OK I am going to open a can of worms.... What wax do you use on Oxford White?

jms50f5coe

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Sport Lariat 4X4
Occupation
gov'ment employee
What product do you like to protect your Oxford White paint?
Sponsored

Radioman

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x2, 2017 Toyota Limited Highlander w/Platinum Pkg., 2012 Jeep JK Rubicon
Occupation
Retired RF Telecommications Manager
There are several threads on here about how people are detailing their vehicles including which car wash products they use, which wax they use, how to use ceramic coating, etc. Me, I just use Turtle Wax Ice a couple times a year and call it good.

daniel3507

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
I use Meguiars M16 Paste Wax or a synthetic sealer depending on my mood. You're not going to get that deep look out of white that you'll get out of darker colors no matter what you use.

Glocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2014 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
There is a Meguiars product called White Wax you might want to consider. It's not formulated for white vehicles, however it's a "cleaning wax" that happens to work well on white vehicles. If you fine you have a lot of fine surface scratches, consider Meguiars Black wax. It is not formulated for black vehicles, although it works awesome with my black Mustang. It has some fine polishing compounds suspended in the wax and does a nice job knocking out fine swirls while waxing.

Johnv1991

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
I vote for meguiars ceramic products. Super super easy to use, top notch results for little effort. I guess really my one piece of advice for any detailing is what are your goals and expectations, then just find a set of products and a routine and stick with it. I’ve spent thousands on all the latest and greatest products that get all the hype on the various forums. After a while you realize most of them never get used after the first time you try them.

BCRanger

First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 2020
Occupation
Software
I just put NuFinsih on my new White Platinum fwiw. Added a definete layer of sheen, but nothing my wife was able to notice, lol. But I did it to add an extra layer of protection and apparently NuFinish works well for that.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
There are several threads on here about how people are detailing their vehicles including which car wash products they use, which wax they use, how to use ceramic coating, etc. Me, I just use Turtle Wax Ice a couple times a year and call it good.
As @Radioman said there's a ton of posts already in the detailing section here. Lots of good info for all sorts of detailing from the interior to the exterior to pressure washers. Here's one of my posts on all the products I use.

rltriumph

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Pipefitter
P&S beadmaker. Apply on dry vehicle every couple months and let dry overnight. Lightly mist vehicle every time I wash it and use it as a drying agent. Polymer based. Not a wax.

Cmar

First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger PX
I just put NuFinsih on my new White Platinum fwiw. Added a definete layer of sheen, but nothing my wife was able to notice, lol. But I did it to add an extra layer of protection and apparently NuFinish works well for that.
Another Nu finish user here, been using it for many years, on many different cars. Comparatively cheap, reliable, just works.

Although Turtle wax do make a coloured wax, I used it (the black one), on my wife's black car for a while and it was pretty good. But it was really messy being black - you had to wear gloves or spend an hour cleaning your hands afterwards.

Metal Geezer

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX4 Off Road
Vehicle Showcase
Nufinish for over 30 years. No regrets.

seasprite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XL STX
I'm not the waxing type, so I had the dealer do the simoniz coating on the truck. But true to dealer quality control they didn't do the roof and drivers side front quarter panel. I liked what saw with the water repelling and ease of cleaning so I ordered a bottle off ebay and finished it myself. Even did the frame in the rear wheel wells.
This is my front quarter panel: Nice mirror shine
20220905_120416.jpg

20220905_080143.jpg

pbethel

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2016 Ford t250 Transit
Occupation
retired
My Transit in Oxford White has sat outside in the desert weather for five years I've owned it.
I wash it five or six times a year with what ever random car wash/wax I've gotten for free.
Paint is fine but some of the plastic is showing damage from the sun/heat.
The single stage paint seems to hold up really well with minimal care.
Sponsored