Parking brake boot.....Genuine Pleather

got3fords

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Sport
So far mine is holding up and it was done last month. I had noticed about 2 months in from when I purchased the Ranger it started cracking. I do use my parking brake as it's habit from work and driving manual transmissions.
I wonder if it will last the winter. That's when mine started cracking.
Sponsored

MrBirdman330

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger XL STX Special Edition
Occupation
Letter Carrier
Well the question has been answered, noticed this morning when I went shopping, cracked. Around either end of this month or December I will be heading in for the next oil change. I will mention it out and see what to be done.

TheRoushRanger046

First Name
Mack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Roush Ranger
Well the question has been answered, noticed this morning when I went shopping, cracked. Around either end of this month or December I will be heading in for the next oil change. I will mention it out and see what to be done.
Just did the same thing. Dealership was amazing and had no problem fixing it. No rip and looks perfect now.

got3fords

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Sport
Just did the same thing. Dealership was amazing and had no problem fixing it. No rip and looks perfect now.
Does it look like the same material, or has it improved in quality? I have postponed getting the dealership involved in hopes they won't just replace it with the same crap.

MrBirdman330

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger XL STX Special Edition
Occupation
Letter Carrier
Does it look like the same material, or has it improved in quality? I have postponed getting the dealership involved in hopes they won't just replace it with the same crap.
My replacement was supposed to be better than what the original was, obviously it wasn't as the stitching behind the pleather was different from the original. Which nobody has figured out why the parking break boots are cracking but not the shifter boots.

JasonTremor

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor XLT
OEM shifter boot material stays soft in cold, but OEM parking brake boot stiffens up in cold. At 11k miles and mine hasn't cracked yet.

Jedadiah

First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 XLT SuperCrew 4x2. Former '21 SuperCab Owner
My replacement boot is starting to crack just like the original. I guess I'll get it replaced one more time before the 3/36,000 runs out.....

I'll wait until as close to the mileage as I can.

JoeC

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Really folks?
Maybe I missed something, but I have to ask why you're complaining about this problem, in this thread of 24 pages, when the solution began at post #71 (page 5) a long time ago.

Order it from Redline, take an hour to install it, and be happy.
No?
Are you saying Redline's leather one is cracking?

Jedadiah

First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 XLT SuperCrew 4x2. Former '21 SuperCab Owner
Really folks?
Maybe I missed something, but I have to ask why you're complaining about this problem, in this thread of 24 pages, when the solution began at post #71 (page 5) a long time ago.

Order it from Redline, take an hour to install it, and be happy.
No?
Are you saying Redline's leather one is cracking?
Why would I want to pay to fix something that shouldn't just fall apart? Ford should replace all of these and make sure the replacements aren't basically defective as well.

got3fords

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Sport
Why would I want to pay to fix something that shouldn't just fall apart? Ford should replace all of these and make sure the replacements aren't basically defective as well.
This...

TheRoushRanger046

First Name
Mack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Roush Ranger
Nah… looks the exact same … and it was under warranty, so I am very happy!

quangdog

First Name
Kimball
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
My time is worth something. Dealing with getting the truck scheduled, dropped off at the dealership, then waiting who knows how long to get them to actually do the work, then go pick it all up again... it's not worth that hassle to me. Ordering the replacement from Redline and doing the install myself took a lot less of *my* time than dealing with Ford replacement, and I *know* the repair was performed correctly because I did it myself.

Why do I feel this way? Well, I've dropped my truck at the dealer (with an appointment time) to have them deal with other, larger issues and they let it sit in their lot for a full week before they even looked at it... and then they lied through their teeth about what work they actually performed. My dashcams don't lie, and I no longer trust my local dealer at all.

JasonTremor

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor XLT
My time is worth something. Dealing with getting the truck scheduled, dropped off at the dealership, then waiting who knows how long to get them to actually do the work, then go pick it all up again... it's not worth that hassle to me. Ordering the replacement from Redline and doing the install myself took a lot less of *my* time than dealing with Ford replacement, and I *know* the repair was performed correctly because I did it myself.

Why do I feel this way? Well, I've dropped my truck at the dealer (with an appointment time) to have them deal with other, larger issues and they let it sit in their lot for a full week before they even looked at it... and then they lied through their teeth about what work they actually performed. My dashcams don't lie, and I no longer trust my local dealer at all.
Does the redline replacement stay as pliable/soft as the oem shifter boot in cold weather?

I find in 20 degree F weather, the oem shifter boot is largely unaffected by the temp, but the oem brake handle boot is stiff enough that i have to push down on the lever with some pressure after pushing the release button to release the parking brake.

If the redline stays flexible like the shifter boot, then I'm ordering one for Christmas.
Sponsored