Remote Transmission Dip Stick Aftermarket Support?

Would you get in line to buy one?

• Total voters

2021Ranger

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
I have purchased one off parts first made then they go aftermarket to china and they it turns to shit with small changes that are unnoticed until it breaks or leaks..
Fitz keep in in house and if all goes well hire someone part time to help with production.. then take it to shark tank:LOL:
Sponsored

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
I hope you get adequate access to the vehicles you are designing for.

When I bought the UPR catch can I found out the dealer I bought my truck from worked with them on test fitting accessories. When I - and the UPR employee (who had been a mechanic at dealerships in the past) struggled with the manifold hose connection it was ultimately the dealer who got it snapped in tight. My big meat hooks just weren't small or nimble enough.

When I got involved with the final testing of the VelossaTech Big Mouth I went to their shop in a small industrial park and found the owner had started the company out of his in laws garage and over time scaled up to buy something like a dozen 3D printers and hire employees over time.

I can't see the future for @Fitzmotor but it would be cool if we can all say off in the future we got to witness the start of a quality accessory company.

Nokia was a boot manufacturer before it was an electronics giant. Kyocera made china table sets before they got into electronics. Tandy made leather craft kits before ultimately becoming Rado Shack.

The Last Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
The first batch may go quickly, so upon feedback, if all is well, I will make a much bigger batch, then it will be ebay or on a website.

And yes, first Bronco, (they love accessories) then F150 and so on, then 2-4-6-8-10 jigs.

They would be difficult to make on a mass scale, even if I wanted to have China make the whole thing and drop ship like the rest of the world does, the forming process is so time consuming, because if it doesn't hit XX.X degrees and cool below XX.X without being clamped in position, it's not going to take a set, after that it's like a stick, hot, cold it's shaped for life.

But anyways, I'm sure they could be mfg fast and cheap, I won't go that route, the people who steal the idea will.
Mike , I'm hoping however you accept payment you will use paypal for one of the options as its safe and easy .

NeilP

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Tremor (SOLD 12-14-2023)
Occupation
RETIRED!
For those who are interested, you can vote which puts you in the group of people who are interested, but.....

The best way to show interest is to post it here, initially I will use this topic as a reference for people who are interested.

Then when a larger quantity becomes available, I should have enough to cover the whole voting list and more.
New trans fluid pan is here & it's patiently waiting for the new dip stick to become available!

032-Bias

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Super Crew
Occupation
Operator
Well I guess it's time to finally post so I can show my interest and support. I have seen many specialty products be created in the retro gaming community by individuals or very small teams. Sometimes it can take years, but it's always worth it. I eagerly await this becoming available much like Dirk's wireless charging solutions!

OP
OP
Msfitoy

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
@Fitzmotor Mike, how will you make your purchase announcement to the first group? Are you sending notices by email? Do you have our emails? Thanks!

Fitzmotor

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor, 75 crewcab F350, 65 Mustang
Occupation
Retired from Honda Racing.
The only info we have on each other is our 5G identity, I will send out PM's.

So, please be good with how I do this, I have mentioned before, that I was unaware of the voting list and how it's random anyways, I needed to come up with something.

So, the easiest and most logical list, was simply: the order of posts requesting one.

It's the order that is easiest to follow, it's straight forward, and it's viewable, I'm sure there are people who voted early and never posted anything, to those I apologize, and there are people who didn't make it crystal clear but I included.

There is a very important second reason for handling it this way, in those first 20+ pages of post, is the very thing that motivated me through this project, all those positive comments set me on a path.

The encouragement was enough for me to do it properly, start a business, get everything in place, meet all requirements, register to all kinds of stuff, set up accounts, pay all fees, it's gnarly, but a good experience as well.

Thanks to everyone.

So back to business, I will send out group PM's soon, let me know if you are still interested.

I think this batch should be 27 assembly's, time to get busy, middle of next week hopefully, and I'm still not done with the instructions.

Go figure.. water heater started leaking, "building hoses today? no, I'm a plumber today":facepalm:

IMG_1270.jpeg

Only got a handful of them, not the whole order, time to get to work.

I was stoked to find out they were all within less than an 1/8 of an inch from each other.

I will only have 20ish to go out, I don't have the instructions done yet

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer

Blue Streak

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL STX FX 2021 Honda CR V
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I do need to add in the price has changed, it was my goal to bring it cheaper.

It will be $179.00
I'm still in group 3 or 4 as I am in no rush. By then the price will triple & there will be a supply issue. Just don't go out of business. :like: :LOL::LOL::LOL:

NeilP

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Tremor (SOLD 12-14-2023)
Occupation
RETIRED!
I'm all in! And I am looking forward to getting this & the new transmission pan installed!
Sponsored