First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Project Manager
There really isn't going to be a difference with going to a bigger filter on the new Ranger. The technology now a days has far improved compared to way back in the day before I was thought of. also that's if there is any room for a bigger filter. I have enough trouble getting my oil filter wrench on as it is. Also as long as you keep up on the maintenance unlike most you should not have any issue at all. Hopefully its nowhere near like the 4.6 and 5.4 where if you keep going over the intervals for oil changes it destroyed the oil passages in the entire engine.
4.6 was a solid motor, until the VVT 3v. Same with the 5.4 2v. It was the VVT system that was sensitive to oil change intervals. Last truck was a 4.6 2v with 260k on it. Ran like a top.
Sponsored

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
I couldn't find a FL 910S at Autozone or walmart. I have a FL400 left over from my ford focus days but I didn't use it since I wasn't sure it'd be ok. I had to go with A Fram Ultra. I read the Fram ultra is a good filter much better than the orange can of death. I was at 6K on my oil an didn't want to wait any longer for the 910s to come in. Just wondering if anyone else had trouble getting ford filters. If I can't find one for the next oil change I may go Napa Gold.

Bob902

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
RETIRED!!!!
I couldn't find a FL 910S at Autozone or walmart. I have a FL400 left over from my ford focus days but I didn't use it since I wasn't sure it'd be ok. I had to go with A Fram Ultra. I read the Fram ultra is a good filter much better than the orange can of death. I was at 6K on my oil an didn't want to wait any longer for the 910s to come in. Just wondering if anyone else had trouble getting ford filters. If I can't find one for the next oil change I may go Napa Gold.
I ordered some from walmart.com. Had them in three days.

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I ordered some from walmart.com. Had them in three days.
I hit the local walmart like 3 times a week for a month while moving either getting stuff for the new place or to take care of something in the old one an they never came in. I never think to order from wally world since I usually hit it weekly.

Bob902

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
RETIRED!!!!
I hit the local walmart like 3 times a week for a month while moving either getting stuff for the new place or to take care of something in the old one an they never came in. I never think to order from wally world since I usually hit it weekly.
it is hit and miss around here. They were in stock for quite a while. The last couple of months, nothing. So I ordered them. 3.97 online

Wytchdctr

First Name
Doug P.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT
Occupation
Retired Military/HR Manager
I just saw this thread so I am sort of going away from the current topic of availability.... but...

It is a 2.3 engine that already contains 6.2 quarts of oil. I think it has enough capacity.

Ill go with the best filtration to protect the hot angry snail on the other side of the motor over a bit more oil.

I am in the camp of no on any cheap filter; reguardless of name brand or if a non-turbo motor has run them for 300k. Ill save that money by skipping on an energy drink or something.

JohnnyO

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX 4x4
Occupation
Asst. Greenskeeper, Bushwood Country Club
I can't find any FL-910's around here anywhere either. Bought a Supertech last time. The oil nerds at www.BobIsTheOilGuy.com say Supertech is perfectly fine for normal use. I go 5000 miles. NAPA Gold is a good filter too.

JohnnyO

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX 4x4
Occupation
Asst. Greenskeeper, Bushwood Country Club
Fram Ultra or Tough Guard are okay filters but no better than a Motorcraft and cost more.
Wally Mart store brand Supertech is a perfectly fine filter, I've uses them when I can't get an FL-910S.
I'd buy a Mobil 1 or K&N before I'd buy any Fram though.
At Wally Mart the K&N for my wife's Chrysler minivan actually costs a bit less than the Mopar filter.
NAPA Gold is also a very good filter. Made by Wix, so if you run into a Wix it's the same thing.

www.BobIsTheOilGuy.com

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Fram Ultra or Tough Guard are okay filters but no better than a Motorcraft and cost more.
Wally Mart store brand Supertech is a perfectly fine filter, I've uses them when I can't get an FL-910S.
I'd buy a Mobil 1 or K&N before I'd buy any Fram though.
At Wally Mart the K&N for my wife's Chrysler minivan actually costs a bit less than the Mopar filter.
NAPA Gold is also a very good filter. Made by Wix, so if you run into a Wix it's the same thing.

www.BobIsTheOilGuy.com
Now that I'm a parts driver for a ford dealership I'll probably just buy them at work!

Old NaCl

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT Ranger 2X4
Occupation
Mechanical Designer
If it fits it ships
Sponsored