First Name
Juvenile
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger FX STX FX4
Occupation
None of your business
Yeah, I also agree. Who is the miscreant that's going around telling everyone to overfill their engines with as much oil as possible? Wow, are they really also saying to use as high a viscosity oil as they can possibly find?

Tell me who it is and I'll help you guys levy a personal attack against them.

Somebody has to do something.
Sponsored

txquailguy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Lariat - 2020 Hyundai Kona Ultimate
Occupation
Biologist
Vehicle Showcase
Oil threads digress quickly in here…?

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Yeah, I also agree. Who is the miscreant that's going around telling everyone to overfill their engines with as much oil as possible? Wow, are they really also saying to use as high a viscosity oil as they can possibly find?

Tell me who it is and I'll help you guys levy a personal attack against them.

Somebody has to do something.
Well I wouldn't advise doing that.:facepalm:

TheRealStreetcommander

First Name
Juvenile
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger FX STX FX4
Occupation
None of your business
The best part of oil threads, is how they spiral out of control so quickly. It's more contentious that politics and religion. Thankfully, smart people can read through the noise and gather some good data to make their own choices. If we can mildly entertain them during the process --mission success.

airline tech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat-Super Crew, Cactus Gray
Occupation
Aircraft Tech
True story - when working automotive- car came in on a tow truck - owner (young woman) did her own oil change. She filled it to full - as she was told to do.
She took full to mean - until she could see oil at the top of the oil fill port - hence why it was towed in- would not start
I don’t remember how much she actually got in it - but pull drain plug and it kept coming- refilled it with 4.5 qts - started but smoked like hell for a while - sugested plugs to be changed - and she was on her way

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
The best part of oil threads, is how they spiral out of control so quickly. It's more contentious that politics and religion. Thankfully, smart people can read through the noise and gather some good data to make their own choices. If we can mildly entertain them during the process --mission success.
Unlike someone on here many of us actually have a life and dont go trolling others like a previously banned member.

But what do i know? I'm just a certified Ford Mechanic?‍♂

Last edited:

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
True story - when working automotive- car came in on a tow truck - owner (young woman) did her own oil change. She filled it to full - as she was told to do.
She took full to mean - until she could see oil at the top of the oil fill port - hence why it was towed in- would not start
I don’t remember how much she actually got in it - but pull drain plug and it kept coming- refilled it with 4.5 qts - started but smoked like hell for a while - sugested plugs to be changed - and she was on her way
WAIT .......you mean the fill mark is NOT at the top of the filler tube ?????

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
WAIT .......you mean the fill mark is NOT at the top of the filler tube ?????
The closest thing I had happen was a guy thinking the oil pressure gauge was the oil level gauge. He kept putting oil in it and the gauge wouldn't go up. He was confused and brought it in for an oil change we had fun explaining afterwards LOL

IdahoRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
RETIRED
The closest thing I had happen was a guy thinking the oil pressure gauge was the oil level gauge. He kept putting oil in it and the gauge wouldn't go up. He was confused and brought it in for an oil change we had fun explaining afterwards LOL
You definitely could have sold him some blinker fluid.?

Wytchdctr

First Name
Doug P.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT
Occupation
Retired Military/HR Manager
I'd like to see the peer reviewed journals/documentation that definitively says overfilling with an oil way thicker than recommended is a good idea.

Demand proof and provide none... hmm. Previously banned troll that finally learned what a VPN is?

My evidence is semi bullshit because no videos, pics, etc. When I was young and dumb I put a quart and a bit too much in an LTD and it curned it to foam on a long highway drive. Amazingly the 5.0 still ran for a long time after that....... but it didn't see another oil change.

txquailguy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Lariat - 2020 Hyundai Kona Ultimate
Occupation
Biologist
Vehicle Showcase
For all the contention you would think oil issues would have caused all kinds of problems with our Ranger engines.....

Crickets..... :wink: