Squatchranger

Squatchranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ranger lariat
Vehicle Showcase
My timing cover has slowly gotten more seepage, but I am not alarmed yet, 33k

Underneath, I suspect the rear main seal is leaking, every few months when it is about to drip I wipe it. Long trips or towing makes it more, but slowed it with an oil cap breather, other threads on this

Its not enough for me to want to go through the hassle at the dealer. So far Flackstone reports are good
I also am friends with the guys over in service so it is slightly less of a hassle for me thankfully
Sponsored

RedDakooter05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger STX RWD
I'd like say "Well, it's probably just yours" but I have to keep in mind it is a ford, haha. All my past fords leaked something.

I plan to do my first oil change around 3k miles, doubt it'll see anything but will keep this thread in mind.

OP
OP
Squatchranger

Squatchranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ranger lariat
Vehicle Showcase
So the verdict is it’s a bad crank case seal apparently it’s a fairly common issue they wouldnt have seen it if it wasn’t for the faulty filter cause it’s a slow leak but a leak none the less

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
So the verdict is it’s a bad crank case seal apparently it’s a fairly common issue they wouldnt have seen it if it wasn’t for the faulty filter cause it’s a slow leak but a leak none the less
You gonna get it fixed? Or let it ride?

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Got an appt for it to get fixed tmw that way I can go off-roading Sunday with my buddies. Perks of being nice to the service guys they get u in fast lol
That's awesome!

I've never seen anything on mine but I'll be checking it out soon just to make sure.

Mustang2Ranger

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Lariat-FX4,4X4,White Platinum; 06 Escape
Good to know. Did they mention what causes it?

OP
OP
Squatchranger

Squatchranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ranger lariat
Vehicle Showcase
Good to know. Did they mention what causes it?
Bad seal from the factory apparently and as others have seen when they checked evidently its common mine is a 19 lariat for reference. They said it is so slow and gradual that we probably never would have noticed it if it wasnt for them looking around when they changed the faulty filter, I get oil changes every 5k miles or so (im old fashioned like that) so there wasn't enough level drop to indicate anything

Mustang2Ranger

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bad seal from the factory apparently and as others have seen when they checked evidently its common mine is a 19 lariat for reference. They said it is so slow and gradual that we probably never would have noticed it if it wasnt for them looking around when they changed the faulty filter, I get oil changes every 5k miles or so (im old fashioned like that) so there wasn't enough level drop to indicate anything
Mine is also a 19 lariat, good to know also that it was faulty from the factory. Slow leak for me but I will let it ride and wipe it every few months unless it starts pouring out

OP
OP
Squatchranger

Squatchranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ranger lariat
Vehicle Showcase
Mine is also a 19 lariat, good to know also that it was faulty from the factory. Slow leak for me but I will let it ride and wipe it every few months unless it starts pouring out
If you have warranty it is covered, for my dealer at least they were able to get the part next day so probably not a bad idea to get it while youre covered especially if you take it on the trails

Mustang2Ranger

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well, I hate the hassle of the dealer. I got the 100k warranty mostly for the LED's and electronics. The process of going in, explaining it, following up, waiting, etc. is not worth it for me

Unless I had a friend like you working there who I know would fight for my case, sure I would take it in! For my slow rear axle leak too - different thread, got paperwork on that if it ever blows, they wouldn't fix it after four times bringing it in, idiots

Easy to say my headlight or screen or sensor doesn't work. Cant say much about the motor with all the mods

I go about 6500 on the oil changes and don't need to add any. Mix of off road, towing, some hot rodding, and some normal driving. My off road gear has extra oil

OP
OP
Squatchranger

Squatchranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ranger lariat
Vehicle Showcase
Well, I hate the hassle of the dealer. I got the 100k warranty mostly for the LED's and electronics. The process of going in, explaining it, following up, waiting, etc. is not worth it for me

Unless I had a friend like you working there who I know would fight for my case, sure I would take it in! For my slow rear axle leak too - different thread, got paperwork on that if it ever blows, they wouldn't fix it after four times bringing it in, idiots

Easy to say my headlight or screen or sensor doesn't work. Cant say much about the motor with all the mods

I go about 6500 on the oil changes and don't need to add any. Mix of off road, towing, some hot rodding, and some normal driving. My off road gear has extra oil
Yeah I am bone stock engine wise, being modded would definitely cause if nothing else some extra hassle if not a denial
Sponsored