Compliance Recall 19S23 - Select 2019 MY SuperCab Rangers, Right-Front Seat Belt Assembly Issue

Jedadiah

First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 XLT SuperCrew 4x2. Former '21 SuperCab Owner
is this the same exact location for ranger tho? the video is for an f150. my 2021 supercab looks good on both sides AND my vin shows up as part of the recall. i am wondering if some got it right and some didn't inside that vin range?
It's the video linked from the QR code I received with the recall notice from Ford on my Ranger. Different vehicle, but yanking on your seatbelt like she does will 100% show if your truck has the issue.

Edit: Scan the QR code in the quote in the post above this one. It'll open the video I linked. WTH couldn't Ford mock up a Ranger for the video? I got nothing.
Sponsored

Rocketeer61

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Checked mine and it was assembled correctly; however, the recall notice says that a Ford trained technician MUST inspect the belt to reach the same conclusion. Good thing I have nothing else to do but sit at the dealer while my truck disappears into the shop.

silverflash

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ranger XL loaded
Occupation
stuff
wouldn't you be good if you passed the bend test?

Tom_C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCab FX4
Occupation
System Admin
wouldn't you be good if you passed the bend test?
Probably. If you look closely at the belt connection you can see the metal inside the assembly. I'm not going out of my way to take mine in. The next time it's in the shop for something they can check it then, but I'm not doing a special trip. Same for the car seat thing... I won't be using car seats so I don't care.

silverflash

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ranger XL loaded
Occupation
stuff
Probably. If you look closely at the belt connection you can see the metal inside the assembly. I'm not going out of my way to take mine in. The next time it's in the shop for something they can check it then, but I'm not doing a special trip. Same for the car seat thing... I won't be using car seats so I don't care.
yeah, mine passed the bend test and i believe i see the belt routed properly. did the pull test best i could in the garage on pass side and it passed, same as drivers. i need my truck and can't be without it for weeks waiting on parts. thankfully it looks like my 2021 bought in june is fine.

Alpharettark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT, 2018 Focus ST, 1999 Boxster, 1987 944 Racecar
Based on my experience yanking with 10lbs of force will pull it out if it’s defective. It’s not “misrouted” as recall states. It was never put together.
Sponsored