First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat FX4, Blackout, Tow
Occupation
Paramedic
I turn off my ACC too. Works fine, I just don’t like it.
OMG! I love my ACC. I used to think it was just a Ford money grab and would have never taken a vehicle with it. The Ranger I got (Lariat) was the only truck around so I took it. I'll never go back. It was a game changer for me.

20220720_162305.jpg

Brett Fields

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat FX4, Blackout, Tow
Occupation
Paramedic
Btw, am I the only one who felt claustrophobic in that truck?

OP
OP
got3fords

got3fords

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Sport
Btw, am I the only one who felt claustrophobic in that truck?
Well, I had to cram into the passenger seat, while another full-sized adult sat behind me with the suicide door. So yeah!

Dereku

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Project Manager
I always remember when my father in law got a brand new taco in 2012 and asked if my f150 got 14mpg. I laughed and said I hit 21 on road trips why what do you get. After a small pause he said 17-18.

It might be reliable but American auto manufacturers can make a solid full size pickup. Now if we had the hilux in America with the diesel all bets are off. I would take one of those.

MountainGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
I bought a Tacoma after I sold my 99 Ranger. Worst truck I ever owned. Yes it was dogshit slow, transmission lugged the engine in last gear even at 20mph, still got terrible mileage and the tailgate was hollowed out to the point some people would dent theirs just standing on it. It said in the manual it's not a load bearing structure and that you are supposed to REMOVE IT to load up stuff like a motorcycle. Ridiculous.

Another thing was the driver side A-pillar is a mile wide and has a giant grab handle on it. So every time you hit a left curve you can't see shit. That truck sucked! Taco fanboys are mentally ill they can have their resale value cause I sold that truck in 6 months!

puckdodger

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Lariat 2020 SOLD Black Cadillac XT5
I have pretty much removed tacos and Japanese cars in general from my field of vision. I don't care if these suckers want to buy them by the dozen and if they run for a million miles, I think they are ugly. And if I don't want to keep looking back at my vehicle when I'm walking away I bought the wrong one.

Squatchranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ranger lariat
Vehicle Showcase
OMG! I love my ACC. I used to think it was just a Ford money grab and would have never taken a vehicle with it. The Ranger I got (Lariat) was the only truck around so I took it. I'll never go back. It was a game changer for me.

20220720_162305.jpg
Oh man I really wish I hadnt seen that bumper setup, you are gonna get me spending more money lmao I definitely dont want you to post the link to it ?

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Oh man I really wish I hadnt seen that bumper setup, you are gonna get me spending more money lmao I definitely dont want you to post the link to it ?
Maybe you don't, but I do!!

Post it up!

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
In my area, the Shenandoah Valley area of Virginia, I don't see too many newer Rangers....lots and lots of the gen 3 and 4 running around, and lots of Toyo's, especially the newer Tacoma's.
I'm not one for stop light punching, but occasionally when I'm at a light and a newer Tacoma is next to me, I notice "the look". I will generally let him take off first, wait a few seconds and than catch up and blast pass him...just seems like the right thing to do.
And, in all my years of driving and owning many many many vehicles, I have never driven a Toyo or Nissan truck.....no reason other than neither has ever "tripped my trigger".

Squatchranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ranger lariat
Vehicle Showcase
I turn off my ACC too. Works fine, I just don’t like it.
Yeah it can be frustrating with stupid drivers and traffic, I sometimes use it almost as like 1 pedal driving cause u can use the gas to override it and when u let off acc takes over again so if I want to get closer to pass or whatever or gently remind someone they are a dumbass and shouldn't be driving 5 under in the left lane I can its fairly seamless, got the idea after driving our mach e with true 1 pedal

OP
OP
got3fords

got3fords

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Sport
Another thing was the driver side A-pillar is a mile wide and has a giant grab handle on it. So every time you hit a left curve you can't see shit. That truck sucked! Taco fanboys are mentally ill they can have their resale value cause I sold that truck in 6 months!
The Taco I rode in didn't have a driver side A-pillar handle.
Sponsored