Compliance Recall 19S34 - Select 2019 MY Ranger Vehicles HVAC Blower Motor Issue

quirkybar8

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger 2WD XLT
and according to the data base only about 1500 vehicles total.
According to the NHTSA recall site, the Potential Number of Units Affected is 17,965. I haven't looked into whether my week old truck with a 9/2019 build date is one of them. If the dealer did a hold and repair, it's not showing up in the truck's service history. I wonder if any of those records do for that matter. https://www.nhtsa.gov/vehicle/2019/FORD/RANGER/PU%252FEC/4x2#recalls also has the 7 related documents for d/l.
Sponsored

OP
OP
weasel1

weasel1

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Lighting Blue FX4 w/302A
Occupation
Nuclear Operator
According to the NHTSA recall site, the Potential Number of Units Affected is 17,965. I haven't looked into whether my week old truck with a 9/2019 build date is one of them. If the dealer did a hold and repair, it's not showing up in the truck's service history. I wonder if any of those records do for that matter. https://www.nhtsa.gov/vehicle/2019/FORD/RANGER/PU%252FEC/4x2#recalls also has the 7 related documents for d/l.
The number Ranger Pride is referring to is most likely Canadian numbers. Your truck should be affected. I have the same build date and mine was.

Scottopia

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger Lariat FX4, '11 GMC Acadia, '03 HD VRod
Occupation
Grand Sovereign Monarch of Scottopia
Vehicle Showcase
So, I just hit 1800 miles, and do have an occasional hot rubber smell. I had assumed it was just part of the break in period but now I wonder. Have checked the recalls for my Vin and only have the Tails. Any thoughts on if this is the normal break in or a potential Blower issue?

quirkybar8

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger 2WD XLT
The number Ranger Pride is referring to is most likely Canadian numbers. Your truck should be affected. I have the same build date and mine was.
I saw that after you pointed it out, meaning we were both wrong. Total number is 17,965 + 1,544 since they all come from MAP.

Funny thing, OASIS confirmed the build date on my truck as 9/20 and the dealer claims to have done nothing other than PDI, yet the blower motor date code is 190926. As far as the melting crayon/plastic army man smell, I noticed it a couple of times on the truck's shakedown cruise but haven't since. Not that I have any reason to know what melting plastic army men might smell like since I never set stuff on fire as a kid.
Sponsored