RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
I'm closing in on 10,000 miles on my new Ranger, and I still love it - it still brings a smile to my face when I drive it. With that said, there are some things that would make this truck a perfect vehicle for me. I'm hoping at least some of these can be incorporated into the next gen Rangers:
  • Locking gas door (with interior release latch)
  • 60/40 split rear seat - this has been talked about at length - while it hasn't really been a huge issue for me, it would be nice to have some options here
  • Rear seat fold flat - again, not a huge issue, but it would be nice to have some options here
  • Better under rear seat storage
  • 6 foot bed option - this was probably the biggest compromise I made when purchasing this truck - I really wanted to keep my 6 foot bed
  • Longer center console lid (or sliding lid - so you can easily rest arm on console and still steer comfortably)
  • Tailgate damper - this has been resolved by the aftermarket part, but it really should be standard equipment on higher trim levels
  • 120v Power in bed - not 12, but 120 - I know we have the in cab option which is nice, but it would be very useful to have it in the bed as well
  • Slightly less bounce but still make it a nice daily driver - I don't mind the bounce, but it would be nice if a slightly better middle ground could be found - this is really a nit for me.
  • Firmer brake pedal - Again, it doesn't bother me too much, but I can see what others have talked about for a long time - seems like it could be a bit firmer - this is another nit for me.
Many of these are VERY picky items - as I said, I love my new Ranger - it would just be nice to have a few more options in the next gen version. It will be interesting to see what the next gen version brings to the table in a couple of years.
Sponsored

lohchief

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 CC.
Occupation
Disabled/retired
Vehicle Showcase
DIESEL,I want a diesel option.Also,I need both the crew cab AND a 6+ ft bed. Work on it please. Center console armrest that isn't almost usable from the back seats,(sarc). More color choices,PLEASE. Not only do I love my truck,my wife loves it too,so kudos to Ford for making that part of my life easier ;}> Did I mention I want a DIESEL Ranger....

Deleted member 1634

Couple things for me:
  • Heated mirrors with the heated seats package.
  • Diesel would've been nice. Not sure if I would've chosen it given how good the 2.3-10speed combo is. But would've definitely made me think.
  • Manual transmission option. Again, not sure if I would've chosen it, but still.
  • LED/upgraded headlight option on XLT
  • Power sliding rear window

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
There really isn't to much it doesn't have that I would want/need but a few would be:

Cooled seats
a larger engine option
Auto start/stop with a longer delay
A console tray you can actually use,not the pencil holder they give you now
Tailgate damper :lipssealed:
Better leather in the Lariat
Power rear window,it's useless without one

BDoc

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4 SCrew
Occupation
US Air Force, retired; now Civil Service (USAF)
Vehicle Showcase
While I'm in agreement this truck is outstanding as is, these are few of the "niceties" that I would like to see added (first-world problems and all):

- @RedlandRanger - Yes to the locking gas door w/ interior release
- and also yes to the 60/40 split rear seat that actually FOLDS FLAT - seriously Ford, WTH?
- Heated mirrors & steering wheel
- Cooled seats
- Power sliding rear window (yep, it's useless as is)
- Better under seat storage in the rear / storage behind the seat on the cab wall
- Integrated trailer brake controller INCLUDED with tow package

And if the next gen Ranger comes with a hybrid option that performs as well as this one, I may be in trouble with my better half (I was told this truck has to last me ten years).

John Lyman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Sport 4x2 Oxford White
Vehicle Showcase
Locking fuel - since they are working with VW adopted there system where when the car is locked the fuel door is to - once the car is unlocked so is the fuel door and has the same push to open as the Ranger.

Heated steering wheel and cooled seats - one thing the salesmen told me the reason there are no heated mirrors is because of the lane assist - don't know if this is BS - but I didn't even ask so I took it with a grain of salt.

Fold flat rear seats and better console storage

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
I don't care what they do with any Rangers in the future as I'm keeping mine for life...I'm just that guy :)

BDoc

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4 SCrew
Occupation
US Air Force, retired; now Civil Service (USAF)
Vehicle Showcase
Locking fuel - since they are working with VW adopted there system where when the car is locked the fuel door is to - once the car is unlocked so is the fuel door and has the same push to open as the Ranger.

Heated steering wheel and cooled seats - one thing the salesmen told me the reason there are no heated mirrors is because of the lane assist - don't know if this is BS - but I didn't even ask so I took it with a grain of salt.

Yep, BS. Subaru has lane assist AND heated mirrors (as I'm sure others do).

Deleted member 1634

Yep, BS. Subaru has lane assist AND heated mirrors (as I'm sure others do).
Yeah, total BS since the lane keep assist uses the camera behind the rearview mirror. Also, the blind spot radar is in the tail lights. So there are no sensing devices in the side mirrors as far as I know.

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
I'm assuming you meant heated steering wheel both times, since heated mirrors are already an available option. Still BS, either way.

Radioman

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x2, 2017 Toyota Limited Highlander w/Platinum Pkg., 2012 Jeep JK Rubicon
Occupation
Retired RF Telecommications Manager
Yes, I really enjoy the new Ranger as it is, but it could be better with:
Delete the sliding rear window - it is useless
Add a locking gas door that is operated from the interior
Add a braking controller with the towing package
Add cameras under the mirrors and in the front of the vehicle to allow 360 degree view
Add heated steering wheel
Add air conditioning to the bottom and back of the front seats
Rewrite the owner's manual for better clarity

BillinPCB

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Miata, 2019 Ford Ranger Crew Cab XLT, 2019 Ford F53 Motorhome
DIESEL,I want a diesel option.Also,I need both the crew cab AND a 6+ ft bed. Work on it please. Center console armrest that isn't almost usable from the back seats,(sarc). More color choices,PLEASE. Not only do I love my truck,my wife loves it too,so kudos to Ford for making that part of my life easier ;}> Did I mention I want a DIESEL Ranger....
Why do you want/need a diesel in a truck this size? Unless you are towing heavy a lot of the time it just doesn’t make economic sense.

MTB-BRUH

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Base
Occupation
Shop Manager
Ya I don’t understand the wanting a diesel thing. I’ve owned diesels in 3/4 and 1 ton and they’re nice but all you get with a mid size truck and a diesel is a bit better mileage. The 2.3L power range feels similar to a diesel. Very torquey
Sponsored