First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
Are we just making stupid comments now? Some have oil dilution issues. Ford isn't doing anything about it. In fact, they are covering it up in some (most?) cases. But go ahead, make jokes that no one understands because your Ranger isn't one of those affected.
Actually, mine isn't affected, but I run about 5 quarts of gas to one quart of oil in my engine....I find that it keeps the internal parts squeaky clean !!! :like:
You have a good day, ya hear !!!
Sponsored

JustSteve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Steve, this is clearly a battle you aren't going to win. Kudos for going down swinging, but at this point you've made an enemy out of a good portion of this forum. Not because you brought up issues, but because you've been name calling, slinging insults, and blowing an issue out of proportion that already has a 20+ page thread about it. The sample size is small, there are some issues, ford has a history of covering things up, everybody on here is *RIGHT* so stop bantering on. This is a place for help diagnosing issues, posting pictures of the truck that (most) of us love, and its 100% a place for fanboying about the truck. I was a toyota fanboy before, and now I REALLY like my ranger. Its not without issues, but I would never come on here as hot as you have and start insulting everyone who spent $35K+ on a truck that they love.

Do like you've said you would and just leave us alone. If our engines grenade, that's just it - it will be OUR engines. And we can all say to ourselves that you were right, but until then, stop being a troll.
Never said I was going to leave. Name calling and slinging insults? I may have called a couple posters "Ford fanboys" but that is kind of mild.

I admit to getting a little testy when I read the "ignore it" comments or when those without the issue make light of the comments of those who do have oil dilution.

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
Never said I was going to leave. Name calling and slinging insults? I may have called a couple posters "Ford fanboys" but that is kind of mild.

I admit to getting a little testy when I read the "ignore it" comments or when those without the issue make light of the comments of those who do have oil dilution.
images.png

NotBudule

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
So , I'm curious as to what the end result is ? Have any started knocking ? How high mileage are 2.3 's going ? This engine isn't Ranger specific is it ?

OP
OP

silverflash

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ranger XL loaded
Occupation
stuff
just an update. my level seems to have maintained itself when cold, right at the top of the hash marks. when hot, about half between top hash and top dot. i really haven't changed my driving much though i will say i use sport mode alot more in mountains. i've run her 5k rpm coming down the mountain for a minute or 2. engne braking. maybe when you run them hard, they burn some oil which also burns the gas in the oil? so level goes down.
Sponsored