Renewed SiriusXM today....

Squatchranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ranger lariat
Vehicle Showcase
It's still not quite on the level of content Spotify and Amazon Music has and you can't choose songs or albums, but they have a lot more curated channels and within those, they have a lot more songs/artists
With apple music you get to download stations and playlists and create custom stations based on songs or artists plus now live radio shows as well and its way cheaper I can't see any reason for anyone to use sirius also my apple music doesn't cut out when I drive under a tree lol
Sponsored

Squatchranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ranger lariat
Vehicle Showcase
I completely agree. I tried all of the streaming services, and I liked Pandora best for their artist channels. Overall, I think that they have the best algorithms. I also have Sonos at home, and I almost exclusively stream Pandora or some of the SiriusXM channels through Sonos when I listen at home.

I also get Apple Music as part of my Apple One subscription, so I tend to use it when I want to listen to a specific artist or album, but Pandora’s artists channels have introduced me to a lot of great bands I would have likely never known about otherwise.

A lot of my highway driving is through rural areas where I sometimes lose cellular connection, which is another reason I like SiriusXM in the Ranger over streaming. The only downside is the 18 channel limit on favorites and not being able to move through all presets quickly through the steering wheel controls. I used to have about 30 favorite channels in my Volvo prior to my Ranger.
Try the apple music channels, you can do them based on albums songs or artists lots of great stuff beyond just the ones they have in their radio tab so if you like a song you can make a station based off it I do that all the time and by liking and disliking stuff you can further hone things

halligan1201

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Emergency Management
Vehicle Showcase
With apple music you get to download stations and playlists and create custom stations based on songs or artists plus now live radio shows as well and its way cheaper I can't see any reason for anyone to use sirius also my apple music doesn't cut out when I drive under a tree lol
I use Sirius when I'm not wanting to listen to the stations or lists or live shows or podcasts that I already have in my Amazon Music. Sometimes I find something new or it reminds me of something I've not heard in long time. Variety is the spice of life. The same type of argument could be said for paying for Apple Music if you have a Prime account because you get all those features and songs for free.

Squatchranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ranger lariat
Vehicle Showcase
I use Sirius when I'm not wanting to listen to the stations or lists or live shows or podcasts that I already have in my Amazon Music. Sometimes I find something new or it reminds me of something I've not heard in long time. Variety is the spice of life. The same type of argument could be said for paying for Apple Music if you have a Prime account because you get all those features and songs for free.
Prime music is still better than sirius it may as well be fm radio you pay extra for and amazon and apple music both have features to let you listen to something new I use it all the time, I will absolutely die on the hill that sirius is outdated and has zero use in the modern world

OP
OP

Progeny2021

Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Super Crew Cab
Occupation
Retired
I cannot fathom any reason to buy sirius when apple music and its contemporaries exist, offline playlists doesnt lose coverage every time you go under a tree with moderately thick foliage you get to pick what you listen to, satellite is inferior in every way and way overpriced.
Perhaps, but 'convenience' is worth something. I have nothing to prove to anyone at this stage of the game - I like the SiriusXM service. What is your opinion of AT&T 4G Car Connect?

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
That's strange you had so many instances where Sirius would cut out on you. In all the places we were driving through on our trip I only had it cut out once. That was coming into AZ from St George, UT where there's a wall of rock going through a canyon area and the signal got blocked through it. Even going through the long tunnel on I-70 in CO it never cut out.

Doesn't Apple Music rely on cell service too? If so there were so many areas where we were up in the mountains in CO & SD where I couldn't get cell service but the Sat radio came in everywhere even up at 14,000' at Mt Evens in CO.

Squatchranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ranger lariat
Vehicle Showcase
Perhaps, but 'convenience' is worth something. I have nothing to prove to anyone at this stage of the game - I like the SiriusXM service. What is your opinion of AT&T 4G Car Connect?
Beyond the free use of fordpass never used it I have unlimited hotspot free apple music and disney bundle through my phone plan works way better apple music works seamlessly with carplay you can use siri even if you stream via bluetooth idk why you would personally but u can and just tell her hey play this station or hey do this you can use the infinity button to have it start finding other songs for you when you finish a playlist its unbelievably ergonomic and convenient and way cheaper, also there is the fact that you can take it anywhere and pay a whole $0 to use it in another vehicle when you trade up.

Squatchranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ranger lariat
Vehicle Showcase
That's strange you had so many instances where Sirius would cut out on you. In all the places we were driving through on our trip I only had it cut out once. That was coming into AZ from St George, UT where there's a wall of rock going through a canyon area and the signal got blocked through it. Even going through the long tunnel on I-70 in CO it never cut out.

Doesn't Apple Music rely on cell service too? If so there were so many areas where we were up in the mountains in CO & SD where I couldn't get cell service but the Sat radio came in everywhere even up at 14,000' at Mt Evens in CO.
My ex has it in her mustang and yeah every bridge we would go under and just about every thick tree we'd go under it would get spotty or cut out and hers is a new mustang as well. maybe floridas sat coverage isn't as good but yeah its been extremely unreliable, and nope! you can download anything and use it offline you can even download to your apple watch and for instance if you are working out or your phone dies still use headphones (wireless ofc) and listen. for the ones where it randomly picks songs yeah you need service for it to preload them but you can set stuff to auto download as well

Mustangman02232

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 ranger
Once you.go.to XM you dont go back!!

I first had XM on my 2016 Frontier. Ive had it ever since. I have it on the 1993 Pathfinder and the 1994 F150 using the Apline CDE-172BT decks. To say the least they are nice.
I have 4 172s and another 5-6 of the 143 maybe? That I installed In everything in the yard because we got tired of forgetting settings/buttons on different radios, they seem to of held up good considering 3 of them are in dump trucks and 1 in my road truck, I hate fm and talk radio and I’m not screwing around with
My phone for 12-14 hours a day
want to say I’m $73 a month on my fleet account but I might be wrong, just goes on autopay, we did have an issue in my uncles kw trailer dump set up but I changed the little black receiver box behind the radio and it’s been mint ever since

OP
OP

Progeny2021

Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Beyond the free use of fordpass never used it I have unlimited hotspot free apple music and disney bundle through my phone plan works way better apple music works seamlessly with carplay you can use siri even if you stream via bluetooth idk why you would personally but u can and just tell her hey play this station or hey do this you can use the infinity button to have it start finding other songs for you when you finish a playlist its unbelievably ergonomic and convenient and way cheaper, also there is the fact that you can take it anywhere and pay a whole $0 to use it in another vehicle when you trade up.
Can only imagine your opinion of the SiriusXM Guardian 'Convenience plus Security' service (think OnStar) I pay $259 a year for in my Chrysler....

https://www.driveuconnect.com/sirius-xm-guardian.html/

Squatchranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ranger lariat
Vehicle Showcase
Once you.go.to XM you dont go back!!

I first had XM on my 2016 Frontier. Ive had it ever since. I have it on the 1993 Pathfinder and the 1994 F150 using the Apline CDE-172BT decks. To say the least they are nice.
Until you get back from 2005 and learn about all the vastly superior apps and programs like apple music lol

Squatchranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ranger lariat
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP

Progeny2021

Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Until you get back from 2005 and learn about all the vastly superior apps and programs like apple music lol
May I nominate you as the all knowing House GURU of Ranger Audio?!?!

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
Lol, with the places I go the other apps do me no good as they will require cell service or downloaded music on a device. I'll stick with my Satellite Radio

OP
OP

Progeny2021

Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Its a terrible deal considering your ranger has all the sos stuff built in to fordpass with less of the spying also AAA is cheaper and works better
Whatever....
Sponsored