MasiJC

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SuperCrew Lariat Sport - Magnetic
My truck is affected as well.
No symptoms currently but I will have the dealer check it when I bring it in for the 1st service.
Sponsored

washbob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Supercrew Lariat 4x4, Saber, 501A, Trailer Tow Package, Sport Appearance Package, FX4 Package, Electronic Locking Diff, Spray in bed liner & Tinted Windows
Occupation
Retired
Received my notice today via FordPass. Called dealer and soonest I can get in is January 3, 2020.

Texasota

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT, 2023 Escape PHEV
Hi Matt,

I crawled under mine for a visual inspection and didn't observe any indication of connector shell cracking..I left things undisturbed as I did not wish to destroy any "evidence"... Think all is well with my Ranger, but will submit it to the dealer when I get the notice of the recall. Paid the price of wriggling these 70 year old bones under the truck though...sigh...Wife had to apply CBD pain cream to my back...:whew:

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Phil, are you maybe embellishing just a little to get sympathy from your friends here? ;)

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Phil, are you maybe embellishing just a little to get sympathy from your friends here? ;)
Hi Al,

Not really...just grumbling about getting old...sigh!:(

u wish u could ride

First Name
robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 xlt in blue
Occupation
building maintenance
Hi Al,

Not really...just grumbling about getting old...sigh!:(
enjoy your pain brother. I know a couple of great guys who aren't here any longer to enjoy looking under their truck .and im only 58 ps I hear that Arizona dry air is good for bones lol

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
enjoy your pain brother. I know a couple of great guys who aren't here any longer to enjoy looking under their truck .and im only 58 ps I hear that Arizona dry air is good for bones lol
Hi Robert,

Short story. Arrived here in 05 from Michigan in November in our RV. We had purchased a lot with a view of the Santa Rita mountains and were awaiting our start of the build of our house. We would be in the RV for about 10 months. But new to the RV park, we decided after hooking up to walk around the park. So Margie in shorts and a thin top and flipflops and me in shorts and a racing tee shirt and sandals , we walked hand in hand down the streets only to be met by a fellow in a Jacket, muffler around his neck, long pants and a floppy hat with ear muffs. He looked at us and said..."one of us has this woefully wrong". You know...I are now him!

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retied

Texasota

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT, 2023 Escape PHEV
Hi Robert,

Short story. Arrived here in 05 from Michigan in November in our RV. We had purchased a lot with a view of the Santa Rita mountains and were awaiting our start of the build of our house. We would be in the RV for about 10 months. But new to the RV park, we decided after hooking up to walk around the park. So Margie in shorts and a thin top and flipflops and me in shorts and a racing tee shirt and sandals , we walked hand in hand down the streets only to be met by a fellow in a Jacket, muffler around his neck, long pants and a floppy hat with ear muffs. He looked at us and said..."one of us has this woefully wrong". You know...I are now him!

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retied
I’m carrying my heating pad around with me to warm up my freezing feet!

fusseli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4 White Platinum Tri-Coat
Occupation
EE
Vehicle Showcase
Passed the inspection, no repair needed.

Dealer was hesitant to do it since repair parts aren't available yet but decided to inspect anyway since they had my truck for something else.

Lunchbox88

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SuperCrew FX4
Looks like my truck is affected as well. Nothing in the mail about it yet though.

fusseli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4 White Platinum Tri-Coat
Occupation
EE
Vehicle Showcase
why that dealer would be hesitant is an odd situation.
I think it was because the recall says parts aren't ready until January. I didn't want to make another unnecessary trip to the dealer and insisted, so they inspected it

ISUACE

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Vehicle Showcase
So does your owner.ford.com/vin show as affected/repaired or something?
Not yet. They said it will be updated once the recall issue numbers are released for each specific truck and the database compiles. Obviously I'll keep bugging the local dealer until its cleared.

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
Guys, I just received the recall notice via Ford Pass. I had not noticed any problem, but then, since it can be intermittent, how would I know unless the cars behind me started honking (more than usual)? Since this is a safety issue, I will definitely take it to the dealer this weekend to have it looked at and would recommend that all members who get the notice (of the letter) do the same....

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
they only listed January because they have no stock on parts, or a limited one at least. I suspect they have dumped a supplier, and are gearing up a new one. regardless, a priority requirement can be escalated I'm sure.

if its just a simple pin pushed out, the repair is easy, push it back in.
if the backshell is damaged, then you're priority on the list for replacement parts.
if it's completely not working, you're high priority for a fix, even if it has to be rigged up differently in the mean time while you wait for proper parts.
Hi RP,

Not sure I agree with rigged up differently, unless it is a Ford authorized "rig up". Can't control the dealers and they may try something, but likely they assume the liability as Ford did not concur with the "rig up".

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired

MT19RANGER

First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Oilfield Service Company Area Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase
Guys, I just received the recall notice via Ford Pass. I had not noticed any problem, but then, since it can be intermittent, how would I know unless the cars behind me started honking (more than usual)? Since this is a safety issue, I will definitely take it to the dealer this weekend to have it looked at and would recommend that all members who get the notice (of the letter) do the same....
Owner letters are expected to be mailed the week of January 6, 2020.

Willcuts93

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Flex '19 Ranger
Occupation
Technician
I'm not insinuating they re-invent the wheel here Phil
just allowing a mechanic to do mechanic things. basic stuff they learn in the beginning of school.
Surely Ford doesn't have that control over independent dealerships and liability is pretty minimal when you follow an accepted practice to fix a wiring issue.
If two pins in a connector are buggered to the point they wont connect, you create a jumper wire that bypasses the poor junction. And next month you replace the new connector when you get it, simple and effective.
Seems like a proper customer service response...heaven forbid they tell you that you can park it in their back lot for 4 weeks and wait.
Ford will pay for the rental car so you can park it out back for a month.
Sponsored