First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XL
Occupation
Electrician
Hello All, I've had this idea for a little while, and it's confusing as to why Ford didnt make it a factory option.

From what I've seen, there aren't any mods for the rear door window of a SuperCab Ranger, and I was thinking: how hard would it be to create a vent window for the rear passengers?

The only thing I can think of right now factory-wise is changing the whole rear glass to have the manual window rear glass. I'm thinking of something along the lines of the Expedition vent window.

I would love to hear your thoughts on these.
Sponsored

dstig1

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger SC XLT 4x4
It's so small by the time you get any hinge and latch on it, there wouldn't be much window left...

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
Not just the hinge and latch, but custom gasket that would need to compress just the right amount, to properly seal the window. Proper latch would have to work in conjunction with a compressible gasket to work properly. Interior trim around the area would have to be modified, and outside flange area might have to be modified to accept a gasket.
Throw enough $$$$$$$ at it and it could probably be done, but benefit would be far outweighed by cost.
I have a scab, and wouldn't think of doing this on mine. Heck, after almost 3 years of owning the Ranger, I haven't even used the rear sliding window....not once (just slide it open every few months to lube the tracks).

Last edited:

P-38Ranger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired
With my 1987 Ranger, super cab, rare in those times, I used to leave the right rear vent window, open all the time in California. In those days they didn't have cabin vents so the air would over pressurize the cab.
Looking at my current super cab, I see no need for vents, but love all ideas. . .

KJRR

First Name
KJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ford Ranger, '14 Ford Edge, '74 VW Type 181
Occupation
Professional Curmudgeon

Jedadiah

First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 XLT SuperCrew 4x2. Former '21 SuperCab Owner
My son started hating riding back in the back of my SuperCab when he was 11. It's not the lack of air flow that he has problems with.

NotBudule

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
One of the few things I miss on my old SuperCab was rolling down the rear windows...
Sponsored