Report your MPG

jblc

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT FX2 supercab
Where do you live? Elevation changes....mountains/hills?

It's not mentioned as much in MPG conversations, but it's definitely a factor. All these numbers being posted aren't comparing apples to apples unless roads and terrain are the same, and obviously, that's impossible.

I get 22.5 to 24.0 pretty consistently, but it's FLAT where I live and I use/accelerate with cc as much as possible. Little to no climbing. I see a difference whenever I'm somewhere with even just slight rolling elevation.
Sea level, and totally flat...

Reactions: Doc

RedDakooter05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger STX RWD
Average around 16 mostly city. Have not been on pure highway for a while but was averaging 23mpg with low head/cross winds. Headwinds plummet the mileage to 20.

My F150 got better city mileage so I'm not fond of bullshit.

CP0861

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat Supercrew
I don't get it... I think my 2WD is a lemon given how far off I am from advertised. Others said their mileage got better with miles, but mine hasn't (at all).

I'm still at 20 mpg highway at 65 mph (hand calculated), and I'm at 6000 miles now. It's been a consistent 19-20 mpg since purchase.

It was the same 19-20 mpg before adding the canopy, so no perceptible mpg change from that.

I just don't understand what I can do to increase mileage to what others are reporting :(
My other vehicles get great mileage, and I'm a gentle driver, so it's not my driving habits... (I even have a throttle controller set to economy mode).

Thoughts/advice?
I know little to nothing about throttle controllers.....but I thought they were typically used/intended to improve throttle response?? It would make sense that improving the acceleration/response adversely impacts your mpg....even if set to economy mode (economy mode may just lessen the adverse effects). The only way to know for sure would be to test with and without. Did you calculate your mpg before adding the controller?

Ronnie G.

First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
Buyer
2022 Tremor with 3,200 miles and the lowest I've gotten is 20.7 and the highest is 24.3 per tank.

jblc

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT FX2 supercab
I know little to nothing about throttle controllers.....but I thought they were typically used/intended to improve throttle response?? It would make sense that improving the acceleration/response adversely impacts your mpg....even if set to economy mode (economy mode may just lessen the adverse effects). The only way to know for sure would be to test with and without. Did you calculate your mpg before adding the controller?
Yep, I calculated your mpg before adding the controller (no change from after adding the controller). I added it due to the poor mileage :)

Throttle controllers just adjust throttle in general -- they're not just for increased acceleration. In particular, economy mode is designed to save fuel over a stock configuration: it creates gentle acceleration.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase

CP0861

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat Supercrew
Just ran a tank of 93 octane (i've used 87 exclusively for 9,000 miles). I didn't hand calc, but by the dash (which is consistently about 1.2mpg high) I got the worst mileage of any tank so far. I know I've read higher octane does better, but I didn't see it. It was just 1 tank....maybe I'll try again and baby it a bit more, but I was pretty surprised.

Reactions: Doc

Adventure Ranger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariate Crew Cab FX4 Sport
Occupation
Heavy Equipment / Truck shop Foreman
Vehicle Showcase
2020 Lariat Super Crew 4x4 2.5" lift and running 32" tires. 61000 kms ( 38000Miles)
Truck is hauling something most of the time, from Camper, Kayaks, bikes, Sled trailer....
Life average Fuel Consumption:
11.9 L/ 100km
23.7 Imp MGG
19.7 US MPG

RangerPNW

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Project Manager
Just ran a tank of 93 octane (i've used 87 exclusively for 9,000 miles). I didn't hand calc, but by the dash (which is consistently about 1.2mpg high) I got the worst mileage of any tank so far. I know I've read higher octane does better, but I didn't see it. It was just 1 tank....maybe I'll try again and baby it a bit more, but I was pretty surprised.
It can take a few tanks for the ecu to adjust, so wouldn't read too much into it after just one tank.

Jbrubakerjr

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat
See my signature. Still pretty new, about 2/3 highway driving at 80mph average. 87 Octane for all fill-ups.

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired
Edit: Both Rangers 22.7 on 93 octane in the white tuned lowered truck.
and 87 octane in the blue truck.
Sponsored

Last edited: