Potential "Class Action" Incoming? (Attorney Solicitation I received on 2021/01/07)

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 SCrew
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
So I received the following attorney solicitation letter this week and thought it was pertinent to post here. I know there have been people who have had issues (ie - Fuel in Oil threads). Personally I've been relatively trouble free.

2021-01-08 14_05_29-Scan.PDF - Foxit Reader.png

Below is a copy/paste from my scan of above:
Our investigation has revealed that a number of consumers who own or lease 2017 -2020 Ford Trucks may have
experienced any of the following problems with their vehicles, including:
  • o Transmission Problems (e.g. harsh shifts, jerking, hesitation on acceleration, lunging, etc.)
  • o Engine Problems (e.g. stalling, loss of power, illumination of the check engine light, engine failure, oil leaks, rough running, etc.)
  • o Electrical Problems (e.g. 02 sensor failure, power steering problems, failure to start, cruise control malfunctions, infotainment system malfunctions, etc.)
If you have made warranty repair visits for one or more of these-or any other-problems with your vehicle,
under California's Lemon Laws, you may be eligible for a refund, a replacement, or a cash settlement. You may
still have a claim even if you no longer own the vehicle.
About us
  • o We are a law firm that represents California consumers in claims against vehicle manufacturers and
  • dealers.
    o The founder of our law firm used to represent a major vehicle manufacturer-now he wants to help you.
  • o We get paid fees and costs only if you win!
  • o We have over a99Yo success rate!
For a free consultation, please call us at 888-SLP-LEMON (888-757-5366) or visit our website at
www.slplemon.com.
By contacting SLP, you agree to the terms of Your Privacy Rights (see, https://www.slpattomey.com/privac)'-policy/) concerning the
collection of your contact information and use of your personal information to contact you regarding your potential lemon law claim. If
you do not want to be contacted again, please call us at 1-888-757-5366, or send an email to [email protected]
Sponsored

Leftcoast

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Crewcab
I often wonder how low you would need to go to be an ambulance chaser type of attorney. It's like the dude on the corner asking for change. Somewhere at sometime he crossed that line where begging became acceptable.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
So I received the following attorney solicitation letter this week and thought it was pertinent to post here. I know there have been people who have had issues (ie - Fuel in Oil threads). Personally I've been relatively trouble free.

I love the class action law suite. We gat paid millions while you get pennies on the dollar! :devil:

OP
OP
Gizmokid2005

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 SCrew
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
FISHING EXPEDITION........
That's what it feels like to me as well.
2017-2020 makes me think they meant F-150's? Interested to see the details, I am another person with zero troubles at all.
Also kind of what I was thinking, but who even knows anymore.
I often wonder how low you would need to go to be an ambulance chaser type of attorney. It's like the dude on the corner asking for change. Somewhere at sometime he crossed that line where begging became acceptable.
The kinds of people that give all of them a bad name for sure.
I love the class action law suite. We gat paid millions while you get pennies on the dollar! :devil:
Agreed! It's always that way and yet nothing really seems to change.
Haha, truth.

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase

Either fishing or phishing, can't tell which....

Kevreh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat RWD
I think the letter is from a desperate law firm trolling for something. If theres issue I have faith Ford will address them. I have to say as previous owners of a diesel VW, iirc it was someone who brought the case to court and eventually got VW to do a buyback (or get your VW fixed if you chose at the time). So not all legal proceedings are frivolous, especially if the car company can make the fix.

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
The problem is there are now so many lawyers out there, as no one really wants to work these days, that they have nothing to do. So, chasing ambulances is the only way to make money. The lawyers get millions, the plaintiff's gets pennies, and the consumers pay the entire cost.

As the old joke at my department went:

Do you know what they call a bus load of attorney's going over a cliff?

A start...............

racinteach

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford ranger
Funny thing, when I bought my truck, a friend came over and saw it then asked how it was going so far? I said pretty good so far.. He asked again, no issue with the transmission? I said not yet, he said oh!, my friend was an engineer on those transmissions, and he made a face.. it got me wondering ..

Last edited:

Radioman

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x2, 2017 Toyota Limited Highlander w/Platinum Pkg., 2012 Jeep JK Rubicon
Occupation
Retired RF Telecommications Manager
I have purchased only new vehicles for the last 40 years or so. No matter who the manufacturer is, I normally receive such a letter concerning some supposed major defect (in fact I received the letter the OP listed). I consider this to be a fishing expedition as Paul mentioned above. No wonder lawyers, in general, have such a poor reputation.
Sponsored