Hounddog409

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Vehicle Showcase
No, I want the manufacturer to be competent enough to make sure that when they recall something, they don't replace a faulty component with another faulty component. The severity of the problem is irrelevant--the important thing is whether their quality control processes work well. Everything has problems, the response to problems is what distinguishes good and bad companies.
Man, someone needs to relax.

Your BP ok?
Sponsored

Glen

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger , 2019 Ford Escape
I had my blower motor replaced on a recall a couple months ago. I haven't received another recall since it was replaced. I have no signs of smoke and blower output is stronger then the original blower, my driver side floor mat starts to "Flap" up and down when the fan is on the max setting.

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
Man, someone needs to relax.

Your BP ok?
What on earth makes you think I'm not relaxed? And why do you get butthurt if someone points out incompetence? There's no up side to being a blindly loyal fanboy. I'd assume/hope that someone at ford is also asking questions about why they had to fix the same problem twice, and making process changes to ensure it doesn't happen again.

Hounddog409

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Vehicle Showcase
What on earth makes you think I'm not relaxed? And why do you get butthurt if someone points out incompetence? There's no up side to being a blindly loyal fanboy. I'd assume/hope that someone at ford is also asking questions about why they had to fix the same problem twice, and making process changes to ensure it doesn't happen again.
Butthurt? Yeah, ok. Are you 12 or something?

And 143 replies would dictate one is not relaxed.

Zanardi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Saber 4x4 Sport
I can't seem to locate the thread anywhere but I thought someone posted at one point that it's easy to check the necessary numbers on the blower motor yourself without going to the dealer? I seem to recall it is located behind the glove box and is visible?

I just looked up under my dash on the passenger side. I see all kinds of goodies but nothing that looks like the blower motor.

I just got my recall letter about a week ago. I would like to avoid the whole PITA of setting up an appointment at the dealer and such if I can. That will turn into a half day ordeal.

Even if mine is involved I'm not sure I would go through with the replacement if it involves tearing the dash apart for something that may or may not be a problem.

Thanks!

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I can't seem to locate the thread anywhere but I thought someone posted at one point that it's easy to check the necessary numbers on the blower motor yourself without going to the dealer? I seem to recall it is located behind the glove box and is visible?

I just looked up under my dash on the passenger side. I see all kinds of goodies but nothing that looks like the blower motor.

I just got my recall letter about a week ago. I would like to avoid the whole PITA of setting up an appointment at the dealer and such if I can. That will turn into a half day ordeal.

Even if mine is involved I'm not sure I would go through with the replacement if it involves tearing the dash apart for something that may or may not be a problem.

Thanks!
Hi Mike,

Get it done...otherwise you will be hounded by Ford. I inspected my taillights for that recall but had to take it to the dealer to have the recall complete box checked. Do not be foolish to "live with it"...

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retied

weasel1

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Lighting Blue FX4 w/302A
Occupation
Nuclear Operator
It's literally 5 minutes for the dealer to inspect. A tech came out to where the truck was parked, looked and we were done. I happened to be one of the fortunate few that had the recall done twice. They recalled my recall. Then a month later I get a letter in the mail. FFS. You'd think that those ticky boxes at the dealer would stop Ford from sending me a letter about something already done, but no...

Zanardi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Saber 4x4 Sport
Thanks. Since it's quick I'll probably just git 'er looked at. I was just thinking if the date code on the motor was right in front of my face I could look it up myself and maybe save a trip.
Sponsored