First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
Thanks for the part#. So you do not believe the extension sleeve is necessary?
With the F107SX the extension is NOT necessary.
And, wheel/tire does not have to be removed...just turn the steering all the way as if your making a right turn. Easy access that way.
Sponsored

OregonRangerTremor

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 ChargerDaytona
Occupation
Retired LEO/Dog Trainer
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks guys for the advice!!!!!

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Do you need to remove the front wheel to get easy access to the filter? Thanks
All I've ever needed to do was turn the front wheels fully to the passenger side. I don't find the access cumbersome or difficult at all.

Dgc333

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
All I've ever needed to do was turn the front wheels fully to the passenger side. I don't find the access cumbersome or difficult at all.
I have a Tremor with a 1" level and don't even have to turn the wheel. It is actually the easiest filter to access on any truck I have ever had. Disconnect the top of the flap and with a 30" extension and a filter socket it spins on an off without reaching in at all.

JeffWoodall

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX 4X4
Occupation
Security, Retired military (20 yrs), retired law enforcement (15 yrs)
Vehicle Showcase
LOL...I'm 64 now and closer to 100K...that makes round about 20 oil changes...
Just curious, I just got back on here and catching up. How many of those fender flap screw thinger majigs have you replaced, if any? I’ve done 4 oil changes, no issues but I think next time I may have to replace a couple. Haven’t torn my flap yet.

Dgc333

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
Just curious, I just got back on here and catching up. How many of those fender flap screw thinger majigs have you replaced, if any? I’ve done 4 oil changes, no issues but I think next time I may have to replace a couple. Haven’t torn my flap yet.
I haven't had to replace any yet. The screw in the center makes it easy to remove and install. But I do keep an assortment pak on hand of all sizes and types of these plastic retainers.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
I have a Tremor with a 1" level and don't even have to turn the wheel. It is actually the easiest filter to access on any truck I have ever had. Disconnect the top of the flap and with a 30" extension and a filter socket it spins on an off without reaching in at all.
I think for my first oil change I didn't turn the tires, but it does make it easier if you do. I still think this arrangement is one of the easier oil filter locations I've worked on. I don't understand the hate.

OP
OP
meistreguy

meistreguy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX
Vehicle Showcase
There are 3 of them. I replaced mine with some ones that are easier to remove and put back.

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
I ditched the screw in fasteners at my first oil change. Removal of those you need to be a contortionist to get them out as it’s a 2 handed removal for me. Went with the push center pin type and one handed removal now. Someone on here replaced theirs with magnets. Not a bad idea. Was just leery of doing that type of mod with snow and slush. Was thinking it might be enough to wipe it from its mount.

Stevedbvik1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Tremor XLT
Occupation
Retired
I think late 2021’s and up have 3 bolt’s with 10mm head for the flap. Super easy to change the filter

NeilP

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Tremor (SOLD 12-14-2023)
Occupation
RETIRED!
Can confirm, my 2022 has 3 bolts.
:( :( My 2022 has the cheesy plastic push pins with the screw heads. :(:( I do see bolt heads in the wheel well, but they are in the center of the wheel well opening. The 3 pins are toward the rear of the opening.

OP
OP
meistreguy

meistreguy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX
Vehicle Showcase
I ditched the screw in fasteners at my first oil change. Removal of those you need to be a contortionist to get them out as it’s a 2 handed removal for me. Went with the push center pin type and one handed removal now. Someone on here replaced theirs with magnets. Not a bad idea. Was just leery of doing that type of mod with snow and slush. Was thinking it might be enough to wipe it from its mount.
I agree, the factory ones were a pain to remove! Also, putting a leveling kit made it so much easier!

Stevedbvik1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Tremor XLT
Occupation
Retired
:( :( My 2022 has the cheesy plastic push pins with the screw heads. :(:( I do see bolt heads in the wheel well, but they are in the center of the wheel well opening. The 3 pins are toward the rear of the opening.
These are the 3 bolts you take out to get at the filter

E2DB4164-803B-42C2-8BD0-8B5583318DFC.jpeg

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Not lost any but removed the left attachment and trimmed flap...didn't need it and facilitates faster access to filter...
Sponsored