Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 SCrew
Occupation
COO
Vehicle Showcase
Ranger Leveling Kit Ford Performance Parts 2.jpg

https://media.ford.com/content/ford.../ford-ranger-f150-off-road-leveling-kits.html

FORD RANGER AND F-150 OWNERS GET A LIFT WITH FIRST-EVER FORD PERFORMANCE OFF-ROAD LEVELING KITS WITH TUNED SUSPENSION

September 18, 2019

DEARBORN, Mich., Sept. 18, 2019 – For the first time ever, Ford Performance Parts is offering after-purchase leveling kits for Ford Ranger and Ford F-150 for even better off-road performance and greater vehicle customization.

“Ford Performance Parts developed these kits to make the off-road experience even better for our Ranger and F-150 customers,” said Eric Cin, global director, Ford Vehicle Personalization and Accessories. “Truck customers are asking for options for increased capability and customization, and the new leveling suspension kits for Ranger and F-150 deliver on that need.”

The majority of Ranger and F-150 trucks are purchased with four-wheel drive, and for those who want to go further, the leveling kits will enable off-road explorers to venture into even more challenging terrain. Beyond adding additional ground clearance, off-road performance is improved with Ford truck-optimized FOX™ shocks.

The dealer-installed off-road leveling kits for Ranger and F-150 include:

• New aluminum FOX shock bodies are designed to provide ample cooling capacity over rough terrain
  • New front coilover springs deliver optimal spring rate
  • Vehicle-specific upper front mounts with polyurethane bushings work to help isolate noise and vibration
  • 2-inch front lift levels the truck from front to rear
Ford Performance engineers worked with FOX to develop unique internal valving for the shocks to deliver confident performance and predictable handling both off-road and on the pavement.

With kit installation, both Ranger and F-150 see improvements to front ground clearance, approach and breakover angles, based on internal Ford computer generated engineering simulations. Ranger sees an approximate 21 percent increase in approach angle and a 10 percent increase in breakover angle. F-150 with a 145-inch wheelbase sees an approximate 22 percent increase in approach angle and 7 percent increase in breakover angle.

Development and testing for the leveling kits included high-speed off-roading in Borrego, California, and low-speed rock-crawling in Arizona to optimize for a variety of off-road driving experiences.

“The elevated off-road geometry, paired with Ford Performance tuning, makes this a really unique offering,” said Cin. “The secret sauce to this kit is in the Ford Performance tuning. This suspension and its tuning are designed to improve off-road handling and responsiveness, specifically for Ranger and F-150.”

These new offerings are available through Ford dealers for $1,495 before installation. The kits are designed to be installed at the dealer on any four-wheel-drive 2019 Ranger or four-wheel-drive 2015-19 F-150. Kits come with a Ford Performance Parts limited warranty. See a Ford dealer for details.

Ranger Leveling Kit Ford Performance Parts 1.jpg

Ranger Leveling Kit Ford Performance Parts 3.jpg
Ranger Leveling Kit Ford Performance Parts 4.jpg

Ranger Leveling Kit Ford Performance Parts 2.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

doug910

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger, '02 BMW 540i
Occupation
Engineer
I wonder if there will be warranty for self installed suspensions using this kit...

Either way, $1495 is a solid deal. I think I might have to do this!

BcP28

First Name
Bennett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F150, 2015 Ford Edge Sport
Occupation
Engineer
Ford just announced today that they are offering a Ford Performance engineering and tuned leveling kit for Ranger and F150.

https://www.at.ford.com/en/homepage/news-and-clipsheet/news/2019/9/leveling-suspension.html

From the article:

"The majority of Ranger and F-150 trucks are purchased with four-wheel drive, and for those who want to go further, the leveling kits will enable off-road explorers to venture into even more challenging terrain. Beyond adding additional ground clearance, off-road performance is improved with Ford truck-optimized FOX™ shocks.

The dealer-installed off-road leveling kits for Ranger and F-150 include:

· New aluminum FOX shock bodies are designed to provide ample cooling capacity over rough terrain

· New front coilover springs deliver optimal spring rate

· Vehicle-specific upper front mounts with polyurethane bushings work to help isolate noise and vibration

· 2-inch front lift levels the truck from front to rear

Ford Performance engineers worked with FOX to develop unique internal valving for the shocks to deliver confident performance and predictable handling both off-road and on the pavement.

With kit installation, both Ranger and F-150 see improvements to front ground clearance, approach and breakover angles. Ranger sees an approximate 21 percent increase in approach angle and a 10 percent increase in breakover angle. F-150 with a 145-inch wheelbase sees an approximate 22 percent increase in approach angle and 7 percent increase in breakover angle."

"These new offerings are available through Ford dealers for $1,495 before installation. The kits are designed to be installed at the dealer on any four-wheel-drive 2019 Ranger or four-wheel-drive 2015-19 F-150. Kits come with a Ford Performance Parts limited warranty. See a Ford dealer for details."

bacon4bfast

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 302A
I wonder how different these will be from the FX4 suspension on my truck.. Really interested!

DannyL

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT CA Special. Ordering a Ranger Lariat FX2 Supercab in February 2020

Protomeister

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat - black/ebony with BAP
Phil S., I'd be interested in your opinion on this new kit. Saw your comments in the other thread discussing spacers vs. shocks. What could we assume in terms of performance and reliability, if this is being officially offered through Ford?

Always appreciate your insights and experience.

j0shm1lls

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger SCrew Lariat FX4 Sport
Vehicle Showcase

Wes Siler

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Website
WesSiler.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2020 Toyota Land Cruiser
Occupation
Writer
I'm pretty sure these are just the FOX 2.0 coilovers that are already available just set to 2" of lift - aren't they? Maybe with some custom FP tuning?
https://www.stage3motorsports.com/9...0-IFP-Performance-Front-Coilovers-3-Lift.html for example.
Yeah, that's exactly what they are. There's nothing new here, just by offering them in its parts catalog, you'll be able to roll these into the finance payments on a new truck. Honestly, if you don't NEED to do that, you're probably still way better off going aftermarket, and getting upper control arms, rear springs, etc.

doug910

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger, '02 BMW 540i
Occupation
Engineer
Yeah, that's exactly what they are. There's nothing new here, just by offering them in its parts catalog, you'll be able to roll these into the finance payments on a new truck. Honestly, if you don't NEED to do that, you're probably still way better off going aftermarket, and getting upper control arms, rear springs, etc.
One benefit though is that you get warranty by buying from Ford Performance - might not be a huge deal, but if you break something while off road, you might be able to get it fixed for free.

The Fox coilover leveling kit is what I would probably buy (front coilovers and rear struts), but I also kind of want to wait for Old Man Emu to come out with something. A rear leaf spring pack would be sweet.

BDoc

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4 SCrew
Occupation
US Air Force, retired; now Civil Service (USAF)
Vehicle Showcase
Nice option that I may be interested in as well.

Wes Siler

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Website
WesSiler.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2020 Toyota Land Cruiser
Occupation
Writer
One benefit though is that you get warranty by buying from Ford Performance - might not be a huge deal, but if you break something while off road, you might be able to get it fixed for free.

The Fox coilover leveling kit is what I would probably buy (front coilovers and rear struts), but I also kind of want to wait for Old Man Emu to come out with something. A rear leaf spring pack would be sweet.
Icon has a rear spring pack coming out in like a month.
Sponsored