First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Engineer
This forum has been splendid to me, and almost everyone on here has been fantastic. I won't be deactivating my account, but I will be logging in much less frequently.

My 2020 had a trifecta of issues right after 36k miles that wouldnt be covered by warranty, or would result in an engine that I don't trust anymore, so I decided to dump it. (Stuck in defrost, electrical issue that I have already dumped too much money into diagnosing, and most recently an engine that seems to really like drinking coolant.) The last issue I know WOULD still be under warranty, but I dont want to fight with ford on a head fix, as we all know how terrible Ford service is to deal with, and they told me there'd be no fix until a full failure.

I moved to the dark side and am in a Toyota now, I do too much late night & long distance driving to be caught stranded, and my ranger lost my trust. The 2.3 & 10sp were both WAY nicer than the lazy and lethargic setup this truck has, but at least I know I wont be at the dealer every month.

I wish you all the best, and hope you all have better luck than me! See you around the bend!

P.S. For all you Front Range Colorado & Anybody between Denver & Bozeman Montana on I25 & I90, I have a whole hell of a lot of accessories to get rid of. Extra Lariat wheels with NEW winter tires on them, the topper in my photo, a rubber bed mat, old headlights, etc... that I'm be more than happy to give a fellow forum member a deal on. DM if interested in anything
Sponsored

Last edited:

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
This forum has been splendid to me, and almost everyone on here has been fantastic. I won't be deactivating my account, but I will be logging in much less frequently.

My
Damn man, your good bye thread is like a M. Night Shyamalan cliff-hanger.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase

Friday yet?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Tremor, Focus ST
Occupation
Corporate drone. Dilbert's world is alive & well.

My 2020 had a trifecta of issues right after 36k miles that wouldnt be covered by warranty, or would result in an engine that I don't trust anymore, so I decided to dump it. (Stuck in defrost, electrical issue that I have already dumped too much money into diagnosing, and most recently an engine that seems to really like drinking coolant.) The last issue I know WOULD still be under warranty, but I dont want to fight with ford on a head fix, as we all know how terrible Ford service is to deal with, and they told me there'd be no fix until a full failure.

I moved to the dark side and am in a Toyota now, I do too much late night & long distance driving to be caught stranded, and my ranger lost my trust. The 2.3 & 10sp were both WAY nicer than the lazy and lethargic setup this truck has, but at least I know I wont be at the dealer every month.

I wish you all the best, and hope you all have better luck than me! See you around the bend!

P.S. For all you Front Range Colorado & Anybody between Denver & Bozeman Montana on I25 & I90, I have a whole hell of a lot of accessories to get rid of. Extra Lariat wheels with NEW winter tires on them, the topper in my photo, a rubber bed mat, old headlights, etc... that I'm be more than happy to give a fellow forum member a deal on. DM if interested in anything
Sorry to hear it man. But really hope the Toyota treats you right. Wish you nothing but the best!

While I am a Ford fan through and through, I do understand your decision.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Sorry you had so many issues with your Ranger. Quality control is lacking everywhere now and hopefully one day you'll find yourself back in one. Good luck with your Toyota and hope it serves you well!