Rear Ride height a Design defect caught tooo late?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
RangerDangerStranger

RangerDangerStranger

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier SV in Tactical Green Metallic
Occupation
Cool Dude
No, if I got lower and leveled my box rails parallel, you would see that the Frontiers were at the same height. But unfortunately, the Frontier wouldn't really be visible, and people would call me out saying "What Frontier?"
I should have gone from the Frontiers side, or shot a video showing the angle down to level. That way you would have been shut down on any response.
I did have a direct rear shot of both trucks but a light in the background messed up the exposure to a blob of black and a fuzzy orange glow.
Regardless, reading back through the posts, you picked a point of contention that doesn't exist to justify your choice, and have a poor ability to argue your choice on any ground.
To each your own, enjoy your new to you truck and you're questionable story for whatever reason you feel necessary.
Nope. I don't need to Argue, I OWNED BOTH TRUCKS, they are a Physical reality. Go find a Frontier, stick your arm over the rear bed, Do the same with yours, tell me if i'm wrong. I just did it on a Ranger parked in front of my job. Azz end also looks kinda stupid going down the road that high.
Have a good one. ?
Sponsored

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
The new Ranger has a two inch too wide design defect.
The 6G Ranger has a two inch longer wheelbase than the 5G, by extending the front axle out within close to the same overall length.

Don't know if the SuperCrew/6'box is actually coming, and what the wheelbase on it might be.

Rear track, maybe both, was widened, but I don't know how much, or if overall width was also increased on non-Raptors; it appears so on the released pics.

Order guides have gotten more difficult to get, still hoping to get the 2024 edition soon. The order banks are scheduled to open May 26, so probably May 12th for the OG's.

If history is any indication, the 2024 Build & Price on the website will be weeks after that.

NotBudule

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
"Trending Topics " on the Frontier Forum :

"Why the bed/tailgate so low ?"
"Tailgate drags ground when lowered"
"How to raise rear ride height "
"Are my arms to long ? I keep hitting them when I reach into the bed?"
"How do I shorten my arms ?"
"Goodbye ,im trading for a Ranger!"

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
The 6G Ranger has a two inch longer wheelbase than the 5G, by extending the front axle out within close to the same overall length.

Don't know if the SuperCrew/6'box is actually coming, and what the wheelbase on it might be.

Rear track, maybe both, was widened, but I don't know how much, or if overall width was also increased on non-Raptors; it appears so on the released pics.

Order guides have gotten more difficult to get, still hoping to get the 2024 edition soon. The order banks are scheduled to open May 26, so probably May 12th for the OG's.

If history is any indication, the 2024 Build & Price on the website will be weeks after that.
2 inch longer wheel base is a bigger design defect than the 2 inch wider track. Makes for bigger turning radius, less manuverable. Only people who care about overhang are off-roaders. If you need to lay a 4 foot sheet between the wheel wells, buy a full-size truck.

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
2 inch longer wheel base is a bigger design defect than the 2 inch wider track. Makes for bigger turning radius, less manuverable. Only people who care about overhang are off-roaders. If you need to lay a 4 foot sheet between the wheel wells, buy a full-size truck.
I believe that the 5G Ranger already has the shortest turning radius among midsize pickups; actually shorter than my Mariner! I speculate that the longer wb might also be to accommodate a SCrew/6'box version by moving the cab forward and increasing the rear overhang, and as you alluded to, off-roaders aren't likely to get a SCrew/6'box anyway.
The 5G box is 44.8 in between the wheelhouses. With a 2in wider track and mounting the rear shocks outboard the frame would allow for narrower wheel wells and 48 in between them, with a minimal overall width increase.
The 2023 Canyorado gm twins are Crew Cab/5' 1" box only.

The engineering is the easy part. Convincing Kristi that we should trade in the "keep for 20 years" 2021 on a '24 is the bigger challenge!

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
I believe that the 5G Ranger already has the shortest turning radius among midsize pickups; actually shorter than my Mariner! I speculate that the longer wb might also be to accommodate a SCrew/6'box version by moving the cab forward and increasing the rear overhang, and as you alluded to, off-roaders aren't likely to get a SCrew/6'box anyway.
The 5G box is 44.8 in between the wheelhouses. With a 2in wider track and mounting the rear shocks outboard the frame would allow for narrower wheel wells and 48 in between them, with a minimal overall width increase.
The 2023 Canyorado gm twins are Crew Cab/5' 1" box only.
The 2 inch WB was to move the front axle forward, to increase approach angle. Something to only off-roaders care about. Might have also been to fit a bigger engine in. Again something only certain people really care about.

IF. And that is still a big IF, they make a SCREW 6 foot bed model they will need to run it on a extended frame, there goes more manuverability. Probably at least 10 inches longer WB. And they are not changing the cab for one model and off course not shrinking the crew cab. Why do we need a full-size box on a mid-size truck. I'll tell you, it's bcause a full size truck got too big for what people need 90% of the time. But, they always seem to want that little inch or two. Give them that inch and they want a foot. Now park that semi in your garage!

Both my 4G and my 5G Rangers have both carried as many 4x8 sheets as I've ever needed just fine. I stand by my statement. If you need to carry that many 4x8 sheets that often, buy a full size truck.

Keep a mid-size mid-sized! I know it's only an inch or two, but they eventually add up. Look at how big the F150 has gotten. That's why everyone is buying mid-size, full-size got too big.

End of rant!

myothercarizahearse

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX 4x4 w/ GFC V2, 1987 Caddy hearse
Occupation
Unretired
So if you turn the Bilsteins upside down does it lower the bed height? Asking for a friend. :facepalm:
on another thread somebody else used ratchet straps to compress them

Status
Not open for further replies.