Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
Looking around for rock sliders and ran across these:

https://www.americantrucks.com/tjm-ranger-rock-sliders-735strsa22m.html

which look really sweet. I'm a big fan of how much they angle up and protect the sides.

Anybody have any experience with these?
Something to keep in mind.

The tightly tucked sliders are good and bad.

Our Shrockworks sliders are tight and in the winter, they accumulate ice and when it starts to build up it actually hammers against the body of the truck. Since the rock sliders mount to the frame... and not the body... the body flexes and moves independent of the sliders.

Same thing can happen with small rocks trapped between the slider and body.

YMMV

001.JPG
002.JPG
004.JPG
001.JPG
Sponsored

Colo_Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Looking around for rock sliders and ran across these:

https://www.americantrucks.com/tjm-ranger-rock-sliders-735strsa22m.html

which look really sweet. I'm a big fan of how much they angle up and protect the sides.

Anybody have any experience with these?
TJM has been trying to break into the US market for awhile but haven’t really made progress. I believe those are body mounted, which is not good for hard use. Any impact is translated to the body and can cause issues. If you’re looking at using them as sliders, make sure they’re frame mounted.

ReigleCM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
NASA Geospatial Analyst
TJM has been trying to break into the US market for awhile but haven’t really made progress. I believe those are body mounted, which is not good for hard use. Any impact is translated to the body and can cause issues. If you’re looking at using them as sliders, make sure they’re frame mounted.
The TJM ones are frame-mounted, but when I tried sourcing them, I was told they aren't actually available for sale in the US yet...

But 2x on frame-mounted, it's pretty much a non-point, if you get sliders they need to be frame mounted, if they are body mounted they're pretty much only good as side steps.

Colo_Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
The TJM ones are frame-mounted, but when I tried sourcing them, I was told they aren't actually available for sale in the US yet...

But 2x on frame-mounted, it's pretty much a non-point, if you get sliders they need to be frame mounted, if they are body mounted they're pretty much only good as side steps.
I tried to buy their front and rear bumpers, but got the same answer. They have a site, they have a sales team, but they have no product to sell us. Sad because they're a staple in Aus.

Noface

First Name
Jes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Occupation
Nerd
Heads up.. white knuckle sliders driver side front mount conflict with the RCI transfer plate. Needs a bit of cutting to make work.
EDD2CCC2-A1F7-46FB-9207-1185B4B9E51A.jpeg

NvrFinished

First Name
Shea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT 4x4 Rapid Red
Heads up.. white knuckle sliders driver side front mount conflict with the RCI transfer plate. Needs a bit of cutting to make work.
EDD2CCC2-A1F7-46FB-9207-1185B4B9E51A.jpeg
Do you have a pic of the sliders mounted? Do they stick out very far? I'm debating between these and Rocky Road. I was leaning towards Rock Road since they tend to angle up farther for more clearance and don't stick out as far. However, they require that multiple holes be drilled for installation and I like the easy installation process of the White Knuckle sliders with the backing plates.

HippoTrucker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Carbonized Gray Ranger Tremor
Do you have a pic of the sliders mounted? Do they stick out very far? I'm debating between these and Rocky Road. I was leaning towards Rock Road since they tend to angle up farther for more clearance and don't stick out as far. However, they require that multiple holes be drilled for installation and I like the easy installation process of the White Knuckle sliders with the backing plates.
Have you looked at https://hotmetalfab.com/products/2019-ford-ranger-rock-sliders ?

I like the way they mount better than the White Knuckle and they don't require as many holes as the Rocky Road. Only issue is they're not powder coated, but raptor liner may be better anyway as it's easy to touch up.

NvrFinished

First Name
Shea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT 4x4 Rapid Red
Have you looked at https://hotmetalfab.com/products/2019-ford-ranger-rock-sliders ?

I like the way they mount better than the White Knuckle and they don't require as many holes as the Rocky Road. Only issue is they're not powder coated, but raptor liner may be better anyway as it's easy to touch up.
Thanks. Yes, I've seen those, but I have a SCAB and they don't have that version available yet. They seem to stick out farther than Rocky Road sliders, but it's not a total deal breaker. I don't mind painting them myself either. I was going to opt for the bare metal from White Knuckle if I purchased those.

Mustang2Ranger

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Lariat-FX4,4X4,White Platinum; 06 Escape
The white knuckle can be ordered angled up

Mine I ordered straight out, even then if you were to drop a plumb from the door handle it wouldn't touch

Can also be ordered with or without finish. Mine are powder coated and holding up well, scrapes are on the bottom anyways

Noface

First Name
Jes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Occupation
Nerd
I ordered mine angled as I wanted them fairly flush with the cab. They barely stick out enough to use as a step. I’d suggest putting grip tape on the top if you actually need to use them as a step.

A989641A-55E3-4DDD-A1B1-4885CBAEF56C.jpeg

NvrFinished

First Name
Shea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT 4x4 Rapid Red
I ordered mine angled as I wanted them fairly flush with the cab. They barely stick out enough to use as a step. I’d suggest putting grip tape on the top if you actually need to use them as a step.

A989641A-55E3-4DDD-A1B1-4885CBAEF56C.jpeg
Thanks much for the pic. It shows exactly what I wanted to see. They don't appear to stick out as much as they looked on their site. That is the fit I like.
Sponsored