Rock Sliders

Maltese

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WRX & XLT Ranger
Basically I'm, going to pull out the angle grinder and pull off the point that is standing tall, but it is just frustrating to put this much effort into them. I chose to paint em myself due to the ease of repair vs powder coat, and It just feels like a lot more hours of work to go
Sponsored

Maltese

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WRX & XLT Ranger
Actually, gotta change my stance here by a lot. I don't think Shrockworks responds to email well, but their phone support is solid. Just got off the phone and it looks like they'll have a fix for me in a bit.

Mustang2Ranger

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Lariat-FX4,4X4,White Platinum; 06 Escape
I've tested my White Knucke sliders with the high lift jack and no flex

Maybe because each slider mounts at three points and the way each one is mounted

Kawffin

First Name
Marlow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Cultivation technician II
Vehicle Showcase
I'm a little bummed with shrock right now, contacted their support 2 weeks ago and still haven't got an answer back... I bought these to protect my rig off-road and have additional jack points with my high lift. Install went smoothly, but when I tested out the high lift, the sliders flex and then hit the cab, a real pointy spot on the dimple plate option I selected dented my cab, so I'm not sure I'm totally sold on the design or Shrock's after care.
Wow! I also got these to use as a high lift jack point. This makes me nervous.

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
I'm a little bummed with shrock right now, contacted their support 2 weeks ago and still haven't got an answer back... I bought these to protect my rig off-road and have additional jack points with my high lift. Install went smoothly, but when I tested out the high lift, the sliders flex and then hit the cab, a real pointy spot on the dimple plate option I selected dented my cab, so I'm not sure I'm totally sold on the design or Shrock's after care.
I ran some FEA to determine deflection back in January 2020. Under load pretty much everything deflects... it's just a matter of how much. Here's a LINK. Where did you lift on the slider at?

There are 2 issues at play here.

1.0 The frames on todays trucks are very thin compared to back lets say 10 or 15 years ago.... and that's by design. Frame flex is the bulk of the deflection issue.

2.0 The other issue is the dimpled plates are crazy close to the rockers. I posted early in the year how ice buildup between the sliders and the truck creates a banging noise... since the cab being rubber mounted moves independent of the frame. Here's a LINK

If you are wanting to jack the truck up by the sliders..... don't buy the dimpled plates.

Maltese

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WRX & XLT Ranger
I ran some FEA to determine deflection back in January 2020. Under load pretty much everything deflects... it's just a matter of how much. Here's a LINK. Where did you lift on the slider at?

There are 2 issues at play here.

1.0 The frames on todays trucks are very thin compared to back lets say 10 or 15 years ago.... and that's by design. Frame flex is the bulk of the deflection issue.

2.0 The other issue is the dimpled plates are crazy close to the rockers. I posted early in the year how ice buildup between the sliders and the truck creates a banging noise... since the cab being rubber mounted moves independent of the frame. Here's a LINK

If you are wanting to jack the truck up by the sliders..... don't buy the dimpled plates.

I think there is some issues with the angle of the bars. The dimple plate adds stiffnees and protects the truck from splashes. Shrockworks agreed there is a problem with mine and is providing a fix in a new set of sliders. They are responsive on the phone and understand these are meant for hard use :D

Sandman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Screw FX4
I think there is some issues with the angle of the bars. The dimple plate adds stiffnees and protects the truck from splashes. Shrockworks agreed there is a problem with mine and is providing a fix in a new set of sliders. They are responsive on the phone and understand these are meant for hard use :D
Upon further inspection my body does have a dent from where they've hit it in the same location you're talking about.

Kawffin

First Name
Marlow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Well dang, I ordered the ones with the dimples !
Do you think the new angled sliders from shrockworks will prevent it from flexing into your truck in the future?@maltese

Last edited:

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
Do you think the new angled sliders from shrockworks will prevent it from flexing into your truck in the future?@maltese
No Dimples...... no problems.

Sandman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do you think the angle will prevent it from flexing into your truck in the future?
I just did a little experiment and if you jack it up from the center of the slider it doesnt flex hardly at all but the closer you get to the ends it starts to flex more.

Sandman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Curious: Did you jack up on the round tube, or the square tube?

And that real world test verifies the FEA. Deflection lifting at the end of the slider is about 3/16" lifting 1,200 lbs. Deflection lifting in center is less than 1/8" lifting 2,400 lbs.

Lifting between the supports is the best method.... which of course makes sense.

I'm still curious what location on the slider that @Andy was lifting on?

2400 LBS BEWTEEN 2 INCH SUPPORT TUBES - LOAD LOCATION.JPG
Round tube. My hi lift cant reach the square tube or I would definitely lift from there.

jerrywin

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Sport supercrew
I'm going to send Shrockworks some pics - after seeing the latest thoughts in this thread, I inspected the install a little more carefully. Found driver front end to be only an eighth of an inch from the pinch-weld. I don't think that will do the trick with all this flexing y'all are talking about.
1597191422736.png

kinda concerned about the space midway too:
1597191472215.png

on the passenger side, I can slip my fingers in there a bit - not on driver side tho.

Kawffin

First Name
Marlow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I'm going to send Shrockworks some pics - after seeing the latest thoughts in this thread, I inspected the install a little more carefully. Found driver front end to be only an eighth of an inch from the pinch-weld. I don't think that will do the trick with all this flexing y'all are talking about.
1597191422736.png

1597191472215.png

on the passenger side, I can slip my fingers in there a bit - not on driver side tho.
Very interested in what they have to say.
, please report back.

Sandman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1597191422736.png

1597191472215.png

Yeah. Definitely post what they say. Mine have made contact with that pinch weld but barely.

RoadBoss

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TJAoutfitters.com
Vehicle(s)
95 Isuzu trooper, AE86 corolla, 19 ranger XL
Occupation
video/film, small business owner

weird, on mine the longitudinal square tube sits out past the body pinch weld. the only part close to the pinch weld is the two short extension tubes, and they're about 1/4" down front the pinch weld and show no signs of contact.
Sponsored