First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Retired
I'm always amused by folks who drive decently-powered vehicles, and then complain about the cost of fuel! If you want fuel mileage, there are plenty of vehicles out there capable of an honest 40 MPH in town, if you're careful. Obviously, if you want to get to 60 in under 6 seconds (or less), it will cost you in extra fuel used. As the old wise man Don Garlits once said.... "It is the price of admissionā€”live with it!"
Sponsored

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
I'm always amused by folks who drive decently-powered vehicles, and then complain about the cost of fuel! If you want fuel mileage, there are plenty of vehicles out there capable of an honest 40 MPH in town, if you're careful. Obviously, if you want to get to 60 in under 6 seconds (or less), it will cost you in extra fuel used. As the old wise man Don Garlits once said.... "It is the price of admissionā€”live with it!"
I think most of the complaints are because many of us aren't getting close to the EPA ratings on the window sticker. I drive it easy most of the time an sneak some quick acceleration runs in an I'm happy with 20 overall in the winter an 22 in the summer which is around what I get.

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
New 2021 model 4x4 Average 20.2. It only has 100 miles so far
If you're going by the display you need to do a few hand calculated tanks an compare them. I have mine calibrated to being pretty much right on now. It was up to 1.5 mpg optimistic before I adjusted it.

sootie007

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 LT 4 x 4
Occupation
Electronics
Vehicle Showcase
21 4 x 4 less than 1500 miles 20.36 mixed driving .....

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Last nights fill up was 23.5 mpg using 91 octane with a combo of 60% city/40% highway. Gas is climbing higher every day here with 91 @ $3.59 at my local Fry's! :surprised: Good thing Costco is still at $2.84 for 91 but at this rate I'll be back to running 87 soon.:mad:

Gas Buddy.jpg

Blue Streak

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL STX FX 2021 Honda CR V
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Yesterdays road trip to use my truck for truck stuff was at 22.3 S mode & 87 oct. When weather changes I expect that # to climb. Side note; as stated in another thread saw an old red step side ranger on a trailer, twice different locations. :thumbsup: :like:

GregM

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Lariat 4X4
Occupation
Retired
I think most of the complaints are because many of us aren't getting close to the EPA ratings on the window sticker. I drive it easy most of the time an sneak some quick acceleration runs in an I'm happy with 20 overall in the winter an 22 in the summer which is around what I get.
Hello Langley,

My avg is all over the place with pre warm up and it doesn't seem to change the computer avg.
But hand calculations are some times up to 2mpg's difference than computer avg.
Hope to adjust things now that the temps are finally rising above 40. :like:

Blmpkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ranger
'21 4x4 with 830 miles, driving like a regular person 98% of the time, rural driving mostly, computer says 20.3 average. I let it warm up for a couple minutes when its real cold out, but I try to be sparing with that due to break in. Don't want it to idle too long.

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
Was at 23.7 mixed, currently at 23.1 with right at 27,000 miles. Driving hasnā€™t changed, but due for an oil change. As long as itā€™s above 9mpg (which was what my old ā€˜89 F150 got), Iā€™m good. :clap: :turkey:

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Mine has been all over the place. Some of it is my driving habits. Short punches starts adding up without you realizing it! ? Then itā€™s also winter here and the gas blend is a known hit. For over a month ran Auto on HAVC and Iā€™ll tell you with certainty that adds a big negative on mileage.

But! Over last few weeks with increased highway miles and manual HAVC settings about 21 mpg now. Still hammer it but more reserved. ?

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I had my rotator cuff repaired an I've been off work since mid Jan....had a bitter cold spell since then (which is why I had it done in mid Jan) an I haven't done hardly any highway driving since I'm not commuting to work. My avg has dropped to under 16 mpg. This is all around town driving, getting groceries an going to lunch an stuff like that. Lots of warm up remote starting too during the cold snap. Even though I took a 25% reduction in mileage a tank lasts twice as long.

Apples

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Retired
I have the Ford Performance tune, Ford's Borla exhaust, and a Roush intake unit, on ,y 2019, XTL 2X4. If I'm careful, and drive it like an old-maid school teacher, I can actually achieve 18 MPG in town in my driving cycle. If I drive it spiritedly, it averages about 15 MPG. Play a lot of stop light derby, and we're talking 13 MPG! More HP? More fuel!

Oh! I have never had a vehicle that could actually get the EPA rating for fuel economy. Why? Their's is "calculated", not real world. Typical governmental hypocrisy.
Sponsored

Reactions: Doc