First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
Does anyone have installed the N-fab rtk rails? Im looking for the single bar look. Its between the RTK and the rocky road sliders.
RTK? Do you mean RKR?

N-Fab makes Step Systems for our Rangers. They don't make sliders.

What's the difference? Sliders bolt to the frame and are strong enough to protect the cab and bed in the event a foreign object.. such as a "rock" (more like a boulder) comes into contact with the slider.

If the "rock" contacts a step it will just mash the step up into the cab and/or bed.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Bthomas5456

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
RTK? Do you mean RKR?

N-Fab makes Step Systems for our Rangers. They don't make sliders.

What's the difference? Sliders bolt to the frame and are strong enough to protect the cab and bed in the event a foreign object.. such as a "rock" (more like a boulder) comes into contact with the slider.

If the "rock" contacts a step it will just mash the step up into the cab and/or bed.
Yeah the RKR. I was just wondering if anyone has them installed. They are so similar im wondering if the extra $$ for the rockys are worth it. The nfabs have very few pictures online.

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired

Wasatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Supercab
Hi all,

As a long time Toyota guy who recently converted to a new ranger, why no weld on options?

So far, I'm pretty disappointed by the current offerings, and don't feel they will hold up long term.

RR requires drilling self tapping bolts into the frame, and the Shrockworks only has 2 legs per side for support.

I've had both, bolt on and weld, I've found that the weld-on offers a much cleaner, stronger, and easy to maintain application. Bolt on (in our specific scenario), relied on small frame holes, or oversized self-tapping screws.

Measuring out a 2020 Supercab, I've realized that a 78'' slider would be a perfect fit:

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/tgi-120003-1-kit

Coming from owning 4 Toyota trucks, Trail-Gear is the standard, and can really take a lot of abuse.

Has anyone considered this avenue?

At a price of around $300.00 for the kit, any competent fabricator would be happy to weld those up, and keep your overall cost under the $600-$1000 for the "bolt-on" kits.

Cheers.

jerrywin

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Sport supercrew
Hi all,

As a long time Toyota guy who recently converted to a new ranger, why no weld on options?

So far, I'm pretty disappointed by the current offerings, and don't feel they will hold up long term.

RR requires drilling self tapping bolts into the frame, and the Shrockworks only has 2 legs per side for support.

I've had both, bolt on and weld, I've found that the weld-on offers a much cleaner, stronger, and easy to maintain application. Bolt on (in our specific scenario), relied on small frame holes, or oversized self-tapping screws.

Measuring out a 2020 Supercab, I've realized that a 78'' slider would be a perfect fit:

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/tgi-120003-1-kit

Coming from owning 4 Toyota trucks, Trail-Gear is the standard, and can really take a lot of abuse.

Has anyone considered this avenue?

At a price of around $300.00 for the kit, any competent fabricator would be happy to weld those up, and keep your overall cost under the $600-$1000 for the "bolt-on" kits.

Cheers.
just a note .... RR bolts directly to the frame only. They do require drilling 12 holes tho.

jerrywin

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just thinking out loud as I waffle between Shrockworks and RR sliders.
It looks like the RR attachment plate sits "within" the frame - not reaching to the top and/or bottom. I would be concerned that a fairly direct side bump (like sliding in ice/snow and hitting a post) could push those into the frame.. Shrockworks seem to span the whole frame, and would seem to handle this kind of situation better.
I posted this in the RR slider thread. Forgot I was following this more general thread.
Also reached out to a couple of local fab places: Hefty Fab and Armorology. Hefty had a quick reply and said they were going to start doing some Ranger stuff "soon". Armorology has yet to reply.

More on my thinking out loud:
I like the solid diamond plate of the RR sliders, and would not mind having a kicker. Their attachment is an issue with the above noted size, and having to drill 12 new holes.
Shrockworks cost a bit less (even with higher shipping cost). They have a simpler, but sturdy looking attachement. I would prefer a solid plate on top though. (to help deflect rocks on gravel roads).

thanks for bearing with my mind wanderings ...

Mustang2Ranger

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Lariat-FX4,4X4,White Platinum; 06 Escape
I posted this in the RR slider thread. Forgot I was following this more general thread.
Also reached out to a couple of local fab places: Hefty Fab and Armorology. Hefty had a quick reply and said they were going to start doing some Ranger stuff "soon". Armorology has yet to reply.

More on my thinking out loud:
I like the solid diamond plate of the RR sliders, and would not mind having a kicker. Their attachment is an issue with the above noted size, and having to drill 12 new holes.
Shrockworks cost a bit less (even with higher shipping cost). They have a simpler, but sturdy looking attachement. I would prefer a solid plate on top though. (to help deflect rocks on gravel roads).

thanks for bearing with my mind wanderings ...
check out White Knuckle

Devjones2236

First Name
Devon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger w/2inch level kit and Fox Shocks with Nitto Ridge Grapplers 265/70/17r
Occupation
Behavioral Health
Vehicle Showcase
@HenryMac - I bought the White Knuckle rock sliders. I got the DOM angled up versions instead of straight out versions. When I checked with White Knuckle, they informed me that getting the straight out would cause a 1inch reduction in clearance. That is one reason I went with angled.

I am wondering if the angled versus straight out clearance difference has anything to do with how they are installed. I should have mine installed mid July.

Got a nice dent in my side panel yesterday from off roading And I’m certain the rock sliders would have helped prevent it. Nothing that can’t be fixed but definitely glad I got some coming and believe either shop’s options in this thread would have helped prevent it.

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
@HenryMac - I bought the White Knuckle rock sliders. I got the DOM angled up versions instead of straight out versions. When I checked with White Knuckle, they informed me that getting the straight out would cause a 1inch reduction in clearance. That is one reason I went with angled.

I am wondering if the angled versus straight out clearance difference has anything to do with how they are installed. I should have mine installed mid July.

Got a nice dent in my side panel yesterday from off roading And I’m certain the rock sliders would have helped prevent it. Nothing that can’t be fixed but definitely glad I got some coming and believe either shop’s options in this thread would have helped prevent it.
Please post up some photo's once you get them installed!

jerrywin

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Been looking to get these ... any deals at the moment, or is it just website price?

20200621_162514.jpg
been looking for discounts too ... but alas, went wtih the website price. Got some traveling this fall that I would like to have them for.
Sponsored