Power rear sliding window

beetlespin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Supercrew FX4
To me, having the rear sliding window is useless without power. My arm isn't long enough to reach back there from the drivers seat and open it. On my old F-150 it was powered. Who else would purchase this upgrade if made avalable?
Sponsored

caprtaineddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Corvette, 2020 Ranger Lariat
I have to admit that I frequently used my power slider when I drove F-150s. It's a great feature.

Andrew

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Sport
Yup, but even still I hate how manufacturers just provide a small window opening. All trucks should be like the Tundra with the full rear window coming down. Its the biggest thing I miss about my first gen Tundra.

acsnowrider

First Name
JOHN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RANGER XLT
Occupation
RETIRED FORD ELECTRONIC/DRIVEABILITY TECH
Vehicle Showcase
To me, having the rear sliding window is useless without power. My arm isn't long enough to reach back there from the drivers seat and open it. On my old F-150 it was powered. Who else would purchase this upgrade if made avalable?
I would, because my truck is a Supercab!! Have actually been looking, but to no avail--I really miss this feature, because my 04 supercab did have one!!!:like:
Reaching it--No problem!

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Have never used it but doing a retrofit would be a great challege. Wonder if the F150 system could be adapted to the Ranger...

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

Shermy452

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2019 lariat fx4
I would do that in a heart beat. It was between the ranger and the Tacoma. Wanted the Tacoma for that main reason. But went with the ranger because of the Ecoboost. Have had some issues I need to figure out " door panel gap between from fender and door is bigger than passenger, seems to let a whistling noise through when driving" and also my seat sag :(. But I do love the Eco boost and think the truck itself is going to be a monster when done..parts are cheap. So that's nice too. Really wish there was a way to motorize it.

acsnowrider

First Name
JOHN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RANGER XLT
Occupation
RETIRED FORD ELECTRONIC/DRIVEABILITY TECH
Vehicle Showcase
Have never used it but doing a retrofit would be a great challege. Wonder if the F150 system could be adapted to the Ranger...

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Gone are the days, of changing it out in the driveway, with a buddy, and a length of nylon rope!!!

But here in our climate, it's something of real benefit!! Was wondering that same thing.:rolleyes:

DHMag

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Crew cab, 22 Wrangler Willys
There was someone in the diy section that had started some research about making his own power slider.

SafetyDan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 V2 - Ranger Lariat, FX4, 501A, Trailer Tow (Lightning Blue), V1- Lariat, FX4, 500A, Trailer Tow (Ingot Silver) <Epic Fail - Lemon>
Vehicle Showcase
There is a U.S.A. dealership that is making a Raptor Ranger with a power slider, they sent me the PN but my phone crashed and I lost the message.

John Lyman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Sport 4x2 Oxford White
Vehicle Showcase
I have it on my Ranger - I call them kid 1 & 2 :LOL: - I would love the power window as I would use it even more than I do now. I have pulled over to open it on a nice day it is one of the reasons I wanted the 301A package on my truck. I also am coming from a Jeep so I'm use to a manual rear window.

Lone

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Hot Pepper
What a trip down memory lane. On my second Ranger (1998), I had a Power Slider (C R Laurence) installed. The installer did a lousy job, but the slider was excellent. Unfortunately, they don't have one for Ranger now. On my third Ranger (2010), I had an aftermarket standard slider installed. Again, bad installation, but it had a big sliding section that was great. Alas, it was also an excellent point of entry for a local hooligan to break in, mess up my dash, and steal my Radio - $3K in damage for a radio that he could pawn for $50. Also, he left a half-eaten pear under the seat. New Ranger has the small slider that I feel safer with, but I would like it powered. If anyone comes up with a solution, let us know.

Mpro2

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger xlt
That would be the only big buck aftermarket item that I would gladly pay for. It would have to be a "full" powered window like Toyota has though....

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
I have a supercab and can just reach over to open it. Still don't because I've never really seen the point--if it's hot, I'm running the AC anyway. :like: