Report your MPG

Deleted member 1634

That's crazy. Even with off-road trips, I tend to range from 16-24 over a tank. 19.5mpg lifetime so far.
This truck gets used for a lot of different things for us. Family trip rig, tow rig, home improvement rig, my commuter, weekend errand rig, off-road adventure rig, etc. So there's just such a smattering of types of driving I do that makes the mileage go all over the place.

My low point was towing our camper (w/ kayaks on top) at 75mph on the freeway, uphill, into a strong headwind. Disappointing for sure, but not surprising.

My high point was a clean profile, long distance, relatively flat and smooth family trip at highway speeds (60-65mph). Quite happy with that one. I still am convinced I can beat it. Especially since I've since gotten the topper, which seems to add almost 2mpg across the board with the way I drive.
Sponsored

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 SCrew
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
This truck gets used for a lot of different things for us. Family trip rig, tow rig, home improvement rig, my commuter, weekend errand rig, off-road adventure rig, etc. So there's just such a smattering of types of driving I do that makes the mileage go all over the place.

My low point was towing our camper (w/ kayaks on top) at 75mph on the freeway, uphill, into a strong headwind. Disappointing for sure, but not surprising.

My high point was a clean profile, long distance, relatively flat and smooth family trip at highway speeds (60-65mph). Quite happy with that one. I still am convinced I can beat it. Especially since I've since gotten the topper, which seems to add almost 2mpg across the board with the way I drive.
That makes more sense. My low points are tanks full of off-road. Normally a trip is ¼-½ tank of gas off-road, but there have been a few higher than that and that's where my lows come in. I can do really well on the highway but not much of that driving going on and there's tons of hills around here.

I almost looked at a topper over a tonneau again, but I love the flexibility I get without the topper.

IdahoRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
RETIRED
Latest tank was 270 miles mostly 60mph hwy and some city. Truck said 23.9 gas pump says 23.2mpg. Can live with that.

With just under 9k miles overall is 21.5 smiles per gallon

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I'm always surprised at the consistency of some your guys' mileage. Mine has been anywhere from 13-28mpg. Even anywhere between 20-25mpg just commuting for work. Of course, I hardly ever have the same driving on any tank. It would take me 3 weeks of commuting to empty a tank if that's all I did, and I hardly ever do nothing with the truck for 3 straight weekends.
I'm all over the place for work so my driving differs from day to day. One thing is here it's pretty flat unless I head up north so that helps stay consistent. Like @Gizmokid2005 when I'm off roading I can go through 1/4-1/2 a tank and still average 16-17 mpg and most times the ac going too. At some point I'm want to all out WOT most of a tank just to see what I get. Doubt I'll get any tickets as everyone here drives like a bat out a hell normally. lol

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
I'... Doubt I'll get any tickets as everyone here drives like a bat out a hell normally. lol
And that's just downtown (here and there too I bet)!:shock:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
And that's just downtown (here and there too I bet)!:shock:

Know matter how fast you're going here you're going to slow. The speed limit on the I-17 once you start getting up north is 75 mph. I'll be doing 85 mph and there will be someone on your bumper. Around town is even worse as they will ride so close you'd swear they're glued to you. :mad:

Gims04

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2008 Pontiac G8
Can't complain about this
PXL_20200917_100751433 (2).jpg

The gas station I filled up at was at the top of a long hill, so it's always fun to see how high I can get the reading.

Actual mileage for the fill up was 26.393
Well played sir, well played.

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 silverado
The highest I ever got on my ranger work truck was 24. The lowest was 6. However it was in 4 lo all day in the slop.

Dahveed

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT 4x4 / 2020 Ford Edge ST-Line
Occupation
Pharmacy Consultant
My most recent tank was 21.6mpg. That was with about 180 miles of 75mph highway and 75 miles of around town. Not bad. Not amazing, but not bad. That's with a Roush tune and CAI.

Bsenecal

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Supercrew, 2017 Ford Fusion Sport, 1968 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Military
My most recent tank was 21.6mpg. That was with about 180 miles of 75mph highway and 75 miles of around town. Not bad. Not amazing, but not bad. That's with a Roush tune and CAI.
How do you like the CAI and tune from Roush?
Brian

Hardy12000

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XL STX 4x4 (Iconic Silver)
My truck really wants to get great mileage, but my work drive has big hills that go in both directions. Keeping it up to speed really gets the turbo going pretty good, I think we all know how that ends.

Anyway, 4x4 22.8 average

Edit/update: on my 3rd tank of premium fuel (93) 23.2 and climbing

Last edited:

Waxthis

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Controls Tech
26.5 Mpg Hand calculated "91 octane". 70-75 Mph, 32 miles each way to work and back. 90% Highway...I'm very impressed...:thumbsup:

Hardy12000

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XL STX 4x4 (Iconic Silver)
I track my fuel using Fuelly, and don't really trust the onboard. I reset it every fillup out of habit, but use it more for tracking milage on my oil tbh (trip2).

1599673855014.png
Impressive fuel price. I pumped premium for like 2.96 yesterday. Northern michigan

l0rdv8r

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.reddit.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2018 VW Atlas
Occupation
CTO @ NASA
Impressive fuel price. I pumped premium for like 2.96 yesterday. Northern michigan
Premium here is around $2.50 - I'm still bone stock, and run 87/89 most of the time. We're just outside of New Orleans.
Sponsored