Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ford Ranger Lariat,MB GLK250,’21 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Retired
Kind of funny...

I bought my truck on 3/24/20 at a dealer about 50 miles away. It had been on the dealer's lot since June 2019. They never did the recall. As soon as I put it in Ford Pass I got the recall notice. Checked the tail lights, everything worked fine. I figured I'd take it to the local dealer at some point. Then various people from the dealership started calling. They ended up sending out a tech to do the inspection. He admitted that they couldn't finalize the sale with Ford until the recall was done.
I bet they did send a tech out since it’s against Federal law to sell it with an open recall. Big no-no.
Sponsored

Blue Streak

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL STX FX 2021 Honda CR V
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Curious if this recall only includes XLT and Lariats? Our truck is an XL, it has not been included in any of the recalls... which is great.
Mine is an XL with the STX package & it was on the recall list, but it passed the inspection

EcoRanger

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 301A SuperCrew 4X4 2015 Ecoboost Mustang 50 Year Appereance Package convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I still haven't received a notice in the mail anyone know how to clear the Recall notice from FordPass

JaysOnTheEDGE

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2021 Escape SEL AWD
I still haven't received a notice in the mail anyone know how to clear the Recall notice from FordPass
Notice wont clear in Ford Pass App until a dealer flags the recall as being complete, They checked mine and found nothing wrong but told me to keep an eye on the lights, and a few days late the recall noticed disappeared from the app.

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger SCab,'16 Connect,'95 MustangGT,'50 Ford
Notice wont clear in Ford Pass App until a dealer flags the recall as being complete, They checked mine and found nothing wrong but told me to keep an eye on the lights, and a few days late the recall noticed disappeared from the app.
I took mine in for the bogus recall, talked to the tech who did the job, inspected the plug where the factory tape was removed, spent 8 hours to get 15minutes work done.
The Service manager failed to document the job, and the next day demanded that I bring it back to start the fiasco all over again. He refuses to clear the recall until I do.
I don't want my wiring opened up a second time for no reason, but I am annoyed by the recall notice on my FordPass.
FordPass is cute and all, but maybe I'll just cancel it.

I know they won't let up, because I had an open recall(cruise fuse) on my last Ranger for 16 years, and still have an open recall (hood delam) on my 1995 Mustang. Paper notices are easier to ignore.

Rviator

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A 2019 Ford Ranger of course, and a 2015 Yamaha YZF-R3
Occupation
retired aerospace engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I took mine in this last Monday. Arrived at 8:30 was okayed and out by 9:30. As a side note I've never seen the service lane so empty. Everybody was wearing masks.

EcoRanger

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 301A SuperCrew 4X4 2015 Ecoboost Mustang 50 Year Appereance Package convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I finally got my recall notice today in the mail 7-25-20

rang19ca

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 2020 Escape AWD Hybrid
Occupation
Retired Diesel Mechanic
I got my second notice for the recall today. I will ignore it just like the first one because they are working perfectly. I will not have some dealer clown, tear mine apart just to tell me that there is no issue. I already know that there is no issue.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I got my second notice for the recall today. I will ignore it just like the first one because they are working perfectly. I will not have some dealer clown, tear mine apart just to tell me that there is no issue. I already know that there is no issue.
Same here but I received mine yesterday. So far mines working perfect and nothings caught on fire yet. ? Plus with Covid now very high here in AZ the last thing I want is some stranger in my truck. Maybe when I get my free oil change in the fall I'll have them check it out.
Sponsored