Parking Brake boot has a tear

PittRanger

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
I have two cracks within an inch of each other. Has anyone had them repaired? How does it look?
Sponsored

David J Appel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
They replaced my torn e boot cover. The material if different so hoping this is resolved. However, they scratched up the black plastic surrounding the area during the install. No one gives a damn. Now my center console is all scratched up bc Ford built a truck with crappy material that had to be replaced by some tech who doesn't give a shit. I can't get a brake with this truck. Lots and lots of stupid stuff. Not impressed with the attention to detail. My door panels still rattle way too much for a brand new $37,000 truck. Should have bought a Toyota.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
They replaced my torn e boot cover. The material if different so hoping this is resolved. However, they scratched up the black plastic surrounding the area during the install. No one gives a damn. Now my center console is all scratched up bc Ford built a truck with crappy material that had to be replaced by some tech who doesn't give a shit. I can't get a brake with this truck. Lots and lots of stupid stuff. Not impressed with the attention to detail. My door panels still rattle way too much for a brand new $37,000 truck. Should have bought a Toyota.
Hi David,

Sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction. The boot material and the cracking are likely on the Ford supplier of the boot. However, the install is a dealer and a Tech problem, not Ford. What I recommend is you contact Ford Customer Service and create a trouble ticket. The take your Ranger to another dealer if you can. The new dealer can bill against the trouble ticket and hopefully can resolve your poor install.

Again, sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction with your Ranger.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

Firestud5

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX2.
Occupation
Fire Captain (Retired)
Vehicle Showcase
I’m with Phil. I would still Talk to the service manager and tell him what happened and have them do it right. I for one do not accept shoddy work from anything. The Ranger is still a great truck.

David J Appel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
i'd be upset too if a tech did damage because he wasnt careful enough.
but to say you shoulda bout a Toyota tells me more about you than them.

Why? bc I am unhappy with my brief Ford experience? I bought a new 2019 XLT last August. My problem/issue list so far:

Dash vibration
Blown driver door speaker
Constant rattle/vibration in both front seat door panels
Rough shifting on cold start from 3rd to 4th
Torn E boot
Back seat won't lock upright
Tow package did not include Trailer brake controller
Missing ignition trim ring
Hood alignment off
Trim panel left side of cowling came loose
Pre collision warning multiple times out of nowhere

The truck has 9,000 miles on it. I know others here have experienced most of these problems but they all shout from the roof tops how wonderful the truck is. The attention to detail is lacking. I do like the engine and generally how the truck drives. This is my first Ford. Just not impressed. Maybe the tacoma would have it's issues too but maybe not. If the truck cost me $20,000 ok but with a price tag of $37,000, it better be perfect. My two cents. I'm ready for the die hard Ford bashing now.......

Cape Cruiser

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
31 Ford-20 Ranger Lariat FX4- 19 Ranger Lariat 4x2
Occupation
retired mechanic
Why? bc I am unhappy with my brief Ford experience? I bought a new 2019 XLT last August. My problem/issue list so far:

Dash vibration
Torn E boot
Hood alignment off

The truck has 9,000 miles on it. I know others here have experienced most of these problems but they all shout from the roof tops how wonderful the truck is. The attention to detail is lacking. I do like the engine and generally how the truck drives. This is my first Ford. Just not impressed. Maybe the tacoma would have it's issues too but maybe not. If the truck cost me $20,000 ok but with a price tag of $37,000, it better be perfect. My two cents. I'm ready for the die hard Ford bashing now.......
I would try another dealer,they are all easy fix items.Maybe its overwhelming cause things hit all at once? Good luck its a good truck, I also have a 17 Taco and to me there is no comparison. Bret

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger SCab,'16 Connect,'95 MustangGT,'50 Ford
Does anyone know what determines the emergency brake location. Foot or hand?
A foot operated parking brake is almost never used, often becomes inoperable over time, and
it can't safely be used in a moving vehicle.
The only advantage being more console space and a pedal placed out of the way... fit only to be ignored and to meet DOT requirements

A Hand operated E-Brake can be used as a parking brake, but it can also be used to control a moving vehicle under certain conditions since it can be engaged, released or even modulated while driving.

So I guess the placement is determined by whether the builder wants to provide only an ostensible parking brake ....or an actual E-Brake.

Last edited:

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger SCab,'16 Connect,'95 MustangGT,'50 Ford

Dash vibration
Torn E boot
Hood alignment off

My truck has 9000 miles on it too and has had none of the problems that you have had,
Sorry for your experience.
I know I would be unhappy too if I bought a Ford and got Toyota build quality.

Maybe my truck was built perfect because they knew my expectations would be high.
having owned other Fords.

jsphlynch

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XL
Dealer replaced my boot this morning under warranty, completely hassle-free (although it did take a while for the replacement boot to arrive). New boot feels like it could be a slightly different material, though I'd need them side-by-side to say for sure.

FriesSupreme

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Same issue here. Will be taking it in to do some recall work so I will hope to have it all fixed under warranty.
Sponsored