OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS degree. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.
We just moved here about 11 months ago after 20+ yrs in Denver. So far I've had very good luck with the local Ford dealership here.
I bought my Ranger at Brighton Ford, on Black Friday 2019 (for $10k off of it's $36k msrp).
Great deal and congratulations on finding a good dealership. My dealer here in ABQ is likewise. Bought the 2020 during the big crisis of Covid while it was still being assembled at the plant. Got 9.5% off MSRP before tax, title and license. They threw in a paint protection sealing package on top of that. With an additional $218 in FordPass rewards felt this was an excellent deal. This shortened the term of buyers remorse :). Enjoy your Ranger!

Last edited:

Espo78

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Nice :) I did this as well, but found I needed to cut one of the two parallel ranger bed perimeter lips (and also cut out parts of my Snugtop), to get the actuators to clamp securely to a lip. It's still not as secure as most other trucks with a single, taller lip to clamp to...the Ranger's are quite short.

Did you go the route of removing part of the rails, or do something else to get a secure clamp?
I had some difficulty with the lip as well. I did not cut anything. The rear 2 clamps seem ok but the front ones are only clamped on by the smallest of margins. I've monitored them and they seem to be holding up well but I have been looking into other solutions like the Builtright bed panels but I haven't tried that idea yet.

jblc

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT FX2 supercab
I had some difficulty with the lip as well. I did not cut anything. The rear 2 clamps seem ok but the front ones are only clamped on by the smallest of margins. I've monitored them and they seem to be holding up well but I have been looking into other solutions like the Builtright bed panels but I haven't tried that idea yet.
Interesting, thanks. Mainly, interesting that you didn't need to cut the plastic rail header to get the clamp to seat to metal. I would have thought it'd slip off...

Also, agreed that the back (tailgate end) are much taller and are fine. I didn't need top cut one of the metal lips for that end, although I still cut the plastic rail.

Thanks for the tip on Builtright -- very cool.

Scooter

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
------2011 Ford Ranger XL 2.3L Manual Scab
Occupation
--Machinist

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
Are cx classic with outdoorsman windows, helps a lot with grabbing stuff deep inside while camping and such. Also, I love the look of the topper. No complaints here.
I also chose the cx classic instead of the revo because the backrear view window has a lip on it hanging over the tailgate. Gives a clean snug look and a better water seal.
40CFC0C3-FCCC-4DA2-813C-9D1DA1DB4592.jpeg
759A08E6-1425-402E-B24E-0558292499BF.jpeg
E0EA2342-7159-4C6C-A75C-6B8937941FE8.jpeg

Last edited:

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
Just a quick tip for all those new camper shells, re-tighten the clamps down after a month of letting them settle/jostle around. Mine loosened up more than I would have liked and the dealer also recommended re-tightening after a month on it. Also, don't take your freshly painted camper shell into a car wash or use anything remotely abrasive on it. Needs to bake in the sun for a month or two.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
What brand bed cover is this?
What brand bed cover is this?

I would say its a Bestop

Supertop® for Truck 2 Ford 2019-2021 Ranger - Bestop | Leading Supplier of Jeep Tops & Accessories

Softopper also has one. I have had it for 8 years on my 4G Ranger. Just the rear Vinyl window's crack eventually.

Products – Softopper – Truck Tops, SUV Tops, Accessories
Scooter is correct.

I believe both offer the option of mesh or black out panel for the rear as well.

There's also the FasTop travel package. A soft topper with integrated tonneau.

RunBeerFish

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Substation Electrician
After 14 weeks of waiting finally got my ARE MX series installed!
A9F50CF6-9278-473E-8FD0-3497EF6E3A96.jpeg
Does your cap sit higher than the antenna? My antenna clears my garage door. I want a cap that will still fit in the garage. Lol.

bbenea

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Does your cap sit higher than the antenna? My antenna clears my garage door. I want a cap that will still fit in the garage. Lol.
The cap is below the height of the antenna, but not the rails. The rails are definitely higher.
Sponsored