however a few of us have been there 16 years it wasn't a job to us but a passion and commitment to the quality we put out.
I have no bearing nor knowledge of the business side of all of it , so I cannot speak to any of that .

I disagree this isn't something that just started a few months ago it's been going on for years. He always ran that place like we, the customer were to be grateful for him and not the other way around. That's a terrible business attitude and one that won't get you far and we can see. I'm not saying I wish something bad on him but he got what was coming to him. Maybe he feels bad but he sure never showed it by the way he ALWAYS treated the customer. Just go over to the Bronco and JL forums and you'll see numerous posts all saying the same.
lead times have been crap from the day I started (3-4 months) on bumpers at the time and (6-8 weeks) on sliders at the time. overall I'm just as ticked off as any of the customers are that have outstanding orders.

we are out of luck on our last 7 days we worked , pretty much told doubt u will get paid. ~shrug
best of luck to any customers and vendors that had outstanding orders hit up those CC companies.

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
I'm not too sure about the owner is going thru but us the employees are going thru hell. Sure a few of the guys have been there less then 2 years, however a few of us have been there 16 years it wasn't a job to us but a passion and commitment to the quality we put out.
I have no bearing nor knowledge of the business side of all of it , so I cannot speak to any of that .

lead times have been crap from the day I started (3-4 months) on bumpers at the time and (6-8 weeks) on sliders at the time. overall I'm just as ticked off as any of the customers are that have outstanding orders.

we are out of luck on our last 7 days we worked , pretty much told doubt u will get paid. ~shrug
best of luck to any customers and vendors that had outstanding orders hit up those CC companies.
Thanks for giving us some first hand info.

I hope all of you can find something close that will let you continue to fuel your passions and skills.

I have a set of Shrockworks sliders on my truck, and if you built them you do great work! :like:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee

Sorry to hear about you and the other employees not getting paid. I hope you can get something ($$) out of it and everything works out for all of you guys. There was never a doubt it was a good product, just very bad business practice. It's hard to do both and have a social/family life, I've been balancing that for 36 years now. Good luck to you and thanks for the update!!

XDKTC

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 4Runner
Occupation
Welder/Fabricator
Thanks for giving us some first hand info.

I hope all of you can find something close that will let you continue to fuel your passions and skills.

I have a set of Shrockworks sliders on my truck, and if you built them you do great work! :like:
Thanks , I've joined a few of the forums to offer my input on it all between the ranger/jeep/toyota crowds.

I'm still looking for something decently close job wise , over the years I moved closer and closer to shrockworks eventually buying a house a few miles away from the shop.
all the good paying gigs appear to be a good 45miles + tho lol.

Those ranger sliders took off like a bat outta hell , chances are I had a hand in it depends on how the welds look on it and i can tell you :)

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase

Mitch,

I’m really sorry you had to go through this. It certainly sucks. I watched the CEO of a small dotcom startup ride it into the dirt, leaving plenty of suppliers, customers and employees in his wake, including me.

I’ve never been a Shrockworks customer but I know of the product quality through this forum. You are clearly proud of the quality you put into the product and that’s something your next employer will appreciate. I truly hope you find the kind of work you want and that you find it soon. Skilled employees are tough to find and worth every penny they‘re paid.

I’m sure there are a lot of members on here who are glad folks like you were dedicated to making the items they bought for their trucks so great. They’ll also be grateful you popped in and offered your insights on what’s happened at the company.

These situations involve people, their families and finances, so I hope the impact to you and yours is minimal. Thanks for putting the human side of this out there. Good luck in your job search. I hope it is a very short one.
Sponsored