Rode in a new Taco, not impressed

got3fords

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Sport
Rode in a friend's 2022 Taco Saturday. It was meh at best. The seats were too cushy. The center display was just weird. He complained about the adaptive cruise control saying he always turns it off. And when he got on the throttle there was a lot of noise but little acceleration. I seriously doubt he even considered a Ranger. One step on the throttle could have changed his mind.
Sponsored

Bob902

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
RETIRED!!!!
Rode in a friend's 2022 Taco Saturday. It was meh at best. The seats were too cushy. The center display was just weird. He complained about the adaptive cruise control saying he always turns it off. And when he got on the throttle there was a lot of noise but little acceleration. I seriously doubt he even considered a Ranger. One step on the throttle could have changed his mind.
But, but, but it's a taco. It has to be the best?

NotBudule

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
So were you polite or did you call him out on his horrible decision ? ? j/k. is see lots that look good and I would drive , if forced to , but under protest..

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
I just got back from an 800+ mile roadtrip.

To hear the Tacoma fans, anything other than a Taco is going to be unreliable, especially anything EcoBoost.

So, with Ford having put literally multiple millions of ecoboost powered vehicles on the roads in the last decade, the highways should obviously be littered with their decrepit husks.

I decided to count dead ecoboosts I encountered.

Ummmm, Zero.

I did see a newer Tundra on the side of the road, but I suspect it probably ran out of gas because it looked pretty nice.

Last edited:

Bob902

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
RETIRED!!!!

To hear the Tacoma fans, anything other than a Taco is going to be unreliable, especially anything EcoBoost.

So, with Ford having put literally multiple millions of ecoboost powered veehicles on the roads in the last decade, the highways should obviously be littered with their decrepit husks.

Ummmm, Zero.

I did see a newer Tundra on the side of the road, but I suspect it probably ran out of gas because it looked pretty nice.
Tundra probably saw a reflection of its ugly front end and caused it to lock up on the spot.

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Tundra probably saw a reflection of its ugly front end and caused it to lock up on the spot.
It wasn't the new Nightmare Fuel edition.

It was the one where they actually looked decent.

VegasRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 STX Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Damper Salesman
I had a 2020 Tacoma and hated it. Slow, a lot of road noise, crap ride quality.

Recently my buddy and I went to the desert to go shoot and he drove his 2019 Tacoma. Halfway there we switched seats so I can drive because he needed make a work call. MAN was that thing SLOW. We were going uphill and that thing struggled. Reminded me of why I got rid of my Taco. I will say though, he's beat the crap out of that truck and he's had no issues.

OP
OP
got3fords

got3fords

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Sport
So were you polite or did you call him out on his horrible decision ? ? j/k. is see lots that look good and I would drive , if forced to , but under protest..
I was very polite. I was just along for the ride.

Stevedbvik1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Tremor XLT
Occupation
Retired
Are

So, with Ford having put literally multiple millions of ecoboost powered veehicles on the roads in the last decade, the highways should obviously be littered with their decrepit husks.

Ummmm, Zero.

Aren’t the new Tundra’s technically a “ecoboost” now? Probably had the faulty turbo actuator syndrome they’re know to have.

OP
OP
got3fords

got3fords

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Sport
I had a 2020 Tacoma and hated it. Slow, a lot of road noise, crap ride quality.
The ride quality sucked also, it was quite bouncy. But then again my Ranger was too until I got the Eibach's.

VegasRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 STX Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Damper Salesman
Are
Aren’t the new Tundra’s technically a “ecoboost” now? Probably had the faulty turbo actuator syndrome they’re know to have.
Yup, they started having issues with the new Tundra shortly after it was released

Squatchranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ranger lariat
Vehicle Showcase
Are
Ecoboost is a ford thing they are turbo'd tho at least some trims, its like they copy ford but are a few years late and make it worse. So basically toyota is the car version of china and russia with military tech

Squatchranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ranger lariat
Vehicle Showcase
The ride quality sucked also, it was quite bouncy. But then again my Ranger was too until I got the Eibach's.
Yeah being honest that is one thing we cant really talk with either lol having ridden in both and after months of intense therapy from being inside of one of those abominations the rangers ride is slightly better stock but not by much
Sponsored