I'm closing in on 10,000 miles on my new Ranger, and I still love it - it still brings a smile to my face when I drive it. With that said, there are some things that would make this truck a perfect vehicle for me. I'm hoping at least some of these can be incorporated into the next gen Rangers:
- Locking gas door (with interior release latch)
- 60/40 split rear seat - this has been talked about at length - while it hasn't really been a huge issue for me, it would be nice to have some options here
- Rear seat fold flat - again, not a huge issue, but it would be nice to have some options here
- Better under rear seat storage
- 6 foot bed option - this was probably the biggest compromise I made when purchasing this truck - I really wanted to keep my 6 foot bed
- Longer center console lid (or sliding lid - so you can easily rest arm on console and still steer comfortably)
- Tailgate damper - this has been resolved by the aftermarket part, but it really should be standard equipment on higher trim levels
- 120v Power in bed - not 12, but 120 - I know we have the in cab option which is nice, but it would be very useful to have it in the bed as well
- Slightly less bounce but still make it a nice daily driver - I don't mind the bounce, but it would be nice if a slightly better middle ground could be found - this is really a nit for me.
- Firmer brake pedal - Again, it doesn't bother me too much, but I can see what others have talked about for a long time - seems like it could be a bit firmer - this is another nit for me.