First Name
Clifford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL
Occupation
Jet Mechanic
First time I have seen anyone with tge Deaver trying to articulate(not many on here shownthat to begin with). That said it would be nice to show measurements
see… first time you’ve seen anyone post about the deavers and and explaining how they get more travel but yet you try to state “facts” on shit you know nothing about! Why do you do that? Spreading misinformation about other types of suspensions you’ve never ran before or seen in person…. Just look at his first pic of the stock leaf and deaver side by side. You can see the difference in thickness between the stock mono lower and the deaver and can tell the deaver uses a thinner leaf. Where as earlier you stated they are the same thickness

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
see… first time you’ve seen anyone post about the deavers and and explaining how they get more travel but yet you try to state “facts” on shit you know nothing about! Why do you do that? Spreading misinformation about other types of suspensions you’ve never ran before or seen in person…. Just look at his first pic of the stock leaf and deaver side by side. You can see the difference in thickness between the stock mono lower and the deaver and can tell the deaver uses a thinner leaf. Where as earlier you stated they are the same thickness
Why, you might ask?

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Because it's Frenchy. He is enamored with all things ARB. So much so that he continues to stalk a forum for a truck he totaled months ago trying to sell their wares.

20XLRangerFraptor

First Name
Clifford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL
Occupation
Jet Mechanic
Loo
Why, you might ask?

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Because it's Frenchy. He is enamored with all things ARB. So much so that he continues to stalk a forum for a truck he totaled months ago trying to sell their wares.
king back in this thread where did Frenchy go?? Lol all his posts are gone

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Milkman
Loo

king back in this thread where did Frenchy go?? Lol all his posts are gone
:LOL:

That means he blocked you.

If you want to keep up with his bullshit you'll have to log out.

Don't worry he blocked me too. Apparently it's that time of the month

Last edited:

Count Desmondo

First Name
Desmondo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Supercab
In general I got the entire lift kit. From stock it lifted the front 2.4 inches and the rear 1.6 inches. Old Man EMU is the only one at this time that I am aware of that offers a leaf that will increase travel while maintaining or add ins some load capacity to the rear(more of how much you can carry while maintaining lift). Towing is no problem at all. With the right toung load The truck will sit level. The ride quality was night and day. Control OffRoad was great. I actually had more articulation vs those who chose a leveling kit or lift with blocks. I already plan to go with the same brand on my 1993 Pathfinder.

Icon may improve ride, but it lowers load capacity of the truck. With its highest load setting it has a lower load limit then the basic Old Man EMU leaf. They even claim its ok to go to the lowest setting. Well if you plan to tow you don't want to do that as the rear will squat bad!! Oh and the Icon Leaf does not add any lift until you put it in the highest load form.

Deaver leafs. An interesting topic. To start these leafs will not increase your travel. They actually take away travel in the rear. How is that you ask? Simple, its due to the amount of Leafs in one Leaf Pack. The OEM leaf packs have 2 leafs. The Deavers have 10 per pack. One leaf is about 1/8th thick. So OEM is 1/4 and Deaver is 1 1/4 thick. That said if you go through APG they will give you a shorter bump stop to help with this. How much shorter is it you ask? No idea but if someone on here was kind enough to share that would be nice. Also what suprised me the most is how the leaf provides a comfortable ride. Why am I suprised? Simply due to how many leafs are in one Leaf Pack. Normally you would not see that except on a heavy duty vehicle, so I still have a hard time wrapping my head around it.

That is my input on the 3 and hope that helps.

Pictures include 32 and 33 inch tires installed along with Towing 5,500 LBS with no air springs of sorts

0803201851.jpg

0529211359a_HDR.jpg

0509201243.jpg
Here's a question. Did you have to mess with the oem sway bar links? I was told by a dealer (months later after they installed) that I needed to have extended sway bar links for Ford/Fox kit set at 2 inches. Links that they couldn't find and that I would have to provide....

Really like the look of your truck with the OME kit and the comparison between the 2 size tires.

Reactions: Doc

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
Here's a question. Did you have to mess with the oem sway bar links? I was told by a dealer (months later after they installed) that I needed to have extended sway bar links for Ford/Fox kit set at 2 inches. Links that they couldn't find and that I would have to provide....

Really like the look of your truck with the OME kit and the comparison between the 2 size tires.
Never had a problem with the sway bar at all with my lift kit that was installed. Mind you it lifted the front by 2.4 in

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Milkman

Sway bar endlinks are not needed for 2" of lift up front.

Here are the directions for the FP Fox kit. Straight from Ford.

Attachments

Reactions: Doc

Colo_Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase

I couldn't get my end links to bolt to the knuckle when I installed the Eibach. I ended up taking my sway bar off.
Sponsored