Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Folks,

Well this is embarrassing, but I had previously stated with a build date of 1/22, I had only 4 tiedowns. I do have six..somehow I overlooked them as they were very heavily coated with the spray in liner. The center ones are there, so my mistake...Sorry!

best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired.

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
IMO, 6 tie downs is at least a consolation prize for not having stake pockets like every truck from the last 50 years... I thought they would just be blanked off, and I could just pop them out if I needed to use them, but upon further inspection, they just aren't there in any usable fashion.

Maybe the bean counters did a study which concluded that only 1 in 10 would ever tie anything down in their new truck, and decided to remove them for cost savings...

Maybe we can start a 300+ post thread for aftermarket tie down options? Maybe the aftermarket will come up with something good before Christmas.

My build is pretty early, (think 2018) and I have all 6 as well. I've even used them all at the same time when I was transporting a gigantic BBQ which extended past the tailgate and was taller than the cab.

hamiltop

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4x2
Can anyone tell me what kind of machine screws they use? I'm trying with the idea of making my own hooks since mine only came with 4.

Caliope

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger CC 4WD Lariat, 2022 Bronco Sport OB
Can anyone tell me what kind of machine screws they use? I'm trying with the idea of making my own hooks since mine only came with 4.
They are M8-1.25

Fawnbuster

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired 34 years as LEO
Vehicle Showcase
I had a long piece of leftover ratchet strap, so I cut it into 6 equal lengths and tied a knot in each then I ran the loop thru the tie downs and back thru each loop. Did it so the knot is on the oem tie-down. This way I can find it easier in the dark or with a large load and hook a strap to the loop. One times when I had to remove an item and re tighten a strap I ran the loop thru the hole on the hook of the ratchet strap then over the hook. Then all that needs messed with is s in your hands at the ratchet.

da808moto

First Name
Wi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Supercab XLT
Purchased my XLT SuperCab last week, I only have 4 tie down hooks, missing the center one. Is only $9 each I don't really mind paying, I was kinda MAD when i found out they are in back order, Hope I can get some compensation from FORD

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
Purchased my XLT SuperCab last week, I only have 4 tie down hooks, missing the center one. Is only $9 each I don't really mind paying, I was kinda MAD when i found out they are in back order, Hope I can get some compensation from FORD
I’m sure you could probably get your $18 back if you asked since as others have mentioned the truck is advertised to have six, but that’s likely all you’d get from them. When I told my dealer they just took two out of another truck and put them in mine.

TheLoneRider

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4, 2018 Escape Titanium, 2017 Mustang GT Convertible
My Lariat SCrew, build date 6/10/19 has all six

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
My Lariat SCrew, build date 6/10/19 has all six
My XL SuperCab build date is 07/19/19 it has 4, the center ones are missing.

I have the Ford ToughBed liner though and they sprayed it into the tapped holes. Any "easy" way to get the liner material out of the holes without screwing up the threads?

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
My XL SuperCab build date is 07/19/19 it has 4, the center ones are missing.

I have the Ford ToughBed liner though and they sprayed it into the tapped holes. Any "easy" way to get the liner material out of the holes without screwing up the threads?
My Line-X was sprayed over the holes and only two of the twelve caused problems. I ended up scraping the worst away with a utility knife then I ran a tap through the hole to clean the threads up.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Your truck and myself share the same birthday!
That's my girlfriends birthday too.

Mine was built on 6/12/19 so I guess if there are any problems/recalls we're in the same build batch. I have all 6 tie downs.

RavenRanger19

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Mine only had 4. The tie downs in the middle were not there. The dealership said it was "optional" even though we couldn't find a truck on the lot that didn't have the middle tie downs. They were unable to provide me with any.

weasel1

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Lighting Blue FX4 w/302A
Occupation
Nuclear Operator
Status
Not open for further replies.