First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Thats what i plan to run. i have the bilsteins waiting yo go on. problem here is cold weather drops my mpg by 2 if its freezing or worse
While not as cold here I still lose close to 1 mpg during the winter. I was going to go with 33's originally as I do like the look better but being my DD I still anted to have good gas mileage. Plus the off roading that I've done these work out great. Looking forward to seeing yours done up.
Sponsored

RoadBoss

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TJAoutfitters.com
Vehicle(s)
95 Isuzu trooper, AE86 corolla, 19 ranger XL
Occupation
video/film, small business owner
I went from factory XL 16" tires to 235/85 Cooper ST maxx. E rated, 51 lbs (also on heavy steel wheels). I swapped them out the 2nd day i had the truck, so no previous results.

When the truck was still stock otherwise, I was regularly getting 25mpg on the highway(even averaged 27 once over a 80 mile stretch), and around 20-21 around town.

This is during the summer, and driving casually while keeping fuel mileage in mind.

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
I was looking at 255-75-17 but i could only find LT rated in that size. Seems like all the LT tires are over 50 lbs an i see a few at 40 lbs or less in 265-70-17

OP
OP
NvrFinished

NvrFinished

First Name
Shea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT 4x4 Rapid Red
I was looking at 255-75-17 but i could only find LT rated in that size. Seems like all the LT tires are over 50 lbs an i see a few at 40 lbs or less in 265-70-17
The LT255/75R17/C BFG K02 is 46 lbs.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
IIRC my Ridge Grapplers are 43.65 Lbs. I bought them here at Tire Buyer.

OP
OP
NvrFinished

NvrFinished

First Name
Shea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT 4x4 Rapid Red
That's actually not that heavy for a LT tire. :like:
Yeah, it's one size I'm seriously considering since it's not real wide and slightly taller than a 265/70R17 by about 1/2". It's either that or bite the bullet and go with 285/70R17.

Robisten8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4WD, 2021 Bronco Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I'd rather know who doesn't care about gas mileage. I didn't even know what I was getting before I installed the tires.

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
I'd rather know who doesn't care about gas mileage. I didn't even know what I was getting before I installed the tires.

I wish i could just drive the hell out of it an not worry about it but I can't. Maybe when it' paid off I can. I don't drive any less I just watch what I add that hurts what I get an drive a little shower that I did (especially go to work, no hurry there). I'd been out of the truck/suv world for 15 years an I got used to 30+ overall in my cars. Once i used to 20 overall I might chill on it too.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I honestly do it because I'm super OCD and just like to know. Plus it's like a game on certain trips to see if I can beet my record best. :giggle:

RoadBoss

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TJAoutfitters.com
Vehicle(s)
95 Isuzu trooper, AE86 corolla, 19 ranger XL
Occupation
video/film, small business owner
Fuel mileage is also related to the condition of your vehicle, and how far you can go before refilling. So if you ever go on long trips, it's kinda important, whether or not you actually care about the environment or spending lots of extra money on fuel costs, or whatever else.

Straitbad01

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger STX 4x4
Occupation
Machinist
Vehicle Showcase
Bone stock STX 4x4 was getting 24 mpg combined pretty consistently, hand calculated. Computer mpg has never been correct on this pick-up.
Now with Icon coilovers and shocks all the way around + leveled, also Motegi Trailite wheels and Dick Cepek Trail Country EXP LT265/70/17 weighing 53 lbs each. I'm now getting about 19 combined, hand calculated as well. I calibrated speedo as well with ForScan using the tire circumference method.
Kind of regret going the LT tire route, might switch to ridge grappler or wildpeak at3's in single load to get the weight down per tire a bunch.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Bone stock STX 4x4 was getting 24 mpg combined pretty consistently, hand calculated. Computer mpg has never been correct on this pick-up.
Now with Icon coilovers and shocks all the way around + leveled, also Motegi Trailite wheels and Dick Cepek Trail Country EXP LT265/70/17 weighing 53 lbs each. I'm now getting about 19 combined, hand calculated as well. I calibrated speedo as well with ForScan using the tire circumference method.
Kind of regret going the LT tire route, might switch to ridge grappler or wildpeak at3's in single load to get the weight down per tire a bunch.
Those LT tires are heavier but if you haul heavy stuff or tow a lot I would keep them on. I don't do either andI have the Ridge Grapplers and really like them. You can see my average mpg below in my sig (21.8) and I do a combined 65/35 city/highway driving. Getting the Livernois tune has helped increase mine about 2 mpg.

DT444T

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Sport 4x4 Lariat - Saber
Occupation
I'm fly. I'm pilot.

Hounddog409

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Vehicle Showcase
how the heck are you getting 26? we have never gotten close to that, even with stock truck, stock wheels, tonneau, cruise control on 70, unloaded all highway, not passing people.

ive heard folks talk about a tune helping mpg a few times. im interested. by my napkin math (using data from my truck and local 87 octane gas) a 500$ tune that improves mpg by 2 mpg would pay itself back after 42k miles driving. but the livernois site doesnt mention anything about mpg, just performance improvements, and we are quite satisified with the performance stock.
Before I installed the Livernois tune, and before winter, I averaged 26.4 mag.

With the tune and cold weather I am at 24.
Sponsored