Shrockworks skids

themikeyan

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Lariat FX4
Woohoo, they finally shipped! I didn't order them coated, was leaning towards just rattle can painting them, but does anyone here have experience with steel-it?

Or any other recommendations on what to do to coat them? Thanks!
Sponsored

Robanno

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ford ranger
Look into Por 15. Extremely durable. Just follow there prepping instructions.
Have used it many times with greeat results. Alittle pricey but worth it. Summit usually has a good price.
Rob

OP
OP
themikeyan

themikeyan

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Lariat FX4
Look into Por 15. Extremely durable. Just follow there prepping instructions.
Have used it many times with greeat results. Alittle pricey but worth it. Summit usually has a good price.
Rob

Thanks, I'm presuming you used aerosol? Pretty easy touch up after scuffs?

Robanno

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ford ranger
No, it put on with a brush, but levels out pretty well, so very minimal if any brush stroke evidence. They sell a sample kit to try, or for small projects. Stuff goes a long but for those sliders it would probably take more than there small sample. Think it is a pint, maybe 1/2 pint not sure.
Thanks Rob

BaGMaN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
USAF Retired
Woohoo, they finally shipped! I didn't order them coated, was leaning towards just rattle can painting them, but does anyone here have experience with steel-it?

Or any other recommendations on what to do to coat them? Thanks!
Custom Coat Black Urethane Spray-On Truck Bed Liner Kit with Spray Gun with Regulator
Link

Charley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCrew XLT FX4 Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
Let us know how the install goes. This is my next big project. Nearly funded.

Maltese

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WRX & XLT Ranger
Would you say install these or the sliders first? I just got mine and need to find some time to paint it all

OP
OP
themikeyan

themikeyan

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Lariat FX4
Would you say install these or the sliders first? I just got mine and need to find some time to paint it all
I am coating mine with an all in one clear first, to see how many cans I need. In the future, if need be, i'm going to use Steel-it. Corrosion isn't as huge a concern here in CA, we don't salt, but if you drive somewhere that might salt would be best to coat them with something. or spray off immediately. I figure i have access to a lift when i change oil, so i can check for wear spots and respray or change coats then. the clear can be stripped off with mineral spirits in my case.

I should have them on monday or so

Maltese

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WRX & XLT Ranger
I'm go Por15 with the UV coat for the sliders, my buddies have had good luck with it and is easy to maintain... I'm just wondering order of operation, to see if either the sliders or the skids have holes they share or potentially interfere with. LMK how the install goes

OP
OP
themikeyan

themikeyan

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Lariat FX4
I'm go Por15 with the UV coat for the sliders, my buddies have had good luck with it and is easy to maintain... I'm just wondering order of operation, to see if either the sliders or the skids have holes they share or potentially interfere with. LMK how the install goes
oops, i misread your post, my bad. From the instructions, they don't share holes. i would say install sliders first, then the skids, but if I run into anything that makes me say to reverse that i'll let you know monday.

Mike

Pathung

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
What's that long, slender piece to the right of the photo? Also, no gas tank skid in the kit?

It all looks pretty beefy! Paint them red.
Sponsored