First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Military
My Roofnest Eagle in action near Zion this past weekend. Some mixed feelings on it but generally pretty positive and it means we can wake up in places like this.

20200114_081937.jpg
Is your shark fin antenna a problem with this tent? I am looking for a delete or relocation kit so I can fit the tent I want.

Finality2020

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Military
Does anyone have a 90" Ă— 50" tent on? I want the superlight from Go Fast Campers but I don't know if the shark fin will be a problem. I can't find a kit to get rid of it or move it.

Kawffin

First Name
Marlow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Cultivation technician II
Vehicle Showcase
Smittybilt Gen2 Overlander mounted on Rhino Rack cross bars attached to Retrax tonneau cover.

I had the first generation of this tent mounted to my Jeep Wrangler. I didn't like the folding ladder, and the velcro closure for the cover. The Gen2 version corrects that with a telescoping ladder, and a zippered cover. Also has an improved rainfly.

It was available next day from 4 Wheel Parts, and was about the cheapest tent for it's size as well. With the money I saved on the tent, I bought a set of NFab Trailsliders, also from 4WP.
_75D5589.jpg
Any pics of it open ?

dtaylor526

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Hey everyone - I just joined the Ranger family with a 2019 Supercrew. I have maybe 1" in my garage, so anything with any overhang is a non-starter for me. I'm looking at the Roofnest condor and the iKamper mini. Anything else I should be considering??

Leaning toward hard top for ease of set up, mpg, and wind noise at night. We traded in a Crosstrek and had just been sleeping in the back, so ease of set up is a big thing for us.

TopoRanger

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Mechanic
tempImageZyN3hQ.jpg

Im totally loving the HD Struts and the new roof rack that I designed that mounts on the tent. 175W Solar panel mounts under the roof rack so I don't have to tie up any valuable rack space either.

Glocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2014 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like I scored an awning for my setup! I won a ground tent as part of a sweepstakes prize package and I found someone interested in trading! Hopefully it all works out!

Madesicc88

First Name
V
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Electrician
833E0E30-6931-4F83-967E-5147F8453C55.jpeg

9B076F35-6325-4761-BB23-5CBA119CB06D.jpeg

I have the Smittybuilt Overlander XL gen 2, it’s a big one but fits decent, I have it sitting about 3/4” above the shark fin, I just took off the longer antenna, I don’t use the radio, I might get a stubby one later.

egilbe

First Name
Earl
Threads
Reaction score
Somewhere between ME and AZ, depends on the season
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat with BAP, Tow and FX4
Occupation
Semi-retired, lazy bum/tramp, formerly Sys admin in a toxic work environment
Just got back from our 7700 mile trip to see the West and get my GoFast camper.

Picking up the camper at Go Fast in Bozeman
PXL_20210702_181621908.jpg

Campsite at the Selway Falls River in ID. Met a young man on a Rafting trip from Portland ME there.
PXL_20210704_132733421.jpg

Spent a night in the Charles M Russell Wildlife Refuge area in MT. Upper Missouri River Breaks. After the storm, got a chance to drive in the mud a bit.
PXL_20210708_012906084.jpg

After the storm passed. We pulled everything in and waited out the storm
PXL_20210708_021215119.jpg

Spent a night in the Black Hills National Forest, a night in the Cascades, a night in the Belt mountains in MT. I took a nap after we set up our camp and woke to a doe eating at the edge of the field we camped in. We mixed in nights camping with nights in a hotel, depending on the heat and weather. Went to the elementary school I attended in Moses Lake WA, went to Soap Lake WA, where I was born. Badlands NP and Devils Tower were some of my favorite stops in South Dakota. We had planned to drive the Lolo motorway, but a storm had blown down a bunch of trees on one end and a forest fire was started by lightning on the other end, so we contented driving down RT 12 in Idaho. Randomly stopped at a Ranger station, talked to the young woman there who mentioned she was in the National Guard in Ephrata WA. I said my brother was in a Guard unit in Ephrata when he lived there. "Wait! Whats your name? I know your brother, Mike. We served together" Small world, indeed.

It was a nice trip

myothercarizahearse

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX 4x4 w/ GFC V2, 1987 Caddy hearse
Occupation
Unretired
Just got back from our 7700 mile trip to see the West and get my GoFast camper.

Picking up the camper at Go Fast in Bozeman
PXL_20210702_181621908.jpg

Campsite at the Selway Falls River in ID. Met a young man on a Rafting trip from Portland ME there.
PXL_20210704_132733421.jpg

Spent a night in the Charles M Russell Wildlife Refuge area in MT. Upper Missouri River Breaks. After the storm, got a chance to drive in the mud a bit.
PXL_20210708_012906084.jpg

After the storm passed. We pulled everything in and waited out the storm
PXL_20210708_021215119.jpg

Spent a night in the Black Hills National Forest, a night in the Cascades, a night in the Belt mountains in MT. I took a nap after we set up our camp and woke to a doe eating at the edge of the field we camped in. We mixed in nights camping with nights in a hotel, depending on the heat and weather. Went to the elementary school I attended in Moses Lake WA, went to Soap Lake WA, where I was born. Badlands NP and Devils Tower were some of my favorite stops in South Dakota. We had planned to drive the Lolo motorway, but a storm had blown down a bunch of trees on one end and a forest fire was started by lightning on the other end, so we contented driving down RT 12 in Idaho. Randomly stopped at a Ranger station, talked to the young woman there who mentioned she was in the National Guard in Ephrata WA. I said my brother was in a Guard unit in Ephrata when he lived there. "Wait! Whats your name? I know your brother, Mike. We served together" Small world, indeed.

It was a nice trip
WOOT!!! that was a nice road trip.

i get mine July 22 428 days after initial deposit. we are going all the way to Portland and Eugene to see the kids and drop off some of their old stuff and Havre Montana to see grand kids. So excited to be done dealing with horrible GFC customer service- knocking on wood never need warranty work

halligan1201

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Emergency Management
Vehicle Showcase
Smittybilt Overlander (gen 1) on XtrusionOverland XT1 rack and Retrax knock-off tonneau cover. I need to clean the tent and then probably re-waterproof it. I picked it up used and there is some light mildew staining and smell to it, but it should clean up nicely!
2020-12-12 14.43.11.jpg

2020-12-12 14.33.15.jpg
2020-12-12 14.32.55.jpg
What height and length rack did you go with? I see that Xtrusion has us at a 48" rack for the crew cab. I am also trying to gauge how tall to go in order to have the rack as low as possible but still have the tent clear the roofline so that I can center it somewhat and avoid the dreaded 2 feet of overhang at the back.

Glocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2014 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
What height and length rack did you go with? I see that Xtrusion has us at a 48" rack for the crew cab. I am also trying to gauge how tall to go in order to have the rack as low as possible but still have the tent clear the roofline so that I can center it somewhat and avoid the dreaded 2 feet of overhang at the back.
Here are the order specs for my rack:
XTR1 Bed Rack for TacomaModel: 2005-2021 Tacoma Short
BedRack Length: 48
Rack Height: 15
Bed Rail Bracket Options: Wide Wing Brackets
Bracket Assembly Method: Pinch Back Plate
Bed Rack Finish: Black Rugged Powder Coated Extrusion and Brackets.
Excludes front to back top braces)

Mine was the first for the Ranger so it got listed as a Tacoma rack for ordering purposes. I can stand semi-comfortably behind my truck under the tent the way I have it set up to deploy over the tailgate. And the tent seems to be centered up pretty nice. But, the footprint of the tent folded fits the rack pretty well.
2021-06-04 10.45.08.jpg
Sponsored