Rock Sliders

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
That’s what I was hoping. I must have the alignment wrong on the passenger side then. I’m putting the 5” bolts in one end and the other is off. I’ll have to try again tomorrow.
There are a few different holes. I think the easiest one to line up on that side is the bottom rear, but none are as exact as the driver side front so it might take some wiggling back and forth.
Sponsored

Sascha

First Name
Sascha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger 4x4 xlt
Does anyone know of a company that ships the sliders pretty quick? Shockworks says 3 weeks Rocky mountain said 6. My pregnant wife wants a step sooner rather then later and if I'm getting a step it'll be a slider for sure.
Thanks

themikeyan

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Lariat FX4
Does anyone know of a company that ships the sliders pretty quick? Shockworks says 3 weeks Rocky mountain said 6. My pregnant wife wants a step sooner rather then later and if I'm getting a step it'll be a slider for sure.
Thanks
I just saw this, message Rogue Offroad on facebook, i believe they said they had one left in stock.

Mike

jerrywin

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Sport supercrew
If you got the Shrockworks., what was your shipping cost?

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired

Mustang2Ranger

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Lariat-FX4,4X4,White Platinum; 06 Escape
For everyone who hasn't bought Rock Sliders yet, you may want to check out White Knuckle Offroad

They now have Sliders available, and I ended up purchasing. I also have seen their work first hand, which was very high quality. They are a local shop (to me) out of Apple Valley, CA. I am not affiliated in any way with WK

Below is my comparison if it helps anyone, save some time. It is tailored/configured to what I wanted which was a kickout, no drilling, and full plating on top. The info was verified by calling the business or from their websites

1589903322069.png

Maltese

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WRX & XLT Ranger
Thanks for compiling the options! One note, I'd probably drop the ADD option from the list, last i checked they mounted to the cab and are just glorified side steps instead of real frame sliders.

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
For everyone who hasn't bought Rock Sliders yet, you may want to check out White Knuckle Offroad

They now have Sliders available, and I ended up purchasing. I also have seen their work first hand, which was very high quality. They are a local shop (to me) out of Apple Valley, CA. I am not affiliated in any way with WK

Below is my comparison if it helps anyone, save some time. It is tailored/configured to what I wanted which was a kickout, no drilling, and full plating on top. The info was verified by calling the business or from their websites

1589903322069.png
Link to: White Knuckle Offroad

It appears they don't make sliders for Super Cabs?

Shrockworks are less expensive and their quality is outstanding. They also have a textured finish available.

Wondering why you would pay the higher prices? Was the deciding factor for you the kick-out?

Please post up some close up photo's when the arrive. Looking forward to seeing fit, finish.

View attachment 42327

View attachment 42328

Last edited:

Maltese

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WRX & XLT Ranger
White Knuckle Offroad

It appears they don't make sliders for Super Cabs.

Shrockworks are less expensive and their quality is outstanding. They also have a textured finish available.

Wondering why you would pay the higher prices?
There is something about supporting a local fabricator and building a relationship. I was trying to do this with a local know Toyota fabricator due to their reputation and ability, but there wasn't the interest. Also from looking at White Knuckle, they've got a ton of customization options, which might be right for the buyer.

If this was a thing/I knew about it back when I orderd my SW, it would have been a consideration

Mustang2Ranger

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for compiling the options! One note, I'd probably drop the ADD option from the list, last i checked they mounted to the cab and are just glorified side steps instead of real frame sliders.
Yea agree that one is missing all info, couldn't get a hold of them

White Knuckle Offroad

It appears they don't make sliders for Super Cabs?

Wondering why you would pay the higher prices? Was the deciding factor for you the kick-out?
Not at this time for super cab, you may want to reach out to see if they will prototype yours :)

Shrockworks was my first option actually. On the comparison for the sliders I forgot to mention it was given there was a textured finish applied and accounted for in the price. WK has textured finish available

WK mounts with three points, Shrockworks two I believe. The outer tube on WK I opted for DOM tubing (extra). Also, the full diamond plate top was extra, wanted to be able to step anywhere without my foot going through and for protection from things getting flung up from the road. For the kick out, I liked the idea that it could edge the body away from rocks to keep the tire from getting stuck in some situations, but mostly because I wanted a bed step, I am always climbing on the tire or reaching in for my gear when camping or off roading

I ordered a week ago and they said 6-8 weeks, will post detailed pics when mounted

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
Yea agree that one is missing all info, couldn't get a hold of them

Not at this time for super cab, you may want to reach out to see if they will prototype yours :)

Shrockworks was my first option actually. On the comparison for the sliders I forgot to mention it was given there was a textured finish applied and accounted for in the price. WK has textured finish available

WK mounts with three points, Shrockworks two I believe. The outer tube on WK I opted for DOM tubing (extra). Also, the full diamond plate top was extra, wanted to be able to step anywhere without my foot going through and for protection from things getting flung up from the road. For the kick out, I liked the idea that it could edge the body away from rocks to keep the tire from getting stuck in some situations, but mostly because I wanted a bed step, I am always climbing on the tire or reaching in for my gear when camping or off roading

I ordered a week ago and they said 6-8 weeks, will post detailed pics when mounted
Did you order the angled sliders or the ones that stick straight out like a running board / step?

Also, did you notice the White Knuckle Offroad mounting bracketry hangs down below the frame?

Once installed you don't have anything hanging lower than the frame on the Shrockworks.... that's kind of a "pivotal" :giggle: thing for rocksliders.

The White Knuckle Offroad mounting design relies on friction to hold the slider in place. Their Installation Instruction say to "simply lift one end of the slider" to adjust for an even gap between the truck and the slider, then tighten all the bolts. So.... that's great for a step, but what happens if you actually are sliding on rocks?

Opinions vary and all this may be just fine based on how you'll use your truck. My goal here is to merely point out some concerns in the event other folks are comparing designs and trying to choose what's best for their truck.

Shrockworks

004B.JPG

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

White Knuckle Offroad

White Knuckle Offroad Sliders.jpg

Last edited:

Mustang2Ranger

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you order the angled sliders or the ones that stick straight out like a running board / step?

Also, did you notice the White Knuckle Offroad mounting bracketry hangs down below the frame?

Once installed you don't have anything hanging lower than the frame on the Shrockworks.... that's kind of a "pivotal" :giggle: thing for rocksliders.

The White Knuckle Offroad mounting design relies on friction to hold the slider in place. Their Installation Instruction say to "simply lift one end of the slider" to adjust for an even gap between the truck and the slider, then tighten all the bolts. So.... that's great for a step, but what happens if you actually are sliding on rocks?

Opinions vary and all this may be just fine based on how you'll use your truck. My goal here is to merely point out some concerns in the event other folks are comparing designs and trying to choose what's best for their truck.
I ordered the ones straight out

Did not notice those differences, good points

Will have to see how it goes once on the trail I suppose

jerrywin

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Sport supercrew
I ordered the ones straight out

Did not notice those differences, good points

Will have to see how it goes once on the trail I suppose
I would like to get some that are straight out too. contacted Shrockworks and they don't offer that option. They are still in the running for me because of price point. RR makes a straight out / flat slider too, so I'm waffling and not sure what I will do. .... thanks for sharing your research info.
Sponsored