First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Just curious as to how many of you are using crankcase oil separators. It won’t void your warranty but it will most likely aid greatly in keeping this to a minimum. My concern would be thinning out your oil and causing unnecessary engine wear. I know, probably should have been a factory standard but, seeing how we’re missing bed hooks doesn’t surprise me ether!
Sponsored

Texasota

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT, 2023 Escape PHEV
Just curious which dealer you are working with? Mine is Skillman. Also did they mark the dipstick and us so how? A scratch?
My dealer marked it with a tiny dab of yellow paint. I have also marked it myself with a tiny dab of touch up paint and that also adhered to the dip stick just fine. The paint marks are easy to scrape of with a knife blade. Clean the dipstick well with alcohol before marking with paint.

Sign1941

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT/FX4
Thought I would add to this Post... Took my 2020 XLT/FX4 in to have Bilstein leveling kit done for the front. I'm at just 1000Mi, Also having alignment and oil change. I mentioned that my oil level has risen and they said "we haven't heard of this issue". They marked the oil stick and I'm to come back in 1000 mi to have them check it so they can report to Ford for recommendations. If it rises, I will contact Ford customer service file a complaint before I go back into the dealership to hopefully add support.

Ranger_RH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger XLT 4x4
Just to add my ordeal: I had zero issues for one year and 18,000 miles. I may be an anomaly, but most of my truck’s use was long trips (45 mi each way commute). My experience with Ford has been them looking to delay fixing the issue as long as possible. I finally decided enough is enough and was able to get a super aggressive offer above what I originally payed for it, so I sold. I took the money and went right to a Toyota dealership... good luck to you all. I seriously hope Ford makes this right and takes care of their customers.

MotoWojo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I understand now. What is the "normal" low boost (2-6PSI) AFR? It should be 13 ish under consistent pedal.
My truck at 75+mph on the highway with cruise and any headwind at all, will be in the 2-6psi boost and 14.5-15.2 AFR according to the Torque app. AFRs only go richer than that when I put my foot into it.

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
My truck at 75+mph on the highway with cruise and any headwind at all, will be in the 2-6psi boost and 14.5-15.2 AFR according to the Torque app. AFRs only go richer than that when I put my foot into it.
Ew, I’ll have to log mine to compare...

Sparky2

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired electrician
Just curious which dealer you are working with? Mine is Skillman. Also did they mark the dipstick and us so how? A scratch?
i have the same problem so I took a good photo of mine showing how high it was before my 1st oil change (at the hole with 3900 mi.) and then after as a benchmark for future reference. The after oil change level was actually a little low , just under the high hash mark like they didn’t fill it with the full 6.2 qt’s.

Last edited:

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
i have the same problem so I took a good photo of mine showing how high it was before my 1st oil change (at the hole with 3900 mi.) and then after as a benchmark for future reference. The after oil change level was actually a little low , just under the high hash mark like they didn’t fill it with the full 6.2 qt’s.
100% they forgot and put 4.7 of 5.7 in because that’s how they roll(at a dealer). If you didn’t go to a dealer, then it’s 120% they shorted you.

Sparky2

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired electrician
Definitely a dealer and the one I bought it from. I stumbled across a gas in oil thread here and checked mine. It was high and smelled of gas. I scheduled a oil change and reported my concerns about the oil. That was a mistake since they changed the oil didn’t capture any for testing and told me to schedule an appointment to look into the issue. I did, they found nothing but it’s on record and Ford is aware of my truck issue now.
Sponsored

Reactions: Doc