Power rear sliding window

dangerranger16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
I was the DIYer that did some research on a solution. No kits available unfortunately but I put together an actuator and motor from amazon. Kind of a frankenkit so to speak. While I haven't gotten around to actually completing the install since a baby and winter came, I did manage to do a quick mock up when I found a spare 30 minutes back in October. It did actually move the window but I needed to come up with a different bracket to hold the ends of the cable to each side. My 3d printer should be able to handle this once I draw something up. I have nylon filament that I am planning to use which should hold up to the extremes of temperature. Below is the actuator and motor I went with on amazon. Once the weather starts to warm up again I'll be more motivated to finish this and share the results. If it ends up working out well I'd be more than happy to try and help whoever is interested.

Edit: I should mention the motor doesn't match up perfectly with all of the mounting holes so there is a motor out there that does, it's just not that one and I haven't found it yet. However, I believe the one below matches up at two points. The gears line up well.

Sponsored

Last edited:

dangerranger16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
if this takes off like the tailgate damper as the next must have....are you prepared to make and sell kits ??
As far as providing full kits, definitely not. But I'll take any excuse to use my 3d printer lol For actuator and motor, anyone can pick those up on Amazon these days so it's a possibility I can at least provide the 3d printed parts for the extreme DIYer.

Last edited:

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I was the DIYer that did some research on a solution. No kits available unfortunately but I put together an actuator and motor from amazon. Kind of a frankenkit so to speak. While I haven't gotten around to actually completing the install since a baby and winter came, I did manage to do a quick mock up when I found a spare 30 minutes back in October. It did actually move the window but I needed to come up with a different bracket to hold the ends of the cable to each side. My 3d printer should be able to handle this once I draw something up. I have nylon filament that I am planning to use which should hold up to the extremes of temperature. Below is the actuator and motor I went with on amazon. Once the weather starts to warm up again I'll be more motivated to finish this and share the results. If it ends up working out well I'd be more than happy to try and help whoever is interested.

Edit: I should mention the motor doesn't match up perfectly with all of the mounting holes so there is a motor out there that does, it's just not that one and I haven't found it yet. However, I believe the one below matches up at two points. The gears line up well.

Hi DR16,

I am not seeing any links to the Amazon parts and would be interested in seeing them. Could you please post the links? Thanks!

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retried

dangerranger16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Hi DR16,

I am not seeing any links to the Amazon parts and would be interested in seeing them. Could you please post the links? Thanks!

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retried

Hi Phil,

Hmm, that's odd. It shows up on my end but right under here I will copy and paste the links. It may show up as an image only since that's what I'm seeing.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Phil,

Hmm, that's odd. It shows up on my end but right under here I will copy and paste the links. It may show up as an image only since that's what I'm seeing.

Hi RD16,

I just see the amazon symbol no clickable link nor a picture. Wonder if it is me or a setting. Are others seeing photos?

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired

dangerranger16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Hi RD16,

I just see the amazon symbol no clickable link nor a picture. Wonder if it is me or a setting. Are others seeing photos?

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired

Here are some screen shots that may help you do your own search directly on amazon.com.

Screen Shot 2020-03-06 at 9.26.36 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-03-06 at 9.26.44 AM.png

Last edited:

DHMag

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Crew cab, 22 Wrangler Willys
Hi RD16,

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Phil,
I see the thumbnail images which are clickable links. With the screenshot, you should be able to search Amazon using the GM part number.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase

Hounddog409

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Vehicle Showcase
I have a supercab and can just reach over to open it. Still don't because I've never really seen the point--if it's hot, I'm running the AC anyway. :like:
Yup. Easy reach in my Supercab.

15k miles. Opened it once.

btg

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
RET
Just jumping in with those of you who had Sport Tracs.... Those were the best sliders and one of the things I miss the most...Along flat folding rear seats and 4' between wheel wells!

NickTheEnforcer

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid SE Sport AWD, 2009 Dodge Ram Big Horn Crew 4x4 HEMI
Occupation
Residential Construction Project Development & Purchasing.
Yes there are

B7C4CEBF-D92C-4ABB-AA6C-7E79B91800CF.jpeg

8E8C2205-6B90-4528-9D43-F35091F6C1BE.jpeg
I lost a windshield that way once. lucky it was not my truck and I said it was a rock and offered to pay their $250 insurance deducible... Had a towel between the end and the glass. hammered the brakes and crack.

'09 Ram has sliding rear on crew cab. its great for recycling the air when someone farts! crack a front window & open slider...

r1ch999999

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer
Yesterday and today I would have loved to have been able to vent my rear window and my front to flush out the hot air. Also, no automatic down for the windows when you hold down the unlock? I didn’t know that.

PltFX4

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2109 Ranger Lariat FX4
Yesterday and today I would have loved to have been able to vent my rear window and my front to flush out the hot air. Also, no automatic down for the windows when you hold down the unlock? I didn’t know that.
Not sure if auto-down is a option or not but my 2019 Lariat has driver's door auto-down and up. The other three doors a power but manual.
Sponsored