Threads
Reaction score
Fort Mill/Indian Land area South Carolina
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lariat Sport and 19 Lincoln MKC Reserve
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Locking fuel - since they are working with VW adopted there system where when the car is locked the fuel door is to - once the car is unlocked so is the fuel door and has the same push to open as the Ranger.

Heated steering wheel and cooled seats - one thing the salesmen told me the reason there are no heated mirrors is because of the lane assist - don't know if this is BS - but I didn't even ask so I took it with a grain of salt.

Fold flat rear seats and better console storage
Shouldn't have been a big deal for the Ranger. The same set up you posted is on the wife's Lincoln MKC.

Traneman

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX 4x4
I would love a Diesel, but with the cost of it per gallon, needed DEF, and maint cost is lot more than gas.. I don't want those extra expense. :-(

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat - 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
The only thing I wish my Ranger had that it doesn't is a locking gas door. :)
I guess you haven't been reading about the people stealing gas just puncturing the plastic tanks now if your talking vandalism I'm not sure that they could get deep enough into the tank. All that said I kind of like the locking fuel cover as well. POM

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
I guess you haven't been reading about the people stealing gas just puncturing the plastic tanks now if your talking vandalism I'm not sure that they could get deep enough into the tank. All that said I kind of like the locking fuel cover as well. POM
No, haven’t heard of that, but not surprised, sorry to say.:frown: I wasn’t really worried about the stealing gas part, but was worried about someone possibly pouring something in my tank for the heck of it. Good to know it might not get into the tank. But, it would give me a peace of mind to have it. Definitely.:sun:

Anthony

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 SCrew
Occupation
COO
Vehicle Showcase
I honestly can’t think of much anything that is a “must have” for me. I’m super happy with what I have and I know the things I would want are already on the current Ranger...I just didn’t get those options.

Now some things that would make it more competitive (not necessarily things I want) could be:
  • Longer bed option on the SCrew.
  • Raptor
  • The aforementioned rear seat options (60/40 & fold flat)
  • A bit larger rear seat legroom
  • 360 degree camera (top down)
  • More towing options (like F-150 reverse tow steering knob)
  • Better interior parts quality (softer touch points, less hard plastic)
  • Better ingress / egress from bed (built in steps)
  • Some roof options (sunroof, pano roof)
  • Larger center console storage

Deleted member 1634

It doesn't have to make economic sense to you at all,or anyone for that matter. I have owned diesels in the past,and it's my preferred engine option. NO, I have no need for a f150/250/350.
Agreed. I'm more than willing to pay extra to get better mileage (i.e. use less fuel and create less emissions, thereby not polluting as much and trying to save the planet even just a little bit). Same goes for a hybrid version.

Deleted member 1634

Man, a lot of you must live in some bad places to be so worried about a locking fuel door. Whether it's people stealing your gas or putting something in your tank. That is something that has never even crossed my mind, let alone something I'm concerned about.

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
Agreed. I'm more than willing to pay extra to get better mileage (i.e. use less fuel and create less emissions, thereby not polluting as much and trying to save the planet even just a little bit). Same goes for a hybrid version.
The problem with diesel is that particulates have turned out to be a bigger and more intractable problem than people thought 30 years ago. Dealing with the particulates eats into any potential fuel economy or reliability advantage. Maybe enough R&D could eventually overcome that, but it's hard to make a business case for that when it's pretty clear that internal combustion engines are a shrinking market. If things had gone differently with biodiesel a couple of decades ago the equation might look different, but the corn lobby got ethanol instead and the water is too far under the bridge to change that now.

Rene Michaels

First Name
SOLD IT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Supercrew 4X2 5' Box Lariat
One more thing ...the instrument cluster on the right side should display the entertainment info. My 2016 Explorer displayed the SiriusXM song info there, but the Ranger doesn't. Nice to have when the Sync screen is displaying something else.

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
Options... Make all these creature comforts exactly that, options.

These trucks are already bloated with creature comforts and technology. Less is more.

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
One more thing ...the instrument cluster on the right side should display the entertainment info. My 2016 Explorer displayed the SiriusXM song info there, but the Ranger doesn't. Nice to have when the Sync screen is displaying something else.
It's a known bug in the version of sync currently in the ranger. The fix supposedly exists, but carmakers suck at consumer electronics and they haven't pushed the updated software to us.

Deleted member 1634

The problem with diesel is that particulates have turned out to be a bigger and more intractable problem than people thought 30 years ago. Dealing with the particulates eats into any potential fuel economy or reliability advantage. Maybe enough R&D could eventually overcome that, but it's hard to make a business case for that when it's pretty clear that internal combustion engines are a shrinking market. If things had gone differently with biodiesel a couple of decades ago the equation might look different, but the corn lobby got ethanol instead and the water is too far under the bridge to change that now.
Yeah, true. The best solution, in my mind, is something like hydrogen or some other sort of largely renewable fuel. Electric/Hybrid vehicles just pollute and destroy the planet in other ways than the tailpipe (mining and processing of the metals required). Biodiesel would definitely be a good alternative in the short term. Diesel by itself certainly isn't the answer either, you're right. And it does end up going all the way back to the corporate money. But that's a rant not related to this Forum. haha

Onlyone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4, 2019 Jeep Rubicon on 37's
I would say,

Why the hell do we still use a key? Push button start standard.
Rear camera and sync? Horrible low def camera. Crappy picture. Sync sucks.
Sport mode is nice and I like the peddle feel but it holds the gears on deceleration way too long. I can understand that happening with tow haul mode.
With 10 speeds, you would think they could have done a better job of tuning it to keep the engine more in sync with the power needs during city driving.

That's about it. It’s a great truck for my wife. We really like it.

ZCoker

First Name
Zane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2012 Mini Cooper Clubman, 1981 Porsch Slantnose (550hp), 1980 BMW 528i (750hp)
I see a lot on here about wanting the locking fuel door, which we don't have...but isn't the cap-less filler neck sealed? It requires either a pump nozzle or correct sized diameter nozzle to open it, like the Ford filler funnel. Just bringing this point up because looks like one cannot just pour stuff in there without going through a lot of trouble.
Sponsored