Talk to you again at Halloween.
Enjoy the reunion!
Sponsored

Jim C

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger
I just want to help get to 300. I’ve given up on the damper and I’m number 5 on the “list”.
no doubt this will get well past 300 as long as there is interest, personally ive no issue lowering the tailgate & im used to doing so. -1 now

chasvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Vehicle Showcase
no doubt this will get well past 300 as long as there is interest, personally ive no issue lowering the tailgate & im used to doing so. -1 now
NONE of us have “an issue” lowering the tailgate. Let’s get THAT straight right now! But MANY of us have had the convenience of a damper on the tailgate and appreciate the feature for what it provides.

tgRanger

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat, 1988 Mustang GT, 2013 Toyota Highlander Limited
Vehicle Showcase
Happy 6 Month Anniversary of this thread!!!

:beer: :party: :champagne:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
While ordering my level kit from Panda the other day I asked Troy about the Tailgate Damper and he said they're still having a problem with the shock. Everything else is set but the last two shocks didn't work right. The last one lowered fine but took a lot of force to bring it back up so they're still working on it. As much as I hate waiting it's better they perfect it than throw something out that doesn't work right. Then the lynch mob will really be after them! :angry::curse:

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
While ordering my level kit from Panda the other day I asked Troy about the Tailgate Damper and he said they're still having a problem with the shock. Everything else is set but the last two shocks didn't work right. The last one lowered fine but took a lot of force to bring it back up so they're still working on it. As much as I hate waiting it's better they perfect it than throw something out that doesn't work right. Then the lynch mob will really be after them! :angry::curse:
Hi Dave

This is a double edge sword...I am thinking they should have perfected this product off line and the launched instead of the way it is going now with technical difficulties front and center for all to see... JMO

best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Hi Dave

This is a double edge sword...I am thinking they should have perfected this product off line and the launched instead of the way it is going now with technical difficulties front and center for all to see... JMO

best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

Hi Phil,

I totally agree with you but I'm thinking that they never thought it would take this long. I know they're outsourcing this but it's a shock,is it that hard to find the correct one:question:I just thought I pass along the info I was told last week. :)

DBaz

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Change the leverage, length, or suspended weight of a shock and you can run into issues.

Change them all and you can find yourself needing to start from scratch.

Jim C

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger
NONE of us have “an issue” lowering the tailgate. Let’s get THAT straight right now! But MANY of us have had the convenience of a damper on the tailgate and appreciate the feature for what it provides.
just for clarification, i was not making any references to any member or person, as i stated 'I" dont have any issues with the tailgate.

samsd

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4x4 HPR, 2016 Town and Country, 2004 Road King Custom
Occupation
Retired
I have a shock, just need the bracket, how hard can it be?

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
I just have my kids put the tailgate up and down while I'm eating popcorn and reading this thread.

chasvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Vehicle Showcase
just for clarification, i was not making any references to any member or person, as i stated 'I" dont have any issues with the tailgate.
I got that. Didn't accuse you of addressing any member. But the Meme has gotten out of hand and I was clarifying the desire those of us who want a Damper on the Tailgate. Not dogging anyone.

rwjrn

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
I just went on vacation with the F-150 that I don't drive as often as the Ranger. I forgot how nice it is to have a tailgate damper, especially when you are loading and unloading with armloads of stuff. I'll be happy when someone finally figures out one for the Ranger. Not a huge deal, but annoying when I forget and one finger the tailgate.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.