Phone Mount

kjbeggs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4
Curious, do y'all have CarPlay / Android Auto?

My phone doesn't need to be in sight, but I do wish there was a more snug place to put it, as it slides around a bit in the lower console.
I just stand mine up between the emergency brake and the side of the console
Sponsored

Roofhopper

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
HVAC Service Manager
Vehicle Showcase
In all of these photos I see the large touchscreen which makes me think all of you have android auto or CarPlay. How is a phone mount necessary at all when the screen becomes your phone screen?
I like to use a phone mount in addition to my large display for 2 main reasons. 1. I have personal phone and work phone plus wifeā€™s phone if sheā€™s with me and that leads to more clutter than my OCD can handle. 2. When using WAZE on CarPlay I can have map displayed on large monitor and turn by turn directions displayed on my phone simultaneously

RangerRap

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4 Magnet
Vehicle Showcase
I have the Weathertech cup phone holder that I brought over from my F150 but it sits back too far. Cup holders are on the side...not in the front like my F150 was.

Does anyone have another option that puts the phone more in front of you?

No drilling preferred.
35F1CDEC-F27C-4B0B-BE7A-4620D00F0283.jpeg

58D0043B-1629-4823-A454-C257A45A74F7.jpeg

image.jpg

RangerRap

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4 Magnet
Vehicle Showcase
This is the absolute best for your phone. Perfect position And I can even use my face recognition by turn in my face toward the phone.
You just push on the disc and the rest of it is magnetize so you can actually remove it and just have a flat desk there if you want. Basically itā€™s a magnet on both ends.

HoosierT

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 Ranger Lariat FX4, '17 Explorer Sport
In all of these photos I see the large touchscreen which makes me think all of you have android auto or CarPlay. How is a phone mount necessary at all when the screen becomes your phone screen?
I only use Apple auto on long trips. I donā€™t like the Spotify interface (hate in fact) on it so I just use my phone via Bluetooth.

HoosierT

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 Ranger Lariat FX4, '17 Explorer Sport
I like the location and the look!!
Do you still like it! Does the phone face you or does it move around?
Not sure how I missed this but I thought Iā€™d respond after using it all this time. I still love this setup and use it daily. My iPhone X faces me and doesnā€™t move around at all. Iā€™m guessing a larger heavier phone might cause it to droop but Iā€™m not certain.

BButah

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew FX4 (Saber)
I was curious as to whether anyone has tried the WeatherTech phone holder. Wasn't clear to me if you could see the screen with the placement of the cupholders...
I use the WeatherTech CupFone (had it in my previous Audi) and it works great. I just use it with a single cup. (I think it comes with 4 or 5 to fit many width cupholders?)

It fits tight enough that when my wife hops in and blasts it with her purse, it stays put! So no complaints from me about it staying in place.... I never touch it.

The phone is very accessible, right at your fingertips behind the gearshift if you need it. But honestly, I use CarPlay almost exclusively so I control everything from Siri, the console and/or the steering wheel. (a bonus is my phone is always charging too!)

I use a retractable USB cable from one of the two USB ports.

IMG_6987.JPG

GTGallop

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.qrz.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 SOLD - Now 2023 TRD Offroad
Occupation
Program Manager
That's quite a reach, what's the use that far from the driver?
So when his airbag deploys it doesn't physically merge his iPhone's Contact List with his Frontal Cortex.

chasvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Vehicle Showcase
So when his airbag deploys it doesn't physically merge his iPhone's Contact List with his Frontal Cortex.
There are lot of better locations that donā€™t interfere with the airbags. But is does require a different magnetic mount. I have a scoushe mount on the a lower Right Edge of the screen bezel. Works fine and within reach.

Last edited:

Rinn69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 Lightning Blue
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt
Vehicle Showcase
I like the location and the look!!
Do you still like it! Does the phone face you or does it move around?
I have the same mount as @Bill P , but mine is on the right side below the touchscreen. No issues after 10-11 months.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I've been using this one here since I bought my Ranger and it holds your phone great. You get a stick on magnet that mounts on the back side of your phone or the case. In all my daily driving and off roading I've never had my phone fall off the mount. Best $11.00 i've spent!

IMG_1435.jpg

psweeney

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4 (well, it started that way)
I use these guys products in all my vehicles for phone and tablet mounts. Not cheap, but they work really well and I've never had any issues including in race type vehicles. They'll handle whatever abuse you can throw at them in my experience. https://mobarmor.com/

20200414_075238.jpg

OKRaptor

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F-150 XLT, 2019 Acura RDX and a 2007 Mazda Miata w/turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure how I missed this but I thought Iā€™d respond after using it all this time. I still love this setup and use it daily. My iPhone X faces me and doesnā€™t move around at all. Iā€™m guessing a larger heavier phone might cause it to droop but Iā€™m not certain.
I use the Steelie as well mounted in the same location and I have a Galaxy S7 Active and it does not move at all. I too like it very much.

Ace Holliday

First Name
Scott K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Super Crew
Occupation
Aerospace Machinist/CNC Programmer - Retired
As a few others have done. A magnetic mount just below the center screen in the lower right.
This was the most sensible location for me. Easily within reach and does not block essential functions or air flow.

IMG_7974.JPEG
IMG_7973.JPEG
Sponsored