First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 air-cooled VW camper, 2022 Ranger FX2
Occupation
Retired
30 mpg highway not exceeding the posted speed limit. 24 mpg with two 14 foot kayaks on a ladder rack @70 mph. 2WD crew cab. 87 octane regular unleaded gas. 750 miles on the truck, now one week post delivery.
Sponsored

Reactions: Doc

TOMDEE

Banned
Banned
First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 lariat
Occupation
retired
I thought I should start a thread about what kinda mileage eveyoeve is getting.

Include the type of driving you do city/highway %, driving style, gas used, if your using the auto start/stop feature and aprox engine mileage.

So I'm on my third tank of gas and tgt mileage has been improving.

• 70%/30% city/highway
  • Average
  • 87 oct
  • Start/stop: off
  • 600 miles
  • 4x4, FX4
Computer MPG 19.5
Manual calc MPG 20.5
41,000 KMS OR 26,000 MILES
MOSTLY CITY, SOME HIGHWAY
2O19 LARIAT/WITH FORD PERFORMANCE TUNER
9 LITRES PER 1OO KMS AVERAGE
FOR MY AMERICAN FRIENDS, THIS WORKS OUT TO BE 26MPG ON 91 OCTANE ALWAYS

raytwntrvlr

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XL
Occupation
retired
On flat ground and being very careful to stay non-turbo and w/o wind, I can tease 30 mpg out of it. Won't do that again. Everyday mixed driving is around 20 mpg. Towing our TT averages 11 mpg. Pretty much done with checking it at this point. However, I did adjust my computer to be very close to reality. Pretty sure my on-ramp merge mpg is not much but it's fun.

seasprite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XL STX
Average of 26.0 with 91 octane, and 24.9 since the key was first turned when built. Most of my driving is hwy probably 90%. I do have to kick the turbo in now and then to get away from idiots so I could probably squeak out a couple of tenths more if I refined my driving habits.

I do run with the cruse on most of the time.

Jason B

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XL STX SE 4x2
Occupation
machinist
A lot of impressive MPG posted but remember the meter on the dash is always 2 - 3 MPG over actual MPG.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee

jblc

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT FX2 supercab
I don't get it... I think my 2WD is a lemon given how far off I am from advertised. Others said their mileage got better with miles, but mine hasn't (at all).

I'm still at 20 mpg highway at 65 mph (hand calculated), and I'm at 6000 miles now. It's been a consistent 19-20 mpg since purchase.

It was the same 19-20 mpg before adding the canopy, so no perceptible mpg change from that.

I just don't understand what I can do to increase mileage to what others are reporting :(
My other vehicles get great mileage, and I'm a gentle driver, so it's not my driving habits... (I even have a throttle controller set to economy mode).

Thoughts/advice?

Justin says...

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick XLT Lux
Occupation
IT System Analyst II
23.6mpg

2022 XLT sport supercrew 4X4
Bug deflector - I have to believe this changes aerodynamics at least a little.
3000 miles
I live in the mountains (at Tail of the Dragon, if you're familiar).
50/50 "city" and highway
Premium gas. (91)

I'm good with this number. I don't obsess and just drive normally.

Last edited:

CP0861

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat Supercrew
I don't get it... I think my 2WD is a lemon given how far off I am from advertised. Others said their mileage got better with miles, but mine hasn't (at all).

I'm still at 20 mpg highway at 65 mph (hand calculated), and I'm at 6000 miles now. It's been a consistent 19-20 mpg since purchase.

It was the same 19-20 mpg before adding the canopy, so no perceptible mpg change from that.

I just don't understand what I can do to increase mileage to what others are reporting :(
My other vehicles get great mileage, and I'm a gentle driver, so it's not my driving habits... (I even have a throttle controller set to economy mode).

Thoughts/advice?

Where do you live? Elevation changes....mountains/hills?

It's not mentioned as much in MPG conversations, but it's definitely a factor. All these numbers being posted aren't comparing apples to apples unless roads and terrain are the same, and obviously, that's impossible.

I get 22.5 to 24.0 pretty consistently, but it's FLAT where I live and I use/accelerate with cc as much as possible. Little to no climbing. I see a difference whenever I'm somewhere with even just slight rolling elevation.
Sponsored

Reactions: Doc