First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
As mentioned already many of us added in a Fumoto valve and use a hose to direct to the catch basin. As far as the cover for the filter. Got rid of factory screw fasteners and went with button top ones from Amazon that make getting them out and back in a breeze now. Work smarter not harder! Threads on all of this on here.
Sponsored

Sign1941

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT/FX4
Not too worried about the Drain tube, Its the Filter that makes to most mess. They were clever with the way the oil drains from the filter down the Rail. But still have to use plenty of rags to cleanup the left over in the channel.

slowmachine

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler, waiting for a Ranger PHEV
Not too worried about the Drain tube, Its the Filter that makes to most mess. They were clever with the way the oil drains from the filter down the Rail. But still have to use plenty of rags to cleanup the left over in the channel.
I spray brake cleaner below the filter to flush the oil from the drain channel. Never a drop on the garage floor.

Dgc333

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
There are any number of universal remote filter kits that will work on the Ranger. The filter gasket surface on the block is the same as what Ford and Chrysler have been using since spin on filters started as is the the 3/4-16 thread on the connection.

These kits come with a plate that screws on in place of the filter. The plate has two hose fittings for oil out and in. On the other end is an adapter that the hoses connect to and a filter screws into. You could use the stock FL910s, the longer FL400s or full size 1 qt FL1A filter. These all have the same gasket, same bypass pressure and the filter media meets the same SAE specs.

Scope out where you want to mount the adapter and pick a kit that has hoses that are long enough. JEGS or Summit are a good source.

I put one on my 68 Barracuda so I wouldn't be slobbering oil on the headers and could use a bigger filter like the FL1A. I routed the hoses back and welded a bracket to the floor next to the transmission. The filter tucks up next to the tranny in a horizontal orientation. Easy access and we'll protected.
Sponsored