First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4, 2022 MINI JCW Hardtop
Occupation
Boeing Driver
Is it just me, or do you all find the sliding rear window seal to look a bit sketchy? At some places around the widow, the seal doesn’t appear to be flat or even touching the window. It really looks like a leak waiting to happen, yet I haven’t noticed any leaking.
Sponsored

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
Ford window Engineers will steal this idea!!! They might used it for 2023 model.
TSB string fix because customers complained about not being able to reach the rear window. Just like their TSB for the driver seat moving around. :giggle:
seat.PNG

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
I appreciate the ingenuity, but I'm just over here wishing you could do a rear window delete from the lariat.
I’m with you. 16,000 miles on my Lariat and haven’t opened the rear window yet, not even to test it.
I wish I had one so I could carry longer stuff, try carrying anything longer than 8' with the solid glass, the Home Depot runs are in the Mustang sometimes, it can carry 10' long stuff easily.
What Fitzmotor said, I stuck the top of a long branch out the rear window. Did not want to shake all the leaves as I was going to propagate it. But that was about the only time I opened it :) hehe.

T Bone

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Southern Adirondack Mountains of upstate NY
Vehicle(s)
2020 ford ranger xlt
Occupation
Retired!!!!
If you're a real Redneck you'll have your wife close it who's also your sister. :shock:
and that is one of the reasons star wars was not filmed in alabama, it would have changed the script too much such as"
"I am your father luke, I am also your uncle" and "May the force be with ya'll"
before anyone gets all pissy, remember i am from alabama, its all in fun lol

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
TSB string fix because customers complained about not being able to reach the rear window. Just like their TSB for the driver seat moving around. :giggle:
seat.PNG
Love the color choice! Thats the true fix!

staryoshi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Subaru Forester 2.5i Touring
Occupation
Data Guy
What Fitzmotor said, I stuck the top of a long branch out the rear window. Did not want to shake all the leaves as I was going to propagate it. But that was about the only time I opened it :) hehe.
To me it's just one more seal to fail and annoyance to de-ice in winter. Wouldn't ever open it, lol.

puckdodger

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Lariat 2020 SOLD Black Cadillac XT5
To me it's just one more seal to fail and annoyance to de-ice in winter. Wouldn't ever open it, lol.
I don't open mine in the winter but I like it in the summer, lean the seat back and it's an easy reach to open. It's closing it, or remembering to close it that's a problem

staryoshi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Subaru Forester 2.5i Touring
Occupation
Data Guy
I don't open mine in the winter but I like it in the summer, lean the seat back and it's an easy reach to open. It's closing it, or remembering to close it that's a problem
Guess as a crossover driver I don't see the appeal. I've never been tempted to drive with my hatch open for better airflow :)

21RangerLariat

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4 Extended Cab
Occupation
Manufacturer sales
Genius :) I've been thinking how to make it easier to use... had also looked for a screen, but I'd prefer the screen on inside and not sticking something on the outside.. I know there's one for other windows that a frame goes over the outside.