DIYAndy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford 2019 Ranger XL
Occupation
Content Provider For SPAM
Vehicle Showcase
How many truck bed tiedowns are in the new 2019 Ford Ranger?
My planned use, for this truck, is for work and not hauling around some kayak.;)

MT19RANGER

First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Oilfield Service Company Area Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase
How many truck bed tiedowns are in the new 2019 Ford Ranger?
My planned use, for this truck, is for work and not hauling around some kayak.;)
Looks like 6 in most of the pics.

RangerCat

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
After using mine for a while, I have decided that I need additional tie-downs. I think the placement of the factory tie-downs is a bit goofy. I'd like the new ones to match what I already have there but I can't find them. Anybody know where they are available?

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
After using mine for a while, I have decided that I need additional tie-downs. I think the placement of the factory tie-downs is a bit goofy. I'd like the new ones to match what I already have there but I can't find them. Anybody know where they are available?
The truck could really use some high mounted ones as well. The problem with adding any is whether there's anything to bolt into--the inner wall of the bed isn't strong enough by itself.

Deleted member 773

We ran into the same issue on the new super duties, ended up cutting out and threading large backing plates, fishing them up in between the bed and body, and through bolting. So far so issues with pulling through or bending the bed.

DHMag

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Crew cab, 22 Wrangler Willys
I used Bullring tie downs on my Colorado. Doesn't look like they're available for the new Ranger though.

Edit: I just spoke with Bullring and they are working on the tie downs for the Ranger this week.

Last edited:

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
I used Bullring tie downs on my Colorado. Doesn't look like they're available for the new Ranger though.

Edit: I just spoke with Bullring and they are working on the tie downs for the Ranger this week.
On a related issue, what kind of ropes or bungee cords do you use to tie stuff down in the bed? I am new to this--the Ranger will be my second Ford but first truck--and there all kinds of things advertised on Amazon.com and other sites, but what do you guys actually use?

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
On a related issue, what kind of ropes or bungee cords do you use to tie stuff down in the bed? I am new to this--the Ranger will be my second Ford but first truck--and there all kinds of things advertised on Amazon.com and other sites, but what do you guys actually use?
ratchet straps for heavier loads, smaller lashing straps for lighter loads.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
A spider net is great for all sorts of loads. For heavier stuff, the ratchet straps are probably the best alternative. Sometimes I will use them both.

The spider web net would be something like this (there are a million variations):

https://www.amazon.com/8011101-Spidy-Cargo-Black-80111-01/dp/B000CEBX50

DHMag

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Crew cab, 22 Wrangler Willys
I would only recommend using rachet straps at the factory tie downs. I use quick cinch(motorcycle straps) mostly. I used a spider net in the Colorado but it had 9 aftermarket bull rings. I only use bungees when I am tarping the load. I don't carry it in the truck all the time though, as I plan in advance what I'll be hauling or towing. I only carry rope for emergency. Well, I also have a tow rope stored in the truck.

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
I would only recommend using rachet straps at the factory tie downs. I use quick cinch(motorcycle straps) mostly. I used a spider net in the Colorado but it had 9 aftermarket bull rings. I only use bungees when I am tarping the load. I don't carry it in the truck all the time though, as I plan in advance what I'll be hauling or towing. I only carry rope for emergency. Well, I also have a tow rope stored in the truck.
Thanks so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.